Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is Anyone Here Lol?

I'm so happy to get a response! Well I am booked to get the plication dec3 and am excited, but anxious tht it's such a new procedure. I am self pay and am going to Mexico. I feel confident about it after all my research and talking with the surgeon and his team. Were you scared of getting this procedure? What was our recovery time like when you got home? Physical limitations? Are you happy you got this instead of other wls procedures? I made the

Mistake of looking at the sleeve forum last night ( never again) and such anxiety of at that something would go wrong. Could you tell me of your experience? Thank you:)

I got my plication done on March 3 my starting weight was 341lbs my current weight is 250lbs so I have lost 91lbs in 7 months, I was also a self pay and went to Mexico, it was a little scary but I had my husband with me so that helped allot, the overall experiences was great. I ended up catching my husbands cold so that put me down for a bit longer then expected, I am sure if it was not for the coughing I would gage been great by day three. Their are times I feel like I have stretched out my stomach but when I think about it that is not passable thus early. I still make bad did choices but I work on that everyday of my life, this is nit a get skinny and stay skinny quick tool, it is just an aid and if you don't put in the work you will not rep the rewards. I know that I have been wanting to go to the gym but I let life get in the way :-/ my weights has slowed down allot but the good thing is it has not stopped, and I am sure it will pick back up a soon as I hit the gym. Now the million dollar question is would I do it again, well I think I would, I think I would do things a bit different in the beginning like no cheating at all, and never over eating, but besides that I would nit change it for anything. I wish you the best of luck and look forward to heating about your journey.

Thank you so much for your story! It's is inspiring ad nice to hear from someone that had the same surgery I am going to have. Hat were some of your biggest es "issues" post op? Any problem healing etc?

Not over eating once I was able to eat normal foods again' date=' it was very hard to get used to the small portions[/quote']

What happens if you over eat? Like do you feel full after a certain amount of food?

It's like when you over eat now but 10 times worse. I get very bad stomach cramps and feel like I want to throw up. Also I would get some gas-x strips and take those with you the are a life savor, you will feel very full of gas for atleast the first well if not longer

It's like when you over eat now but 10 times worse. I get very bad stomach cramps and feel like I want to throw up. Also I would get some gas-x strips and take those with you the are a life savor' date=' you will feel very full of gas for atleast the first well if not longer[/quote']

Thanks! So to avoid overheating do you (typically ) measure out your food? How much do you eat for a meal? What is your average day diet like? Is the same fullness for you with liquids? Sorry for all the questions, just not many people around with plications lol! It's completely new to most where I'm from. I don't think it's even done here in Canada yet so I try to gather all the info I can. Also do you take Multivitamins? liquid or can you handle pills? I see with lb people are not supposed to drink while eating... Is this the case with plication? Thanks again:)

I did measurer at first and about a half a cup is good I can get down a cup + now, so I am going back on my pre-OP diet just to kick my butt back in gear, I like to stay away from Pasta it is a big filler that does not last, also I have noticed if I have to many sugars I will not loss, I do not drink and eat at the same time, you need to make sure you are getting you nutrients in so filling up on Water while eating is a no no, at first I did a chewable multi vit but more I just take a pill. I don't mind the questions at all, I know it helps to have some info. Who is your Dr?

I did measurer at first and about a half a cup is good I can get down a cup + now' date=' so I am going back on my pre-OP diet just to kick my butt back in gear, I like to stay away from Pasta it is a big filler that does not last, also I have noticed if I have to many sugars I will not loss, I do not drink and eat at the same time, you need to make sure you are getting you nutrients in so filling up on Water while eating is a no no, at first I did a chewable multi vit but more I just take a pill. I don't mind the questions at all, I know it helps to have some info. Who is your Dr?[/quote']

My dr is dr ortiz. I've spoken with him and his staff and they've been excellent at answering my questions. But it's still nice to hear things from someone who's actually had it done lol!

Hi tobethin30

I just want to say thanks for all your info on here it has really helped me!! I have a question where should my calories fat protine carbs and sugar be after week three it's hard to get in touch with the nutritionist in Mexico sent her s couple emails but no answer :( any info is great full thank you!!!!

As of right now your Protein should be your first priority, with everything else you are going to have to play with the numbers to see what your body does best on, I just now for me, when my sugars and carbs are up my weight either stays the same or goes up :o( also you need to watch your sodium intake cause you will not be getting in enough Water to flush it all out, I work everyday on getting in at least 64Oz and that is super hard most days, so I tend to retain lots of water