Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 week diet starts today.....

Man oh man i just started the Unjury diet which my surgeon uses. Its been a rough day so far everything reminds me of food. My mind and heart is in it though. I have to do this for myself.

I am on day 5 of my 10 day liquid diet. Day 1 wasn't too bad. Day 2 was HARD because I was around a buffet of food at a funeral. Day 3 I had a small slip and ate two sugar Cookies. ( Boxed kind,for Halloween. Pretty small) Day 4 I thought I would die in the A.M. I had my EDG test and could not eat or drink anything prior. ( test was at 1:30pm!) I survived, and fed on my liquids after. Today has been the easiest I have to say. Seems like I am "over the hump". I have fairly little appetite today. What I have consumed has more than filled me up. Now granted it is not an Unjury diet, every doctor does something different. But I hope my story gives you a little hope that it will be ok for you....Good luck!!!

Thank you for that. ... there is a light to the end of my dark tunnel. My food intake is pretty limited its either light fit yogurt,raw veggies, v8 juice, Protein Shakes and or sugar free Jello. I can do this.

My diet has a lot more selection. Cream Soups, broths, yogurt, sf Jello, sf pudding, sf ice cream, smooth cooked oatmeal or cream of wheat, cottage cheese, fruit juice, v8 and Protein Shakes. The day before surgery, in the early afternoon, I switch to clear liquid diet until midnight. I have had to go "#1" a LOT more while "#2" has become a lot less frequent. No need for bowl prep pre op due to this diet. So far it's not been too bad. All worth what waits at the finish line!

Oh you do.... well first day is complete. I know what you mean about going number 1 i went a lot day. I am scared of dehydration.

Today was day 10 of my pre op diet, surgery is the 22nd. I've had ups and downs. I have been making my first two shakes of the day with soy milk, otherwise I feel starved. (Lactose allergy, hence the soy) I initially felt over the hump around day 5. Then hit another wall on day 9. The body is doing things in stages. I've had several uhh...bouts of random diarrhea at different points, when nothing has changed. Have had random bouts of just feeling kinda flu like, only to discover a drop in pounds the next morning.

I also am not able to keep up at work, I'm a one person cleaning crew at an apartment complex. Take it easy and really listen to your body. Slipping up is super dangerous during pre op..set yourself up for success by deciding that your long term health means more than any food right now. After all, why do this if your going to not follow the rules? I've been cooking meals for my family still, and have 2 small kids. I get the temptation...but get your heads in the game now ladies! You'll thank yourself down the road!

Listen to your body, follow your guidelines given to you, and just breathe. You'll be fine.

:-)

Edited by gomekast

That's good. It would have been nice if that's how many days i got. I am on day 2 and i have a headache