Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chronic nausea and other issues

Hi Everyone ,

I had gastric bypass about 3 months ago as a revision to the gastric sleeve due to horrible GERD, and before that I had the lap band in and had to have it removed due to some of the same symptoms that I am having now and since I left the hospital I have had nothing be chronic nausea and some vomiting, I do get dry heeves almost very day and these " episodes" can last for about 10 minutes at a time, I also have left side abdominal pain that sometimes feels like gallbladder attacks, my surgeon has been trying every thing to figure out what this could be, my EGD came back normal, no structure or leak, currently taking zofran raglan acephex Zantac and care fate, I have tried to stop these and I end up feeling worse and sicker I also had an upper gi done that just showed reflux, he is sending me for a ct scan because of the pain, he does think that there may be a super small hernia, and he wants another pH study to see if the acids are really bad again. He said that he has a whole bunch of docs looking into this but I have stumped them all. He gave several options such has having a j tube or tpn so that I am getting some nutrition, he did ask if I feel better if I don't eat, and I said yes the nausea is not as bad as if I eat. He also said he is going to see if mayo clinic will look into my case due to the complex nature of it all. I just want to know has anyone else had anything like this, or any other suggestions. I a just at my wits end with all of this I am not even 25 and having all these problems, and I just feel that all of this was done in vein, and I don't know what to think or do please help

Erica

My daughter had the same type of nausea symptoms after her lapband and it ended up being gall bladder. They have checked your gall bladder?

I am so sorry you are going through all of this pain. I am still pre-op so i can't offer any suggestions or understand how you feel, but i do know how it feels to be sick and in pain all of the time. It is so hard when they can't find out what is going on. it took 9 years for them to figure out i had lupus. I Just wanted to say that I hope you find some answers soon and that the docs can figure it out soon. I am here to listen if you need an ear. Message me if you want to chat.

Kat

Yes, my gallbladder was taken out 6 years ago, so that was ruled out already. And thank you for the responses, it is appreciated

Erica

Erica, I am so sorry to hear about your struggles. it must be so frustrating for you. I've got my fingers crossed that one of those brilliant docs out there will know how to help you. please keep us updated! Take care :)

Erica I too am almost 3 months post op and live daily with nausea and pain. I had my gallbladder out December 28 so 20 days ago and I am still having pain from that. I take zofran but it doesn't help much and I have loratabs but they make me sick as well. I have had 2 stricture procedures in the past couple of months and yesterday had a CT scan that only showed some Fluid in my stomach in the gallbladder area I figured if the doc in ER was worried they would have kept me or transported me to my surgeons hospital an hour away.

I too am experiencing nausea two weeks out.

I had to stay in the hospital for three days after my surgery because of extreme nausea and nearly constant retching. I was in a drip the whole time because I kept throwing up the little drops of liquid they tried to get me to drink.

Unfortunately, nausea and I are old friends. With both of my pregnancies, I had Hyperemisis Gravidarium which was 7 months of vomiting. I had home nursing service, a pole, three bags of Fluid a day and my zofran for 6-7 months in each pregnancy. Doctors think I just have a hypersensitivity to nausea. Haven't been taking my zofran but I think I'd better start again and hopefully I can break the cycle.