Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Severe abdominal pain 10 months post sleeve

Is it normal to all of the sudden have severe pain like this at 10 months out? I am definitely constipated and have not had a movement since last Friday others than a little diarrhea. Did and enema Sunday and it didn't help too much. Lots of pain all day Sunday, Monday and today. Went to general practitioner yesterday who order sonograms. Ruled out gallstones but showed I have 1.8 cm. cyst on ovary. Doesn't seem like that would be causing all this gasto discomfort and pain. Just did another enema and have decided to take some magnesium citrate to help with what I feel is Constipation. Has anyone experienced anything like this at almost a year out? I'm hurting so bad and starting to worry that there is an infection in my sleeve related to the staples or something. I was sleeved by Dr. Ponce in Mexico so I can't just go to my sleeve doctor. Thanks for any and all responses.

Hello There:

Sorry you are in so much pain. I recommend googling ovarian cyst and reading the symptoms and when to go seek medical attention.

Just glancing through the mayo Clinic:

The symptoms of ovarian cysts, if present, may include:

• Menstrual irregularities
  • Pelvic pain — a constant or intermittent dull ache that may radiate to your lower back and thighs
  • Pelvic pain shortly before your period begins or just before it ends
  • Pelvic pain during intercourse (dyspareunia)
  • Pain during bowel movements or pressure on your bowels
  • Nausea, vomiting or breast tenderness similar to that experienced during pregnancy
  • Fullness or heaviness in your abdomen
  • Pressure on your rectum or bladder that causes a need to urinate more frequently or difficulty emptying your bladder completely

When to see a doctor

Seek immediate medical attention if you have:

• Sudden, severe abdominal or pelvic pain
  • Pain accompanied by fever or vomiting

These signs and symptoms — or those of shock, such as cold, clammy skin, rapid breathing, and lightheadedness or weakness — indicate an emergency and mean that you need to see a doctor right away.

I hope this helps.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches