Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

High protein soups

Im going on day 3 after surgery snd can have high Protein chicken, Tomato or beef broth, anybody got some suggestions on good types they have tried??

Sent from my iPhone using VST

powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury makes a great chicken Soup, good amount of Protein and very good flavor.

Tomato might be more acidic than the others, but as long as you are aware of it, you should be fine. I also drank my shake mix with warm milk, like hot chocolate the first week, it went down easier for me.

Congratulations on your surgery!!

I'm 3 days out from surgery as well. I bought some Pacific brand Tomato Soup and I add dry milk to increase the Protein. I also have Unjury chicken Soup protein.

Spllit pea Soup is another option. Not low carb, but naturally high in Protein. I just put Water or chicken stock in the crockpot, add peas, chopped celery, shredded carrots, salt, pepper and garlic. cook for 8-12 hours, you can use an emersion blender to blend up the veggies if any chunks remain. My nut said it was ok for liquid as long as I thinned it way down. It was the thing that saved me with my lapband, I think I was on liquids for 4-6 weeks, including before and after and I was soooo sick of sweet.

Laurie

A couple things from my Nutritionist....

Add 2 TBSP of Non Fat DRY Milk to any Soup and it adds 6g of Protein right off the bat. It won't effect the taste that much, it will just make it appear creamier.

Here are a couple recipes she gives us....

Serving Size is 1/2C: Everything strained the first two weeks

I Can of low fat or fat free cream of chicken soup

1 C skim-1% Milk

A dash of Chipotle sauce from a can of chipotle peppers

1 TBSP Protein powder

Makes 4 servings that have 9g/Fat, 8g/Protein, 19g/ Carbs, 140/Calories

Cream of chicken Soup: Same as above minus the Chipotle and she makes note that with the Protein Powder it will increase the Protein content

Italian broth

4ounces chicken broth (or veggie or beef)

1/2 tsp grated Romano cheese

Dash of Black pepper

1 TBSP protein powder

1g/fat, 9g/protein, 1g/Carb, 25/Cal

High Protein Soup

1/3 C non fat dry milk powder

1 tsp Chicken or beef bouillon

2 TBSP protein powder

1 C hot Water

Just some ideas....

Thanks for the ideas!! Can you only get unjury products online?

Thanks for the ideas!! Can you only get unjury products online?

I can only find Unjury products online.

where do you find dry milk? is it in the grocery store? by the condensed milk or what?

Syntrax Nectar has an unflavored powder also. Amazon offers it for a low price that you can also set up to auto deliver.

Syntrax nectar has an unflavored powder also. Amazon offers it for a low price that you can also set up to auto deliver.

Is that really sweet??

What's cheaper unjury or Syntrax

Syntrax is about 16$ for 1 lb.

Unjury is about 21$ for unflavored, flavors are slightly more.

Is that really sweet??

Haven't tried the unflavored Syntrax yet but all reviews say it's undetectable in most things. And it's also medical grade Protein. I assume unflavored means no sweetener... I can update once I get it in the mail. :)

Syntrax is about 16 for 1 lb.

unjury is about 21 for unflavored' date=' flavors are slightly more.[/quote']

Flavors are about 32-33 on Amazon, but it's a 2lb container, so by volume is about the same.

As for the question about syntrax's medical unflavored taste, no it is not sweet at all. It is the most undetectable unflavored whey Protein I've tried.

Flavors are about 32-33 on amazon' date=' but it's a 2lb container, so by volume is about the same.

As for the question about syntrax's medical unflavored taste, no it is not sweet at all. It is the most undetectable unflavored whey Protein I've tried.[/quote']

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping to get my shipment today or tomorrow... I started my preop diet early and I'm already sick of these shakes!! Its gonna be a longgg 2 wks. Well, longer than that, considering post op diets .. I hope the unflavored powder works out. I tried the chocolate/pb from body fortress and its starting to make me gag! :(