Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 dYs out and STARVING!

Hi had surgery on 1-23-13 and all I am supposed to eat is sf popsicle,sf Jello ,broth and Protein Shake. I can have a small amount of sf pudding to put my crushed pulls in to take them. Is there anything else? I just feel so weak from having hardly any calories. What was everyone else's first 2 weeks like?

I felt hungry too...it does diminish with time. I think mine was head hunger...craving food even though the biological signals were not there. I did advance myself to a teaspoon of cream of wheat a few days early to get rid of feeling hungry but also apple juice was on my approved list and once I had some watered down, it helped some as well. By the way I do not recommended advancing the diet until you see the doc post op but I am not perfect and I was feeling the same way you were.

Hi had surgery on 1-23-13 and all I am supposed to eat is sf popsicle' date='sf Jello ,broth and Protein shake. I can have a small amount of sf pudding to put my crushed pulls in to take them. Is there anything else? I just feel so weak from having hardly any calories. What was everyone else's first 2 weeks like?[/quote']

I was sleeved on the 21st jan and for the first 2 days I was starving. I still get hungry now but then I have a shake and I feel fine. I'm allowed any liquid I want but no Jello, pudding, Popsicles, nothing but liquid.

I hear that the hunger goes away after about 2 weeks, once the body has adjusted a bit better.

Today's the first day I've felt really weak, probably because I didn't have any liquids besides Water until 2pm. Now I'm having a drink called Protein revival which seems pretty good.

Hope you start felling better

Strained cream of chicken soup!! That is the best part of my day! I had surgery on 1/21

wow cant believe everything you can have already, i had mine 2 months ago and just this week have been able to start eating food. 3 weeks ago i was able to have hot Cereal and strained Soup. But i am down 50 pounds so thats good. your hunger will go away everyone is different. mine took about 2 weeks and then i had to force my self to have the shakes cause i just wasnt hungrey

Have any of you tried the clear Protein Drinks? I had Isopure for the first two weeks. It's a clear Protein Drink, tastes a bit like kool-aide and skim milk. It has 40 grams of Protein per bottle from whey isolate. It was not the most delicious tasting, but it did get me through my first two weeks on Clear Liquids. I also found hot herbal and fruit teas with either splenda or honey and lemon were good. It was easier for me to drink warm liquids during that time than cold ones. Good luck!

Have any of you tried the clear Protein drinks? I had Isopure for the first two weeks. It's a clear protein drink, tastes a bit like kool-aide and skim milk. It has 40 grams of protein per bottle from whey isolate. It was not the most delicious tasting, but it did get me through my first two weeks on clear liquids. I also found hot herbal and fruit teas with either splenda or honey and lemon were good. It was easier for me to drink warm liquids during that time than cold ones. Good luck!

this is what I have been drinking , the isopure ( grape, some blue one and orange-banana-pineapple) along with the GNC chocolate whey protein mixed with skim milk. I went online to luckyvitamins and bought 36 bottles if the isopure and paid under $120 for them to be delivered by ups....considering gnc sells them for $5+ a bottle, this was a bargain!

I was on full liquids my first two weeks which included, yogurt, cottage cheese

, cr Soups, applesause. Mon I will be going to soft or pureed foods

thank god! I to have to force myself to eat. The head hunger is goneir

and I only feel hungry once in awhile. I guess everyone's Dr is different..

Strained cream of chicken soup!! That is the best part of my day! I had surgery on 1/21

Are you just using the canned cream of chicken Soup made with Water? I can have strained cream soup but haven't tried any yet.

I was also hungry - very hungry. It worried me a lot! I was on clears for 2 weeks. The second week was very tough - very weak. Protein supplements in your clear liquids would help a lot (I didn't know about them when I needed them). Gatorade and apple juice will give you calories. I was allowed diluted apple juice and gatorade.

Hang in there - almost 6 weeks out and the hunger has been steadily decreasing as my diet has increased through the phases.

Not starving. Sleeved on 1/22/13.

Yes I am currently using the

New whey liquid Protein (42g) 3.3oz

Flavor: Blue Raspberry. Only flavor avail @

Purchased: GNC.

Sleeved:1/22/13 @210lbs.

(Start wt =225-25) = 200 lbs today @2:00 am.

198 lbs today @9:00 am.

I don't care for the flavor but it will do for now. It makes it easier to get closer to my dr's recommended 60g of Protein a day.

It was the 1 ingredient I forgot to buy for post op items. The day I was released from the hospital I ran to GNC and that was the only flavor they had left. At least it's removed the pressure of trying to squeeze in 60 grams from shakes. I will be on Clear liquids for 1 week...2 more days to go. 1st Post Op appt. 1/28/13. MONDAY HURRY UP!!

I'm not hungry though. 5days post-op.

Reweigh myself when I woke up this morning around 9am and scale says 198lbs. 2 pounds less when I weighed 8 hours ago..probably because I emptied bladder. I think I should report results first thing every morning instead of in the wee hours of the night/morning.

I'm 3 weeks post op and still always starving !!

Not starving. Sleeved on 1/22/13.

Yes I am currently using the

New Whey Liquid Protein (42g) 3.3oz

Flavor: Blue Raspberry. Only flavor avail @

Purchased: GNC.

Sleeved:1/22/13 @210lbs.

(Start wt =225-25) = 200 lbs today @2:00 am.

198 lbs today @9:00 am.

I don't care for the flavor but it will do for now. It makes it easier to get closer to my dr's recommended 60g of Protein a day.

It was the 1 ingredient I forgot to buy for post op items. The day I was released from the hospital I ran to GNC and that was the only flavor they had left. At least it's removed the pressure of trying to squeeze in 60 grams from shakes. I will be on clear liquids for 1 week...2 more days to go. 1st Post Op appt. 1/28/13. MONDAY HURRY UP!!

I'm not hungry though. 5days post-op.

Reweigh myself when I woke up this morning around 9am and scale says 198lbs. 2 pounds less when I weighed 8 hours ago..probably because I emptied bladder. I think I should report results first thing every morning instead of in the wee hours of the night/morning.

I get my new whey Liquid Protein at Walmart. It's like 11-13 dollars for a six pack and they have multiple favors. I really like the fruit punch.

I just had an epiphany.... If we Eat/Drink stuff we don't like, we won't eat/drink so much! Liking food is what got me here!!!! LOL