Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not worth it.

I've been here for a year. Watched everyones struggles and victories. Im now on the verge of finally joining you on the losers bench. Other posters have written about the negativity and aggressive posters here and have moved on to other sites. I defended the site. But after reading through many controversial posts today I do see alot alot of inflammatory posts, alot of quick posts fired from the hip. We are all here because we are all in a battle against ourselves. Be it present, past, or future struggles. We are all there or have been. This site can be an awesome support resource, or it can take a concern or question and rip its poster to shreds and even send emotions in turmoil. Alot of power for an internet forum, but we come here to commune with kindred spirits and maybe gain insite and strength from the only group who can understand. Its not a debate of " my surgeon is better" or "eat that cookie and be excommunicated from VST". Yes, we should perhaps give some tough love on occasion..but still make the mistaken feel supported. That's what this site was when I first found it. It has been instrumental in my sleeve education and my confidence that I WILL be successful. I hope everyone takes a step back before typing out a reply. You have more power here than you realize. be kind. You don't know the real struggles beyond your screen. But behind the post is a real person. Luck to all.

I haven't seen any drama in a while. Guess I'm not opening the right posts! Haha.

What thread?! You bully!

The Funny thing about the internet is that anyone can post anything. there are some negative threads and negative people on VST but that is the same with any online community. As an educated adult you have to learn how to sift through the BS and keep moving forward. Dont label this website as being negative because there are many people that have had great experiences on this forum. I have seen some horrible post, that have been demeaning,racist,sexist ect.. but i put those post into context. you cant blame VST for being an open forum. The true blame must got to the ignorant posters.

I read laura-ven's "offensive" posts on the doctor thread. Not. Just referring rdoactive back to Alex, the administrator.

Laura-ven is a great lady. I saw her jump out on the tracks and save a puppy from a train! She broke a nail doing it!

OK, I might have made that up. But outside of making my wife look at shirtless chefs on YouTube she is OK.

I edited my original post...the person apologized, and honestly the podter doesn't bear all of the weight of the original post. This site has changed, and not for the better. I hope maybe my edited post will find reception among VSTers. I know there will always be ruffled feathers when you toss hundreds of ppl together from all walks of life, but we can atleast TRY to turn around the negative changes here. We have lost alot of good members recently. Many veterans. When they do come to post an occassional update, they too cite the negativity as a reason. Best wishes.

ooooh... Lordy!

I read laura-ven's "offensive" posts on the doctor thread. Not. Just referring rdoactive back to Alex' date=' the administrator.

Laura-ven is a great lady. I saw her jump out on the tracks and save a puppy from a train! She broke a nail doing it!

OK, I might have made that up. But outside of making my wife look at shirtless chefs on YouTube she is OK.[/quote']

Actually..Im not that soft....the original post was edited...the harshness removed. But here nor there...the poster and I moving on.

From what I've seen the negativity and biatching as all but disappeared.

It was people like Laura spending a lot of time diverting the in fighting that made a difference.

I agree with JMarshall. You're always going to have neg poeple in any forum. Over time you just find a bunch of like minded people and enjoy their opinions and thoughts.

(Oops.. Sent before done) it must have been me... Hangs head and slithers off

Ok ok ok!! I admit it, I told her "this is the last time I'm going to say it, take it up with Alex"

IM A BULLY!!!!!

And Dean where'd you go?? your invisible....