Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 9 days out of surgery. I have lost 16 lbs. Go me!! I go Thursday for my 2 wk check up. Although, tonight I did eat solid. I am not hungry, but hungry for food, NOT broth. Lol. I had some lasagna and corn. About 6 VERY SMALL bites, I WAS DONE!! Didn't get sick. Just wanted to see how I would do.

Not to scare you, but one food that my surgeon really warns you against eating early on is corn. You should def stick to the food plan that your surgeon gives you--it's not just about keeping it down, it's making sure that certain types of foods don't get caught in your staple line, etc. For example, my surgeon won't let you eat nuts or seeds until 120 days. He may be more conservative than some, but his complication rate is really low. I know once I got out of the hospital I definitely didn't want to go back unless it's unavoidable.

I so understand. I'd be careful with solids. As they can cause problems.

i made my own Soups. I was scared to chew anything and it was better than canned Soup or broth. I did blend it. My worst craving in the first months was veggies. I am 4 months out and can eat anything. I still prefer veggies over meats but I try to eat them too and have a Protein drink for a snack. The Protein Bars don't stir well in my sleeve.

Good luck and be careful with what you eat. My doc told horror stories about obstructions. I was scared to stray.

I so understand. I'd be careful with solids. As they can cause problems.

i made my own Soups. I was scared to chew anything and it was better than canned Soup or broth. I did blend it. My worst craving in the first months was veggies. I am 4 months out and can eat anything. I still prefer veggies over meats but I try to eat them too and have a Protein drink for a snack. The Protein Bars don't stir well in my sleeve.

Good luck and be careful with what you eat. My doc told horror stories about obstructions. I was scared to stray.

Would u be able to share some of those stories please? Just curious. I'm 3 weeks out and eating solids so far so good, but sometimes I think I'm moving too fast.

Would u be able to share some of those stories please? Just curious. I'm 3 weeks out and eating solids so far so good' date=' but sometimes I think I'm moving too fast.[/quote']

My doctor told us of a man who ate a subway sand which before solids and his esophagus exploded. He was in intensive care for 6 months. The man wasn't his patient. This was an extreme story.

He told us of a woman that got sausage skin caught on more than one occasion and he had to go in both times to remove the skin. Another was a woman who got a pea stuck and he had to go in to remove it.

The diets are for a reason. Corn was a nono for me too. I'm 4 months out and have eaten it in a salad but not by itself. I fear having them go in.

Just be careful of what solids they are. I was told I had to mash the soft foods with my tongue on the roof of my mouth. It can be hard when you crave crunching on a carrot, but it's worth the wait. Just get creative.

My doctor told us of a man who ate a subway sand which before solids and his esophagus exploded. He was in intensive care for 6 months. The man wasn't his patient. This was an extreme story.

He told us of a woman that got sausage skin caught on more than one occasion and he had to go in both times to remove the skin. Another was a woman who got a pea stuck and he had to go in to remove it.

The diets are for a reason. Corn was a nono for me too. I'm 4 months out and have eaten it in a salad but not by itself. I fear having them go in.

Just be careful of what solids they are. I was told I had to mash the soft foods with my tongue on the roof of my mouth. It can be hard when you crave crunching on a carrot' date=' but it's worth the wait. Just get creative.[/quote']

Omg!!! That was horrible I'm definitely gonna be careful with what I eat. Thanks for sharing with us!!:)

OH NO!!! Now I'm freaked out!! When I did eat corn, I made sure I chewed very well. I did second guess myself after the fact of course. Good points on getting things stuck. I had never thought of that. That is why I love this Sleeve Talk. You learn so much from others. I'm not eating anymore solids until I go to my 2 week post op appointment. Time for me to start praying everything is fine in my tummy and nothing is stuck :/