Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Leanshake from GNC

Does anyone use lean shake (RTD) from GNC? I was in gnc yesterday and the sales woman gave me a sample of the strawberries and cream flavor and it was delicious! !

Stats-

Calories-170

Total fat-6 gr

Sugar-2 gr

Protein-25 gr

Carbs-6

Its in a 14 oz ready to drink bottle.

Can anyone give me their opinion on this Protein supplement? Good/bad?? Thanks for any replys. :-)

It looks like a decent shake based upon the nutritional information here:

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4179707

The macronutrients look balanced, and if you love the flavor, that is even better. My only concerns are the cost per unit and the quality of their proprietary Protein blends. The cost is going to add up fast, so please take that into consideration. Can someone else look closely at the components of each proprietary Protein blend listed in the ingredients and see if these are suitable for absorption as a sleeve post op? The whey isolate is good, but I am not sure about the others in the blend. They look like filler Proteins which would make the drink less effective. Again, need confirmation on this observation.

With those stats, it's something I would incorporate into my diet! I choose to use powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury powders versus "ready to go" options because of the price difference. Most days, I throw some powder (and PB2!) into my Blender Bottle and take it to work...about 2 hours before I leave, I fill it up with Water, shake it up and put it in my office's freezer - it's a yummy treat for the drive home!

I'm just cheap :)

I've used them and think they're good. When comparing the cost though, the Premier Protein RTD shakes at costco just seemed like more Protein for the $. Go with what you like and will enjoy :-)

I purchased some of them yesterday to have as shakes quick and easy at work rather than the powders which I will use at home. The vanilla bean was good..my wife liked the strawberry and crème but I didn't care for it. Our Dr. really pushes the Bariatric Advantage brand, (sure he gets a kick back) but I haven't decided which one yet.

I have spoken with several physicians surgeons nutritionists dieticians and post op patients. I have found the overall agreement is to stay away from the "concentrates", especially when it is one of the first few ingredients. For me it is what is best absorbed by my body and hey I didn't like coffee when I first had it but I acquired the taste to many things, so taste for me is second to value of what I am putting in my stomach. I am staying away from the ready to drink items now, but this may work good for you, I think it is preference.

I enjoyed the vanilla bean flavor but was only trying them out to get the taste.I'm not sleeved yet but was advised to start drinking Protein shakes.G.N.C Ready made are high.

Yes, I tend to agree with the comment on whey concentrates. However, that being said, this is still a decent choice if you can afford it and it allows you to get your Protein counts up! Good luck! I am happy you have found some protein supplement that will work for you. :) as an aside, strawberry and creme sounds yummy. I used to like that flavor as a pre op.

Thanks everyone! ! I plan on taking the rtd cartons to work, and the powder with my blender at home.

As Fiddleman stated, he's concerned about the quality of Protein. ( so am I)

I'm being sleeved in a week, so I'll show my surgeon and see if he's Ok with me using it.

I also got some chocolate premiere from costco, And some Unjury chicken Soup.

THANKS AGAIN! :-)

Sounds like a plan!

I've used them. Loved strawberry and vanilla rtd. However lately I've been using there orange cream powder. Its so good!

I tried the lean shake from GNC when I ran out and it was really good. My problem with GNC is that they don't have a Protein Drink with more than 25grams of Protein and my nutritionist recommends one with the most protein and the least fat content.

Yes they are! Do they have them in a powered form?

Yes they are! Do they have them in a powered form?

They do have them in powdered form. :)