Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

To food funeral or not?

I start my 1 week pre op diet on Friday. I've been eating low carb for about a week now (with the exception of the 2 small brownies I had last night), and soda and caffeine. I've been considering going to a Chinese buffet before Friday, one last time before surgery. I never have eaten out a lot (no money for that) so it's a special treat for me.

I dunno though, I'm torn. On one hand, I feel that I've done good and it's time to wear big girl panties and be done with that junk. On the other hand I'm wondering if I'll regret it if I don't.

I realize I will be able to eat out again once in a while, just less than I do now. I'm not thinking ill never have good food again or anything.

Wwyd?

You know what I'm going to say Amy! Don't do it.. Your going to eat the food and then it will be gone. And afterwards? Nothing, nada, just you feeling shitty cause you are a ton of food..

You know what I'm going to say Amy! Don't do it.. Your going to eat the food and then it will be gone. And afterwards? Nothing' date=' nada, just you feeling shitty cause you are a ton of food..[/quote']

Also, the grease and carbs will make me feel sluggish and sigar makes me feel depressed. I have lost weight already and I think if I want this bad enough, prove it!

It honestly didnt cross my mind gain until today when my mom said we should go out and eat Chinese before I leave.

You're right and this might be the shortest thread ever started. Lol

I agree!!!! Not worth it!

It's funny though - my friends are the one doing the food funeral, not really me! They are acting like we will never eat together again! I keep explaining I don't want a last meal, I'd be happy just spending time together before the surgery - go shopping, go to a movie, go for a walk, whatever! But everyone keeps saying "We gotta take you out for a last meal!" Maybe they think I'm dying?!?!?! Ha!

Not! Put the money away you would have splurged with and save it to buy new "little" girl pretty panties later...believe me you'll need'em in a smaller size soon!

Our whole lives up until surgery have been one food funeral after another.

Enjoy your new beginning :)

Girl! We have watched you go through hellmand back the past few months with this surgery! ..and by the way... We have agonized and supported you through all those times as well! What the heck are you thinking? You battled your way here so why in the world would you go all weak on us now?!?! Embrace your new life and give thanks that you are finaly at this point. We have all grown to love you and want the best for you so go clean a closet or something and forget about a thousand calories of crappy gunk. Let that sweet liver of yours stay nice and pliable.

food funerals are a high anxiety/fear reaction and very typical. I did it to, but with moderation and actually lost weight the weeks that I had many food funerals.

It really isn't necessary, though. The reality is that you will probably be able to eat almost all of the things you enjoy now. The aspect that is shocking is that you won't even want a lot of those things anymore. I was a sugar addict before and would prefer anything sweet over anything else. Now I don't care if I eat it or not. I don't even want it most of the time and if I eat too much I get sick. Now I would rather have cheese.

I eat out a lot because of work travel, and I don't even want things that have a lot of fat. I no longer want anything fried...actually can't stand it. I don't want any things with heavy sauces. They are gross now. The only thing that I miss just a little bit is beer.

I too start my liquid diet this coming week. I can't say there's anything I'm dying to have one last plate of. I have plenty of friends who went out the nights before and had whatever they wanted. To me this is a mental game. I think to myself I don't need it. I want to succeed and then I picture myself skinny and walk away. Try it it works!!

Thank you all for the support. I love y'all!

Yeah, I'm glad I posted. A ff would only make me feel weak and angry at myself. Thanks for holding me up girls, I'm sure it won't be the last time!

And yes, my whole life has been consecutive food funerals. Good way of putting it.

(((Group hug))). Lets do this thing!! I'm so thankful I my friend for telling me about this board!!

Tomorrow is my last "normal" day before my strict pre-op diet starts and I think I'm going crazy. I wanted to have a few of my favorite foods before I said farewell forever. I know there are some foods that I'll be able to eat later, but I want to have a final goodbye and NEVER allow myself to have certain things ever again. But they don't sound good and I literally cried last night because I thought I wanted Mexican food but it didn't sound good. Wtf? I'm not going to feel guilty about having a "food funeral" -- I just wanted to have a couple things one last time. Like a costco hotdog (don't judge me! Lol)

Hunny you will be fine. Those foods you are gonna miss will always be there. Later on after the surgery you will be able to eat what ever you like just in smaller portions and in healthier alternatives. Its not good bye forever just for a little while. Good luck we are here when you need us :-)

Hunny you will be fine. Those foods you are gonna miss will always be there. Later on after the surgery you will be able to eat what ever you like just in smaller portions and in healthier alternatives. Its not good bye forever just for a little while. Good luck we are here when you need us :-)

There are certain things that I want to be "goodbye forever" foods --McDonalds, Jack in the Box, Taco Bell... NOBODY should eat that stuff! (I've been watching a lot of documentaries on Netflix related to processed junk and America's obesity epidemic) -- But like... Sushi. It's healthier than a cheeseburger, but I have a friend that cannot tolerate rice even 5 years after her WLS. So, I intentionally want to say goodbye forever to the crap, but then goodbye maybe forever to things like sushi that aren't really that bad, but I might just not be able to tolerate them later.

Idk I'm pretty sure I'm over-analyzing everything as always. I knew the mental aspect of this whole process would be more of a challenge than anything else for me. However, I felt pretty good on Saturday at work. My lunch break rolled around and I was like "Hm. Not really hungry. Could totally just have a Protein Shake if I had to!" -- that made me feel a little less emotional about the nagging voice in my head that's telling me I'm going to fail at the preop diet just like every other diet I've ever tried. I can do it, and I know that I can -- I've just never really followed through on anything like this, so succeeding will prove a lot to myself.

I know what you mean about fast food, to me the presevatives inthat food alone is like you are embombing your body when you eat it lol. And yes there will be somethings that your new tummy will not like, but there will also be alternatives to those things. You will do great and from the sound of it you already are. Just stay positive and the outcome will be the greatest reward I promise.