Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dehydration and Knee Pain

I went to Las Vegas this weekend to see the Eagles concert. We arrived on friday night and then on Saturday we did a large amount of walking. By the time I got to my destination, my right knee starting hurting really really bad and I had to take a taxi back to our hotel. I rested and drank my usual amoung to Water and started walking to the MGM and my knee started killing me. I was in so much pain that I was going to cry. It was worst than the pain after the surgery and I'm about 18 months post op. After concert went back to the hotel and took some pain meds..... Then my torso started hurting so bad..... :( The next day I was so nauseous. The only thing I can think of is that it was dehydration at it's worst...... But I struggle with believing my knee pain was from the dehydration......I have really slacked on my exercise and do know that I over did it.......After drinking a lot of water on the way home, I started feeling better... So I'm still having difficulties with getting in my water...... :( need to work on this... Please share with me your ideals..... Thanks...

I have a Water bottle with me ALL the time and I just make myself drink. My water bottle is 32 ounces. Normally I drink 4 of those a day but in the past couple weeks I have increased my Water intake to 6 of the bottles each day. I also drink tea in the mornings and add some water to my morning Protein drink. I drink when I am in the car picking or dropping off the kids, I drink when I am sitting on the computer, I just keep at it. Now it's a habit and if I don't have my water bottle with me something doesn't feel right.

I am sure the knee pain was unrelated and was just from using it more than you are used to.

It is crazy though to have pain in my knee.....I do carry around my Water bottle with me everywhere and I too feel loss without it....LOL I can barely get in my 64 ozs......This I have to work on..... ;)

I don't think the knee pain is related to not getting enough Water. Probably just overuse. It takes more than a day to recover from wearing out a body part. I sometimes walk too much and it affects my foot. Takes about a week or more for my foot to recuperate. Of course, I'm 56, so things heal slower than they used to.

The nausea is a classic dehydration signal for me.

lynda

Thank u Lynda. I have never experienced this before and will start walking on a daily basis in a couple of days when my knee has recouped I am so tired of my struggle with Water intake. But am determined to over come it. :)

BTW I just turned 57 years old and feel great.

BTW I just turned 57 years old and feel great.

Happy belated!!! Celebrating in Vegas, huh? I hope the knee is feeling better. I agree with other posters, it's probably an overuse injury. Keep drinking that Water. I really have be diligent about this too! Keep working at it.

I have found that if I wear a shoe with a different height heel, even just a little different, than what I typically wear, it will force my body into a different posture and strain my knees. I have also found that my body is constantly realigning stuff from the drastic weight loss.