Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm just gonna throw this out there. HCG... Injections or pills... What did people think of them? I did the pills for 21 days and felt great... Preop... Just wondering if anyone would or has tried these post op? Say if you were in a funk or long stall? After all we are eating about the same menu and portions anyway. Would a horomone that helps use fat for energy as opposed to muscle etc be so bad?? Any input appreciated as I ponder throwing it in after a long stall lol... After all people get pregnant after vsg and they turn out just fine? Thanks

I would never do hcg again. I did it a year ago. Drops. Ended up in hospital with a lung inflammation. Went off hcg. Tried it again a month later. And ended up in hospital again

I would never do hcg again. I did it a year ago. Drops. Ended up in hospital with a lung inflammation. Went off hcg. Tried it again a month later. And ended up in hospital again

Wht what did they say caused it?

HCG IS NOT GOOD. I TRIED IT AND IT DID NOT WORK FOR ME. 500 CALORIES A DAY! IT DROVE

ME CRAZY.

HCG IS NOT GOOD. I TRIED IT AND IT DID NOT WORK FOR ME. 500 CALORIES A DAY! IT DROVE

ME CRAZY.

But 500 cald a day is pretty close to where we are at in the beginning.... So wouldn't it act like more of a helper lol... A tool? Or no?

So I'm just gonna throw this out there. HCG... Injections or pills... What did people think of them? I did the pills for 21 days and felt great... Preop... Just wondering if anyone would or has tried these post op? Say if you were in a funk or long stall? After all we are eating about the same menu and portions anyway. Would a horomone that helps use fat for energy as opposed to muscle etc be so bad?? Any input appreciated as I ponder throwing it in after a long stall lol... After all people get pregnant after vsg and they turn out just fine? Thanks

I would say if it helped you before and made you feel better before, it wouldn't hurt to try (especially if you are having a funk!).

ASk your surgeon because you will be injecting yourself with medication before an operation

and the surgeon may not want that.

ME CRAZY.

Ditto

ASk your surgeon because you will be injecting yourself with medication before an operation

and the surgeon may not want that.

I am 3 mos post op

I was wondering the same thing since i had temporary success on hcg in the past. I pretty much have concluded that there is no science to fall back on that it would be good or bad. My main reason for leaning towards NOT is that it wont help me learn good habits from the beginning and i need to use those early months as a way to relearn eating and learn about what it feels like to work my new sleeve so I dont ever regain the weight like I have so many times in the past.

I suppose I should be more patient. I was a low bmi and have worked very hard eating healthy and excersizing. I have lost 30 pounds in the last three months...25 more to goal. But here's the thing... Only 3 of those pounds were lost in the last 4 wks. Seeings I eat healthy anyway I thought... Why not take hgc. I'm just nervous that 30 is all I'm gonna loose ....

I was wondering the same thing. Not really for more loss, but for better fat distribution, as it helps with that too. I used it before an lost 65 lbs. it is not harder then the first few months of post op eating. I have all the stuff fr 2 rounds of injections, but I don't know I it would help or mess up things. I know some of the people that fail at the HCG diet have lasting bad effect on their metabolism.

I had short term success on it years ago. I started it again more recently, within a year, and it really, really jacked up my hormones and blood levels.

I had short term success on it years ago. I started it again more recently' date=' within a year, and it really, really jacked up my hormones and blood levels.[/quote']

Like post op?

I would say if you did it before, liked it, and it helped.. Why not? I did HCG injections for 36 days and lost 46 lbs.. Once I got my dose correct I was not hungry at night.. I had to eat on a schedule because I was never hungry! I felt good being detoxed off carbs and sugar .. Of course when I stopped it all came back on because I didn't learn any new habits.. It may be a good pair with WLS if your doctor is okay with it.