Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys

how's everyone doing who had surgery in August?? Where's all our August buds :). Well my wife and I as most know had our surgery on the Same day! I have been doing great, my wife however was In the hospital for a week, due to a GI bleed n needing plasma transfusions. She is doing great now! we're actually in the process of moving yikes!! lol. Our first post op appointment is Tuesday! I'm down 41 pounds and she is down 30. we're doing fantastic with our fluids 60-80 oz a day n here is how our foods are going eggs- can't do. (either of us) tuna - neither if us can do Mac n cheese. nope neither of us Pasta salad the wife can not do we tried pretzel sticks n saltines (wonderful) did very well yogurt- fantastic pickles- fantastic laughing cow cheese amazing!! our new favorite pita chips N salsa yummy!! Mac salad yummy broccoli gives us too much gas. painful gas soft fruits are doing well my wife dumped on cream of broccoli Soup grilled cheese we did great fish doing very well cottage cheese. very well speggetios did very well I have only been drinking Water since I came home. crystal light is too sweet!! Any Other suggestions please?? Water is getting very boring!! Also anyone have any new suggestions on food. that too is boring. We are starting week 6.. thanks to any advice!

Also was wondering is anyone drinking milk? Has anyone tried sugar free Oreos or sugar free chocolate/candy??

I'm surprised you are eating even half of that stuff---especially at 6 weeks out. My program says no Pasta or salads or bread for 6 months. No fiberous veggies like broccoli for quite some time. Carbs (sugar free or not) like bread, Cookies, chips, candies are all high calorie and are to be minimized for as long as I want to keep my weight down. I have 1% milk in my sugar free Carnation Instant Breakfast without problems.

It seems like you might be setting yourself up for future failure. Perhaps you should review your eating plan with your nutritionist to be sure you're on the right track. Best wishes....

I'm surprised you are eating even half of that stuff---especially at 6 weeks out. My program says no Pasta or salads or bread for 6 months. No fiberous veggies like broccoli for quite some time. Carbs (sugar free or not) like bread' date=' Cookies, chips, candies are all high calorie and are to be minimized for as long as I want to keep my weight down. I have 1% milk in my sugar free Carnation Instant Breakfast without problems.

It seems like you might be setting yourself up for future failure. Perhaps you should review your eating plan with your nutritionist to be sure you're on the right track. Best wishes....[/quote']

Yea I can't have past bread none of that I'm scared to anyway I'm hardly eating anything

Mz Shay

I was just thinking I hadn't seen a post from either of you in some time. Here's what I have tried and did well with:

Chili. Chili is awesome and you can put whatever you want in it. Turkey would be the best.

Hot and sour Soup (add some white flakey fish for protein).

Hummus.

Indian style lentils.

Not sure what to tell you for drinks if you don't like sweet. I've been living on sugar free Hawaiian punch drops or packets mixed with my Water, and milk.

I don't know about you, but ever since I have been able to eat food I have wanted as much flavor and spices as I can get.

I'm surprised you are eating even half of that stuff---especially at 6 weeks out. My program says no Pasta or salads or bread for 6 months. No fiberous veggies like broccoli for quite some time. Carbs (sugar free or not) like bread' date=' Cookies, chips, candies are all high calorie and are to be minimized for as long as I want to keep my weight down. I have 1% milk in my sugar free Carnation Instant Breakfast without problems. It seems like you might be setting yourself up for future failure. Perhaps you should review your eating plan with your nutritionist to be sure you're on the right track. Best wishes....[/quote']

well Idk about your dr, but we are definitely not setting ourself up for failure! this is what our diet sheet says, and our dr is one of the BEST! 1 month and I'm down 41 pounds! I think that's damn good! Look at this diet sheet!

post-35425-13813813184413_thumb.png

Aside from the pretzels N saltines! And when I had them I had like 2!!!

My diet sounds more like TurnThePage's diet. I've heard that not all Drs have the same diet.

My diet sounds more like TurnThePage's diet. I've heard that not all Drs have the same diet.

That's true! But I don't think it was fair nor very nice from "Turn the page" with her comment "it sounds like your setting yourself up for failure" I'm down 41 pounds in just 4 weeks!!! I posted our diet sheet and I know I'm doing exactly what I'm supposed to do! Isn't this about supporting one another not shouting out negative remarks? I think I'm doing damn good and that comment hurt!!

I wish I could eat some past as ling as you are losing and have your doctor approval I'm happy for you

Mz Shay

Congrats..great loss! As long as your hitting your Protein goals and following you diet sheet good for you. Remember if something doesn't sit well now try again later on.

have you tried Vitamin Water or skinny water? Im still pre op but I find crystal light to sweet I end up doubling the water..but skinny water and vitamin water zero is not to sweet adds a little change to my day.

good luck on your journey :)

You are doing pretty damn good! Keep up the good work!

thank you very much! Thank You everyone!

I don't even know what the "norm" is for weight loss in the first month but I'm very happy! Our dr doesn't require Protein until week 7! They say it's nice if you can get it in before hand, but to just focus on fluids the most because most people end up in the er for dehydration! I know, I was one of them lol! I passed out at the gym after swimming, it was horrible!!

You are doing great! Just to answer your question about what to drink, I've been making Luzianne Decaf iced tea and adding a little Splenda to it. It's not a sweet as the crystal light or poweraids but it hits the spot

I was hardly shouting out negative remarks, just making an observation and trying to offer helpful suggestions. That you chose to take it negatively is a reflection of your interpretation, not of my writing.

Different doctors have different food protocols, but yours seemed very different from virtually all those that I have read on several bariatric center websites and forums. Most of the food plans seem to emphasize Protein from the beginning (protein is what helps your body rebuild tissue and strength, especially after surgery) and shun carbs like bread, Pasta, Cookies, pretzels--foods that helped many of us put on the pounds in the first place. That's why I suggested you check your food plan--it seemed unusual and I thought that perhaps like some people you weren't following a plan.

In any case, congratulations on your success to date and best wishes for the future.

I think turn the page was just stating to heed some caution. Which is actually a quite nice thing to do. It can only just help you.

Doctors' plans differ indeed, but some of the stuff you mentioned makes red lights go off in my head, after a year of intense research about what we should and shouldnt be eating and doing.

Best to be cautious, and i think you should thank her for taking the time to just give you a heads up - seeing that she might have some more experience you know?

She was trying to help you. And to be truthful, it does seem - on paper - that it does not fit into the tried and trusted path op post op menu paths - and seeing at it is "unknown territory" this way of eating the chance for failure is bigger - cause it is not following the proven track of success.

Maybe you should do some reading on tried and tested progression menus - just to widen your perspective of what is happening in the world of bariatric surgery's proven best diets straight out of surgery.