Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How will I do it????? :(

Please tell me how to find the strength to get through another week of clear liquids!! I was banded Jan 30th and I've been on a clear diet for a week now. I was on Optifast 2 weeks prior to surgery. I'm having ups and downs with hunger, but I'm just so weak and so tired. I have no energy to do anything. I'm probably getting at the most 200 cals a day and virtually no Protein. I'm losing a pound a day which is great. But I've got 3 kids to run after and all I want to do is sit. I just can't imagine another week of broth. I know I have to do it, but it's making me "not very nice" LOL!! How did you do it..for those who had to do 2 weeks of clears??

Sorry for the whine:faint:

Strain out the floaties if you like. Great source of protein; beats chicken broth by a long shot. Consider trying full liquids, e.g. Campbell's Select Soups. I'm not suggesting you violate dr's orders, just offering a few possibilities to get you through the rough patch. No two bandsters have the same reaction.

ask the dr. if you can have Optifast. i had it during my 2 wks post-op liquid diet--and it was fine. a good source of Protein. you will feel much better. also, you're still recovering from surgery--you are going to feel kind of like sitting (or lying) down---can anyone help you with the kids??

you're going to feel better soon! don't worry!

best of luck during your recovery,

girlin

nyc

I was banded jan. 29th so i'm still on my 2 week liquids also but my dr. said i could have creamy Soups and Protein Shakes along with Clear Liquids ? I have a Protein Shake every morning for Breakfast which helps and gives me some energy and then i have one around 3pm to help get through the evening, along with soups it's not too bad ... I hope it works out for you, i have 2 kids, including a 16 month old that i'm chasing around so i understand where you're coming from !! Good luck !! :clap2:

They make some clear liquid Protein drinks, too. Protein would certainly help the situation.

If you can find it at your local Vitamin shop - IDS makes something called "New Whey" that comes in a little test-tube looking thing. They come in 25 gram and 42 gram sizes.

They aren't fabulous to drink straight - but if you pour them into a liter bottle and add Water and Equal - they are palatable and they help keep you from being tired. I strongly recommend the Orange flavor (only).

(Don't use splenda in this - the protein bonds with it and creates these weird floaty threads...)

If you are really weak and tired, grab an Atkins shake or something like that - they have Vitamins, low carbs and protein. I used the Atkins shakes when I couldn't stand the broth for another minute.

Good Luck!