Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slower weight loss after revision?

I dont mind if I am a slower loser. I just want to be mentally prepared.

Compared to your non revision PEERS- are you slower, or the same?

Also, do we reach goal weight at all? Or are we the same as our non revision peers?

Some do, some dont?

I know we shouldnt compare ourselves to others! I know everyone is different. I'm asking Generally.

Do we generally lose slower, and do we generally reach goal?

Sorry if its a dumb question!!!!

& Thank you!

I think we all lose weight differently. I reach goal before 1 year out. I started at 211 now 110 I sometimes feel so small. The cold weather is horrible. I'm always freezing.

I think we all reach goal but at different times.

I had a revision in May and am down 83lbs (102 total). I think that is pretty damn good! Granted, I am trying very hard, but my point is that I am a successful revision. I know soccermama has had a revision as well and is doing amazing.

Slow...soccermomma is slow but doing great (58 pounds in 7 months). However, it keeps slowly slipping off and I FEEL FABULOUS so I'll take it. As I confessed elsewhere earlier today, I haven't been exercising worth a darn the last couple months either, I'm sure if I cranked that up things would move faster. Although, honestly, even when I was hitting it hard, I still never lost like many around here do. It's not a race, every pound I lose is a step towards a healthier me, as long as I keep heading that direction I'm good with it!

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 198

And GG you are rocking it!!!!!

Hi there, I went from a lapband to a bypass. Prior to surgery I was 264 pounds as of January 2013. I lost 28 pounds by the time I had my surgery on Aug 1st. So surgery weight was 236. I now weigh 211 (27 pound loss at about 3 pounds a week. I think I lose slower because of the revision, but also because of other challenging health issues; however, I am pleased with losing something. I do worry if I will make it to my goal weight, but what I think will help is some sort of exercises or swimming in the pool as a regular form of exercise. Keep in touch with me if you like, because once I am able to afford to go the pool regularly, I will let you know if it helps. Good luck to you! :)

And GG you are rocking it!!!!!

Thanks, but I started at a much higher weight, DOS was 320, so I think we aren't much different, not that I care or compare myself anyways. I think you're doing great and was so excited when you got under 200lbs, thats all I really care about, that 1! I am tall (5'10) and will look just fine once I get into the high 1's on the scale. 37lbs to go! I will say I exercise hard, and whether it has helped or not, well there is no way to tell, but it feels great.

As long as I lose I'm happy, started at 211 day of surgery 9/11 and now weigh 196. I stalled for about 3 days, but dropped another pound today. I think that we lose slower as we get nearer our goal weight. But as long as I am losing, don't care how long it takes.

exactly...my plan is to measure my success by NSV's and not numbers! I just dont want to have the surgery- and because I'm slow losing, be afraid that i wont be successful. all i really want is to be under 200! thats 50 pounds! surely i can do that. LOL!

you are all inspirations to us pre surgery. thank you for still being here and helping us.

i have 10 days left! my doc is removing my band laporoscpy, and then doing my RNY with a robot for the first time. (of course- if he can)

i want to say the robot is the reason for my nerves...but i would be scared having any surgery. i think im phobic! i had a c-section without drugs in 99. they just cut me open and took him out.

exactly...my plan is to measure my success by NSV's and not numbers! I just dont want to have the surgery- and because I'm slow losing, be afraid that i wont be successful. all i really want is to be under 200! thats 50 pounds! surely i can do that. LOL!

you are all inspirations to us pre surgery. thank you for still being here and helping us.

i have 10 days left! my doc is removing my band laporoscpy, and then doing my RNY with a robot for the first time. (of course- if he can)

i want to say the robot is the reason for my nerves...but i would be scared having any surgery. i think im phobic! i had a c-section without drugs in 99. they just cut me open and took him out.

Think this one will be a lot easier than your C-section and you actually don't need to worry. The only thing that might slow things down is how much scar tissue you might have with the band. I was lucky and hardy had any, so I was out of surgery within an hour. That was just the bypass as band removal was done ten weeks prior. My doctor won't do both at the same time, he wants to wait for the stomach to heal.

my hubby has booked us a resort vacation...we leave on thursday right after my endoscopy. guess im sleeping all the way there! LOL! we get home on monday- i start my liquid diet and then on thursday have my surgery. excited! its almost here. this is just what i need to get my mind off everything! I'm so blessed to have this man!

thanks for the words of wisdom. im taking it all in- so thankful!

surgery.png?ts=1381335364 surgery.png?ts=1381335364 MuchMuch success to you.

As long as I lose I'm happy' date=' started at 211 day of surgery 9/11 and now weigh 196. I stalled for about 3 days, but dropped another pound today. I think that we lose slower as we get nearer our goal weight. But as long as I am losing, don't care how long it takes.[/quote']

I think we are similar. I had my revision on 9/9. My Pre surgery weight was 212. I am now 195.3. My highest ever was 260, Pre band 244 and Pre surgery diet 222.9. Anyways, I am grateful the scale keeps going down! I am 5 weeks out and just now feeling like myself. Exercise has been slow but will get on the bandwagon now.

Anyways, will be interested to see how everybody does on this journey

Sue