Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong. My last app. with my surgeon, I weighed 301. Then my clearance interview at the hospital, I weighed 296. On my surgery day, I weighed 287. 1wk after surgery, 281. 2wks after, 271. Today the 3rd wk 276. How is this possible? Let me tell you what I eat: every morning, Protein Shake and Water which I sip all day cos my stomach can't handle much. Noon: I mix Greek and light & fit yogurt and it takes me about 1hr to finish but this is after about 15-20mins walk cos I want to make time to eat and my lunch time is only 1hr. After work, I walk about 20mins to the train station instead of taking the bus. At home, I eat 2-3 spoons of retried Beans or fruits or tuna and then more water. I get bad cramps when I eat more than so I try to avoid eating more than what I listed honestly. So, what am I doing wrong? Why is everybody dropping pounds like water and I can't? Is there something wrong with me? I'm really pushing myself cos I know I will get results but it seems like nothing is within reach.

I'm 13-days post op. I lost 19-pounds during the 2-week prep liquid diet. In the first 10-days I dropped 16-pounds putting me below 300 for the first time in a year. Then, after I shared my news, I was back up to 301. I weighed today and I'm at 300.

I don't eat the fruit or the shake, but I do drink Isopure No Carb 40 every day.

I'm a little bummed to, but I keep hearing about the 3-week stall.

All I know for sure is that everyone on the sleeve loses weight if they stay away from the junk that got us here in the first place. We can't fail. It's physically impossible.

Our bodies do have to get used to the "new normal," so try to hang in there and trust the doctor and all those who have successfully gone before us.

Sounds like you've lost and kept off over 30-pounds! Congratulations!

Let's support each other in what we have lost and how great that feels!

Are you accurately tracking all that you eat in a calorie counting program like My Fitness Pal to make sure you are in the calorie range, Protein and carb range your doc/nutritionist told you to shoot for?

Also, it's perfectly normal to have a stall or up a few pounds week, here and there. The next week, you may see a huge loss.

I don't think you are doing anything wrong other than not being patient...ha! You are doing just fine ;)

First, your weight is going to fluctuate. I have had to get used to that idea, too. Second, my guess is that the fruit and other carbs/sugars are sabotaging your diet. My nutritionist explained that the first phases of the diet put you in ketosis. That causes the fat to burn off quickly. If you want to be in ketosis, you must severely limit sugars and carbs. Fruit is full of sugar. I don't know about your Greek and light and fit yogurt. They may be carb heavy. Does the yogurt have fruit or added sugar? Is it 0% fat? Just a thought.

There is no way that immediately post sleeve you are gaining due to your intake.

Sorry, but even if you're scarfing bowls of ice cream (and you're clearly not!) you're not scarfing enough to pack on six pounds. And I promise you, you do not need to eat sugar free and fat free everything or else you won't lose - in fact, I'd strongly argue that eating REAL food will not only be more beneficial to your body, it's going to give you an edge in the mental game by staving off cravings later. Right now when you're hardly able to eat is a great time to learn moderation and how to eat those "normal" foods without losing your cool and eating too much.

If you're female, TOM or hormonal changes can pack on pounds. I gained every single month around my cycle. It fell off quickly.

Here's the deal: it's hard to remember but you can't compare how you lose to everyone else. Know what? The other folks that are in a pattern like you might not be posting. It's the folks that are dropping a ton of weight that come here to cheer about it and how happy they are. That doesn't mean that everyone but you is losing.

I didn't lose anything my first month until about twenty days in. No joke. In fact, I think I gained eleven pounds in the hospital and from my flights.

So, breathe. Relax. Focus on getting your fluids in. Try to work on upping your Protein intake because Protein, protein, protein is going to help you out.

And put that scale away if it makes you mad or depressed. In loss, weighing every few days or once a week is better, in my experience. It's in maintenance that you want/need that daily accountability. That expectation to see a drop every single time is going to get you down, because unfortunately, that's not how the process usually works.

Best of luck and congrats on that new sleeve!

~Cheri

Am I not doing the math correctly--you've lost 25 lbs since pre-op and you've lost 11 lbs in the 3 weeks since surgery? That's awesome! What were your expectations?