Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for Dr. Spiegel patients

Hey y'all

I'm looking for any one else out there whose been banded by Dr. Spiegel of Houston Texas. Or any one who's had to deal w/ his staff. I have some questions and would like to see if other people had the same experiance w/ him and his staff that I have. Look forward to hearing back from y'all soon

Ryanband,

You might also do a search under doctors and hospitals...there is very long comparison between Spiegel and Spivak from their respective patients.

Was banded by Spiegel on Jan 19. Surprised with lack of personal followup by him. Anyone else

YES I WAS. I was band by him las June 19 06. I agree with you he is not very friendly. He did do a good job withthe surgery but he is nota very nice man. AND I am not very happy about all the changes he is making. I am a selfpay. biker grammy.

Howdy,

Went for my 1st fill today. It was a mad house at Dr. Speigel's office my apt was at 2 and I didn't get in for my fill untill 3:20. What new changes has he made? I'm a fairly new patient I was banded on 1-24-07. All I know is his staff is NOT very helpful at ALL.

I had my surgery by Dr. Spiegel (3/1/07), He was ok during my consultation. He came in before my surgery and talked to me. I have a follow-up tomorrow @ 1:30. I received a courtesy call today to remind me of appointment. They also advised no co-pay needed.

I haven't had any major questions - most are answered on this website.

I had a fill on the 2oth of Feb - one month after surgery. Called, as recommended, because after a week, I could eat every and drink while eating. My weight loss has been slow. At the seminar, 217+, at surgery 208, after surgery 207, fill 202.5, now 197-198. Fill was on Feb 20 and I couldn't get into see the doctor for an adjustment until March 15....I have been trying to be food. I am almost 5'9". He wants me to be 170 - but I know 160 is perfect. I am tall, but not big boned. I guess I'll be loosing slower than some....that's ok as long as it is steady.

:confused: I was able to attend a seminar at Dr.Spivak's office, and was impressed. He was informative and straight forward. He was very proactive in answering the "unasked" questions and risks. He did mention that the first year's follow-up visits are included in his initail fee. Is that the same or different from Dr.Speigel? I also wanted to attend a seminar at Dr.Speigel's office, but his website doesn't show any being offered at this time. I'm reading A LOT of negative comments on the internet about how busy he is, and the lack of customer service in his office has me concerned...

Does anyone have a resource, or can you direct me to a site that gives some sort of comparision of these and other doctors?

p.s. anyone have an experience using "JourneyLite"? I've signed up to attend one of their seminars as well.

I'm very excited about beginning this journey, and I want to tell you all how helpful it is to be able to get your feedback. It makes a daunting, and often times scary experience much easier to begin... Thank you.:typing:

Spiegel did my surgery a little more than a year ago. I was self pay. His office was a madhouse. Too many people, not professional at all. My first fill was at his office. I had to wait for hours. It was a cattle call. My second fill was at the surgicenter. I did not have to wait long and was filled by a PA, not Dr. Spiegel (my request). The people at the surgicenter said the fills are free at their center for a year following surgery for Spiegel's patients.

I am hearing bad experiences about Dr. Spiegel also, however; I went to Dr. Spiegel's seminar and was informed, had my consultation and had no questions, he did my surgery, and I went back today for a follow up - He advised those that could stay, to stay a little and he would answer any questions. I had to leave to beat traffic to be here when kids came home from school. I haven't had any bad experiences with Dr. Spiegel or his staff. Good luck with your search.

:girl_hug: I was able to attend a seminar at Dr.Spivak's office, and was impressed. He was informative and straight forward. He was very proactive in answering the "unasked" questions and risks. He did mention that the first year's follow-up visits are included in his initail fee. Is that the same or different from Dr.Speigel? I also wanted to attend a seminar at Dr.Speigel's office, but his website doesn't show any being offered at this time. I'm reading A LOT of negative comments on the internet about how busy he is, and the lack of customer service in his office has me concerned...

Does anyone have a resource, or can you direct me to a site that gives some sort of comparision of these and other doctors?

p.s. anyone have an experience using "JourneyLite"? I've signed up to attend one of their seminars as well.

I'm very excited about beginning this journey, and I want to tell you all how helpful it is to be able to get your feedback. It makes a daunting, and often times scary experience much easier to begin... Thank you.:typing:

A co-worker was at Dr. Spiegels office also today - she was getting a fill - There is some type of a new policy about the fills - but I didn't get to read it - I know she said something about with a unfill - you have to let them know within the first 3 days. If it is after 3 days then they do a complete unfill - I don't know why -again didn't read the paper - I don't know if it a new strategy or what - I will know on the 29th when I go for my first fill. I will read the paper and post info - If someone goes in before then please post us on what it says.

Cindy, you sound just like me, I was band by him last June. He gave me one fill. Never again will I let him touch me. The PA I think her name is Joy, is great. She talks to you, and takes her time the Doc. when I tryed to ask him a question he said "The girls out front will help you" And they do. This is at the surgery center. I love going there. I am selfpay and can only go to the center until my year is up. Which I do not pay. I am not sure what I will do after that time. But one thing for sure is he will never give me another fill. At any price.

I was at the first seminar and yes, he was nice and answer every question that we could think of and after I went into his office for a 3 minute exam. And said to go talk to THE GIRLS. And other than him coming in to see me just befor surgery that was the only time I saw him. Until my first fill at the surgery center. He ran in The girl had the needle ready and he stuck me and said I could ask my question to thegirls out front and than he was off to the next room. He jump from room to room just like a rabbit. As you can tell I wish that I had went with another Doctor. But I have to say thathe did a great job with the band I have not had any trouble.