Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just wondering if there's any canadians here still in pre-op stages. I know the process for qualifying for GB is abit different than the US. Curious to find out how long some have been on the "list" and such. Thanks :)

I'm from Alberta, well my process is and was verty quick. I started this process more than two years ago. But, the last part was only two months. The place i'm getting done, has two doctors in place. One has god complex and my surgeon, is newer but, he was the only one to help.

Hi Paul :) I'm on Ontario just outside of Toronto. My journey started in july 2012 when I went for my Orientation and then thru Aug-Dec I had about 7-8 appts and met the surgeon March 1st. There's a team of 5 surgeons in this program in Toronto at Toronto Western Hospital. My surgery is scheduled for April 5th. Have you had ur surgery yet or have a date yet?

Yes my date is for April 18 Early morning. Now I'm going to see and sit throught the surgery classes and advice. I just started the baratic clinic in oct 2012, but, got approved on march 1.

Are you on a pre-op diet, Is so how is it going.

Wow that was super fast! Here in Ontario its a minimum 2 year waiting list lol so I thought I did good at almost a year.

Yea I'm currently doing the Optifast liquid diet...been on it for 5 days now and have to be on it for 3 weeks (eek!) Surprisingly its a lot easier than I expected. I wish I could eat tho, I won't lie lol I miss food.

I start mt pre-op on the 27 of this month. My nut gave me some good advice, open fridge and use a LARGE sweeping motion. keep no food in house that is not on the diet. I just got my oder in for mine, But, got lucky on cost 290 for the ensure high Protein.< /p>

Lol I wish I could open my fridge and one sweep empty it. I have kids so I cant do that lol but I'm doing well on making tjeir meals and sticking to my shakes and broth and Jello lol

Is ur ensure liquid form or powder? Mine is powder form, vanilla...its gross lol but I'm allowed to add pure cocoa powder to it and its soooo much better. 3 weeks worth ran me about $240.00

Ensure I got is a liquid. I'm allowed six 250ml bottles a day and as much Water as I can drink. Some broths and no suger added no salt added you know.

Yea the broth I'm allowed to have has to be 10cal/serving. I have maybe two a day. And every morning I make sugar free carb free Jello just as a filler and something when I feel I'm bored with having the same thing all the time lol but it will all be worth it in the end..thats what keeps me going :)

I'm in Toronto as well and on the three week Optifast (Last Week! Yay). Gotta say I'm enjoying the Optifast. Once you get use to it, it's pretty easy.

My RNY is on Monday March 25th. Process started with my referral in Dec 2011. All in all just over a year from Orientation date.

HW 341 GW 150 CW 290.4 RNY 03/25/13

I'm in Toronto as well and on the three week Optifast (Last Week! Yay). Gotta say I'm enjoying the Optifast. Once you get use to it' date=' it's pretty easy.

My RNY is on Monday March 25th. Process started with my referral in Dec 2011. All in all just over a year from Orientation date.

HW 341 GW 150 CW 290.4 RNY 03/25/13[/quote']

Yay that's great! I'm not too far after u for surgery. Which hospital will u be at if u don't mind me asking?

As for the optifast, I'm only 6 days in and I too am starting to enjoy them.

Yay that's great! I'm not too far after u for surgery. Which hospital will u be at if u don't mind me asking?

As for the optifast' date=' I'm only 6 days in and I too am starting to enjoy them.[/quote']

I'm having mine at Toronto Western. So excited!! Where are you having yours done??

As for the optifast' date=' I'm only 6 days in and I too am starting to enjoy them.[/quote']

LoL ok I see you are having it at TWH too!!! Great!!

Ensure I got is a liquid. I'm allowed six 250ml bottles a day and as much Water as I can drink. Some broths and no suger added no salt added you know.

6 a day.. How's that going?? Does it fill you for the most part??

Tiff, you said you have all vanilla??!?? Ohh I feel bad for you know. I can't stand the vanilla Optifast. The chocolate is great. Really enjoy those. I even called Medical Mary to ask if I could Exchange a box of vanilla for chocolate !! :-D

They said no :-(