Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why aren't I happy with the weight loss?

Today, I have officially lost 25lbs since starting my one week pre-op.

When I told my mom, she was so excited and expressed so much joy.

However, I don't feel that way at all... I just don't know where those 25lbs went, because, as crazy as this may sound, I don't feel it. I feel like I've lost 5lbs. Nothing seems different to me. I think it's because I'm still wearing the same clothes, and they aren't baggy on me yet, and u still look the same. I noticed my face went down a tiny bit, but I don't feel the 25lbs, which seems a lot to other people... :-/

I felt the exact same way! I told everybody I was having surgery, so when folks would say, OMG, you look great, I would think they were just being nice because they knew about the surgery. Of course, in my head I I knew I had lost weight...20, 25, 30, then 40, but I couldn't see it. Eventually, I got to where I could see the difference in pictures, but I still couldn't see it in the mirror. I knew my clothes sizes had gone down & I knew I felt great, but I just couldn't look at my stomach or my face & think, Oh yeah, now I can tell! Last week I crossed the 70 lb mark & I'm finally starting to see it in the mirror just a little. I guess it's just something weird about how we see what we've always seen. Good luck to you & I hope you start seeing it really soon!

I think we have all been in similar situations. I've been taking photos every 2/4 weeks. And only now do I notice a difference between my first photo and ones I took yesterday. I've just lost over 40lbs.

Also I found that all of a sudden I needed new clothes because everything was so big on me that they were not flattering at all. So when I tried on a new pair of jeans j nearly cried because then I really knew that I had lost weight because they were so much smaller (ice gone from a size 20/22 in jeans from a plus side store to a size 16 skinny leg Levi jean)

It's those little things that "show" me that my body is changing. 25lbs is a huge loss. Take a few photos and check it out (do it in your undies so you really see the difference)

still wearing the same clothes

EarthyGoalie

I also wore the same jeans et al for a long time post WLS

i couldn't tell the weight loss either

if you have a pair of pants that were too tight on you before - try them on now

you might be surprised!!!

the weight is coming off!!!!

pre-op, 2 weeks post surgery???

25 lbs down is great :)

you should be happy :)

embrace each lb you lose

all your successes

good luck

kathy

congrats

Thank you all!

As for the clothes, one of the reasons I think I can't see much difference is because I've been wearing stretchy pants for years! I always avoided to see what my real size was, so I settled for the stretchiest I could find...

Yup, stretchy pants will do it!! I can have a 20 pound difference and still wear the same stretchy pants. Go to goodwill and pick up some regular pants you will then for sure notice the clothes getting looser on you. It will also be nice to see that you are obviously in a much smaller size!

I fully understand, I'm 7 weeks post op and feel that only 40lbs isn't enough...my sister told me to go and try to pick up 40lbs and see how I feel about the weight. i think that because we have lost and gained so much weight over the years, we have a problem believing that this is for real...

Embrace every pound and know that we have done the very best thing for our health and

this isn't the same as before.

Go to your local butcher and ask him to give you a ONE POUND bag of chicken or beef fat. Keep that in your freezer, for motivation and inspiration. Every single pound that we lose is a victory! It seems slow... But it takes the body some time to lose weight safely. Apreciate every pound! You're doing GREAT !!!

Today' date=' I have officially lost 25lbs since starting my one week pre-op. When I told my mom, she was so excited and expressed so much joy. However, I don't feel that way at all... I just don't know where those 25lbs went, because, as crazy as this may sound, I don't feel it. I feel like I've lost 5lbs. Nothing seems different to me. I think it's because I'm still wearing the same clothes, and they aren't baggy on me yet, and u still look the same. I noticed my face went down a tiny bit, but I don't feel the 25lbs, which seems a lot to other people... :-/[/quote']

I understand. I've lost approximately 33 lbs, but everything still fits me. It's as though I'm still the same size:(

i think that because we have lost and gained so much weight over the years' date=' we have a problem believing that this is for real...[/quote']

I think you are absolutely right. Maybe that's why we only see the change when we get to a weight we haven't gotten to already time and time again.

I wish all of us in this situation good luck! It really isn't a great feeling not being able to rejoice each pound lost in the beginning, but I guess it does beat gaining weight!!

I understand. I've lost approximately 33 lbs' date=' but everything still fits me. It's as though I'm still the same size:([/quote']

I feel your pain :-(

*sigh*

I feel your pain.

I lost 48lbs pre-op and did not see a difference. I had to loose close to 80lbs before it was noticeable to me. Just last month (7 months out from surgery) I ditched my size 24 pants. Much to my surprise my new jeans were a size 18. You just never really know where the inches are coming off. And I agree with everyone else, your brain plays tricks on you.

I feel your pain.

I lost 48lbs pre-op and did not see a difference. I had to loose close to 80lbs before it was noticeable to me. Just last month (7 months out from surgery) I ditched my size 24 pants. Much to my surprise my new jeans were a size 18. You just never really know where the inches are coming off. And I agree with everyone else, your brain plays tricks on you.

URGH...80?? I'm not even close!! That is so disheartening:(

URGH...80?? I'm not even close!! That is so disheartening:(

Please don't be disheartened. :( Like everyone says here, it is a journey, it wont happen overnight.

I know that everyday I follow the rules and do what I am supposed to do is a day closer to goal. Some people get there faster some people get there slower, but I am determined to get there (eventually).

I've lost 44lbs in 7 months (since surgery). I know people on this board with my same stats who are 20-40lbs ahead of me. Why? I don't know. I exercise. I eat what I am supposed to do. It is just my body. As long as I know that I am doing the right things I know I will get there eventually. Besides, loosing at a slower pace gives your brain a chance to keep up with the weight loss.

I follow this blog: http://www.300poundsdown.com/

This lady is a true inspiration. She is taking a break right now but her past posts are really inspiring.

Take care.