Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

post op foods, need help!

*jo*
Sign in to follow this  

Hi i am 1 wk post op and am sick of drinking Water and fruit juices.

I was given a very basic diet sheet and would just like some suggestions as to what i can and cant eat at this stage. I tried a slim fast shake today but it didnt agree with me and i ended up with diarrhea :0( .

Are you able to get all your liquid down? I had my surgery on Monday. .and having a horrible time..I am able to get maybe 24oz of Water ..a couple sugar free popsicles. .

What else are you drinking? I did have a slim fast today it took me about 2 hours to get it down. How about your cuts.. I have one that is so much pain..I cant even stand up strait...I am miserable with the pain.. my mother have to take me a shower. . Dam..

i am able to keep them down yes but it hurts in my chest which i think is still the gases.

i only managed not even half the slim fast before i thought i was going to throw up.

i had some bovril and some waterey Soup but thats it,

my cuts are fine i get my stitches out tomoro. i think maybe you need to go see a doctor if you cant stand up straight and your in so much pain that doesnt sound good to me. i hope you feel better soon

I have to take another week off of work.. I go to the doctor on Tuesday.. I have pretty much cried everysingle day..I have not been able to even get dressed..I am so week..no energy..today.. I tried to drink the slim fast and I felt it was lodged in my chest. I can't sleep at all because my chest is on fire. I take the pepcid and my pain killers...that don't help. I am just a hot mess. Oh yeah I am chewing on tums nonstop.

I have to take another week off of work.. I go to the doctor on Tuesday.. I have pretty much cried everysingle day..I have not been able to even get dressed..I am so week..no energy..today.. I tried to drink the slim fast and I felt it was lodged in my chest. I can't sleep at all because my chest is on fire. I take the pepcid and my pain killers...that don't help. I am just a hot mess. Oh yeah I am chewing on tums nonstop.

Tc44055, hang in there, it will be better. I cried almost everyday too, but it got better with time. I'm sorry to hear about your pain. I've been praying for you and hope this all ends soon.

One of my cuts gave me pain too. They healed pretty good but there was one that was very sore and it hurt and at the same time had like this needle pinching pain at the same time. And I'm almost 5 weeks and it just stopped feeling that way.

The first days are the hardest, but it will get better. Sending prayers and hugs your way.

Thank You so much ....for your kind words and prayers. ..because I so need them..I never thought in a million years I would be this miserable. .I just want to sleep more than 3 hours. ..pick my dog up...get dressed...take my own shower. ..and drink more than 20/25 liquids. . (Water ..anything).. I need to go to work but can't because I can't barely move without pain...let alone pull a pair of pants on. I am sorry for venting. ...I have to think positive but it is really hard for me to even think straight with all pain meds. H e l p....

I have to see a light at the end of this dark tunnel. .a spark..anything. ..oh the ironic thing is I have not even thought of weight loss one time since the surgery. ..

Thank You so much ....for your kind words and prayers. ..because I so need them..I never thought in a million years I would be this miserable. .I just want to sleep more than 3 hours. ..pick my dog up...get dressed...take my own shower. ..and drink more than 20/25 liquids. . (Water ..anything).. I need to go to work but can't because I can't barely move without pain...let alone pull a pair of pants on. I am sorry for venting. ...I have to think positive but it is really hard for me to even think straight with all pain meds. H e l p....

I have to see a light at the end of this dark tunnel. .a spark..anything. ..oh the ironic thing is I have not even thought of weight loss one time since the surgery. ..

I think you should go to the dr. This doesn't sound right at all. Most experience uncomfortableness to mild pain. It sounds

Like something else is wrong. How are you feeling today?

Hi 123

I went yesterday. .. he told me his bypass patients don't experience this much pain. They "think" the one stitch is on a nerve and that is what is causing the extreme pain..

However I will say everyday is getting better ...but dam I just want to be able to lift my purse or my 3 pound dog. This has been so hard. It is just the one cut..if wasn't for that I would be smooth sailing. I THINK..

Hi 123

I went yesterday. .. he told me his bypass patients don't experience this much pain. They "think" the one stitch is on a nerve and that is what is causing the extreme pain..

However I will say everyday is getting better ...but dam I just want to be able to lift my purse or my 3 pound dog. This has been so hard. It is just the one cut..if wasn't for that I would be smooth sailing. I THINK..

That's unreal hey! So it's just a stitch on your external wound that is bothering you? Are they gonna fix it? Do you have bypass or plication?

Plication...he was just saying that his bypass patients dont even have this much pain....HELL TO THE NO...they are not touching me again...

Plication...he was just saying that his bypass patients dont even have this much pain....HELL TO THE NO...they are not touching me again...

Well if the stitch is on the nerve wouldn't that be dangerous? Or cause more complications?

You should look into it and get it fixed, wouldnt want it to complicate more. Are they going to do further test to make sure what it is?

He said it will heal...day by day. They did a bunch of test yesterday. ..made sure no blood clots in my lungs. .that test came out negative. ..thank God. I do feel better today..I just cant do much.. which is hard cuz I am normally a very active person. I have been in so much pain ...I have not even thought of weight loss at all..yesterday at the doctor I had a 8/9 pound weight loss.. I am sure because I have only drank some Water and ate popsicles.the pain was too much for me to even think about food. Today I actually had 1soft boiled egg..and I feel like I ate 2 steaks and 5 beers.lol...I am stuffed... I must start working on diet and Protein. .and getting more than 25 oz of water down. It is just to hard for me...

hi Tc44055 im glad your feeling a bit better id look into getting that cut fixed too if i were you incase it causes more problems in the future.

you say you had a soft boiled egg today? i was told to stay o a liquid diet for 2 wks then go on to pureed food, did you keep it down ok? and were you not told to do the liquid diet for the 2 wks?

Hi Jo... I asked him if I could try and he said go head, try a little applesauce but I mentioned an soft boiled egg and he said ok.. if was fine I feel full..but no heart burn or chest pain YET.. I am really trying to get my Water down.. so are you able to get your Protein in ? Whar does your typical day look like? Diet wise?

im afraid of trying anything like that yet incase i burst my stitches or stretch my stomach.

at the min im having a glass of milk for my Breakfast, bovril or juice for lunch and a clear watery Soup for dinner and trying to drink more Water.< /p>

i tried a yogurt yesterday went down fine but ened up in the toilet this morning not sure wether it was that or not so im gona try again, i also bought sachets of Vitamins yesterday to take to try and build up some energy. what about you whats your typical diet?