Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Loving life !

I was banded in 07 and unlike many others on here I didn't hate my band, it changed my life and I will always credit it for that and never regret it. I lost 90 lbs and kept it off for 6 years with the exception of about 20 lbs that i fluctuated up and down. I decided to revise to sleeve for more consistency and I really just wanted a change and honestly I hated that feeling of being stuck !!! I was sleeved on 9/20 and I have to say I am loving life !!! I'm doing it right this time as far as Vitamins and Protein first and even though the 4 weeks of liquids post op was the hardest thing Iv ever had to do now that I'm on softer foods I couldn't be happier with my decision!!! I feel full !!! I haven't felt stuck, I haven't thrown up... Nothing !! Recovery was a breeze and I went back to work after 3 days off, I do get very sick from eating sweets which is a big change for me having had a huge sweet tooth prior to all this but I'm okay with that. I'm 10 lbs from my goal and I feel better than I have in years as far as health goes ... Anyway I just wanted to share for anyone who may be struggling with the decision to revise. I may have liked my band, but I LOVE my sleeve !!!!

Agreed. I loved my band while it was working. helped me take off 104 lbs. Till it slipped. Not only did I suffer with constant nightime reflux and pain eating, I gained 30 lbs over a years time. Vomiting was so normal to me that I actually miss it now (I know, weird, huh?). I think I can credit about 75% of the loss to vomiting. I became a bulimic.

Had my revision in July of 2013 and I'm 22 lbs from goal. Have only vomited twice in 4 mths (ate too much too quickly). I'm losing very slowly and I've heard the last 20 are the hardest so I'm giving myself a year to lose it. I don;t min losing slower if I get to eat whatever I want (it's about the same quantity of food as my lapband at its best). I don't count calories but I know I rarely get over 1000 (calories counting in the back of my mind, coming from years of proficient dieting).

Congrats to u and good luck with the last 10 lbs. How much have u lost total, since 2007?

wow, thats great to hear. im srtuggling trying to decide if i should get the sleeve I was banded and it slipped, then my dr did a revision but warned that the chances of another slip are common and sure enough about a year later it slipped as wll. I did lose around 70 lbs with my band and although i had such bad reflux and was sos ick with it, there was a part of me who mourned the loss of my band. i remember crying on the wy to the hospital having it removed because I felt it was my only chance to have a normal weight. well, its been about 4 years and i regained all the weight and im so unhappy. im trying all sort of attempts to lose the weight, carb counting, now weight watchers but i cant make any real progress and i feel its a losing battle and so damn hard. my problem is that I was told that i have a few staples left in my stomach from my band removal and that could be a problem when they try to sleeve me and they wont know until they go in to see where the stape will actualy fall in relation to the sleeve. im so afraid of leaks. in the meantime, I'm living my life wishing and dreaming of being thinner and happier.

It seems like having gone through the band makes the sleeve a whole lot easier. Mine never really worked and I had it removed during another surgery I needed. Excited about the sleeve!

wow, thats great to hear. im srtuggling trying to decide if i should get the sleeve I was banded and it slipped, then my dr did a revision but warned that the chances of another slip are common and sure enough about a year later it slipped as wll. I did lose around 70 lbs with my band and although i had such bad reflux and was sos ick with it, there was a part of me who mourned the loss of my band. i remember crying on the wy to the hospital having it removed because I felt it was my only chance to have a normal weight. well, its been about 4 years and i regained all the weight and im so unhappy. im trying all sort of attempts to lose the weight, carb counting, now weight watchers but i cant make any real progress and i feel its a losing battle and so damn hard. my problem is that I was told that i have a few staples left in my stomach from my band removal and that could be a problem when they try to sleeve me and they wont know until they go in to see where the stape will actualy fall in relation to the sleeve. im so afraid of leaks. in the meantime, I'm living my life wishing and dreaming of being thinner and happier.

I feel the same way as you. I had a band for a year, it slipped, I was super sick with reflux and vomiting. When the surgeon went in to reposition the band my stomach was compromised by lack of blood flow so he removed the band. With in 1 year I regained all that I had lost despite continuing to diet and exercising. I am seriously considering the sleeve. I wish you well in your pursuit!!!