Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please read pre op crisis

I agree I'm scheduled for nov 4 I'm approaching day 11 it's much easier after that 1st week. I'm priding on myself that I haven't cheated not even once but I don't do those Protein Shakes I only take 1 a day they are gross and I don't have a appetite do y'all think I'm going to die lol it's just that I'd rather not even eat but I get plenty of Water in the broth is gross now too I only eat the sugar free popscicles but I only have about 2 a day we'll yesterday I had 1 and today I haven't eaten or drank anything but water I'm just not hungry and in tired of holding my nose to drink those Protein shakes hummmm what's the worst case scenario if j don't drink them I only have about 4 days left I mean I may can do broths or one protein a day idk

Find a way to dr up the shakes so you can drink them. Whirl them up with ice and some sugar free Torani syrups...anything.

You can't go 4 days without nutrition. Call your dr tomorrow and ask them if it's really that bad.

But think about it..you've made it 11 whole days!! You can totally make it 4 more!

You got this! And btw..I made it 15 days in just shakes. Felt super proud as a result. Keep in mind, post op, you'll be forced to rely on the Protein supplement for a while. Try some different ones from the Vitamin shoppe if you've for that store near you!

Edited by gomekast

You are going to be on Protein shakes for awhile after surgery, so you should find one you like. I used Bariatric Advantage Choc and vanilla. The vanilla you can flavor with things like piña colada or other fruits. Also powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury has a chicken Soup mix that is high in Protein, and a strawberry sorbet flavor that is great mixed with sugar free Jello.

Good luck on your journey. It's going to be amazing!

I feel you on this one. I had the same issue. I was on a 10 day Protein liquid diet (5 shakes a day). They were gross! I even got violently sick off them one day. So I went on Clear liquids for a day. I begged my surgeon to not make me drink them. They really wanted me to try to reintroduce them and drink them. They suggested I mix them with non-fat milk instead of Water and add crushed ice. That did help, but there was still noway I was drinking 5 of them a day. I could only get in 3. I called the Dr. back and asked if I needed to drink all 5 everyday. And they really wanted me to, because they didn't want my electrolytes depleated for my surgery. I tried and tried, but most days is was only 3 shakes and sometimes 4. All my pre-op labs were good and I did fine in surgery.

So after all that.... I feel ya! I would probably call the Dr's office and discuss this with them and see if you can come to a compromise than just go off on your own plan.

probably not much help lol sorry :( but I can relate.

Bonnie

Find a way to dr up the shakes so you can drink them. Whirl them up with ice and some sugar free Torani syrups...anything. You can't go 4 days without nutrition. Call your dr tomorrow and ask them if it's really that bad. But think about it..you've made it 11 whole days!! You can totally make it 4 more! You got this! And btw..I made it 15 days in just shakes. Felt super proud as a result. Keep in mind' date=' post op, you'll be forced to rely on the Protein supplement for a while. Try some different ones from the Vitamin shoppe if you've for that store near you! [/quote']

Your right I'm going to just force at least 2 or 3 thanks for the support

My favorite Protein shake so far is Isopure Zero Carb Cookies AND CREAM. It actually does the flavor justice (kinda! lol). I usually add a little NF/SF Greek yogurt and some fruit to it, just for variety. But if you like chocolate, there are several good types available.

The other folks above are right; you HAVE to get used to having Protein shakes for postop. Several brands will let you buy "sample packs" or give you some samples for free to try. And I think GNC lets you return products if you don't like them. :)

My favorite Protein shake so far is Isopure Zero Carb Cookies AND CREAM. It actually does the flavor justice (kinda! lol). I usually add a little NF/SF Greek yogurt and some fruit to it' date=' just for variety. But if you like chocolate, there are several good types available. The other folks above are right; you HAVE to get used to having Protein shakes for postop. Several brands will let you buy "sample packs" or give you some samples for free to try. And I think GNC lets you return products if you don't like them. :)[/quote']

I'm just going to have to get them down I just don't know I have the non flavored bariatruc advantage I have chocolate and stray berry Syrup it's still gross it's the smell I take it like its medicine I down it quick

I mix my protien shakes with Almond Milk and ice in the blender. The shakes are creamier and taste better!

Honestly, I never had them. They made me sick every time I tried and I tried every different brand and flavor. I'm not dead and I'm 3 weeks post op. My CRNP knew this also.