Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texas Elections Sucked

First of all.. Strayhorn and Freidman should have listened to the pre-vote polls and backed out and supported Bell. IF they had the democrats would have blown Perry out of the Water. I wonder what it feels like to win knowing that less than 50% of the voters in Texas voted for you. Shame on Strayhorn and Friedman for being a distraction and the reason Bell didn't/couldn't win. They both wanted Perry out.. The democratic party didn't nominate Strayhorn.. Just seems logical that they should have bowed out and supported the candidate most likely to defeat Perry.

Secondly, It was very sad to see all the folks on the ballot in Tarrant County running uncontested.. and they were all republican!!! Where was the democratic opposition???? Just struck me as sad that there were SO MANY uncontested people running. In Dallas COunty there were so many people voting "straight party" votes that they had some real upsets!! One incumbent judge was defeated by a virtual unknown just because she was a republican. From what I heard on the news this morning they couldn't even show a clip of the guy who won because he has never been on TV and ran no ads or gave any interviews. But he won because of the straight party voting. So many folks are sick of washington and they want change so they will vote for any and all democrats no matter who they are!!!

Thirdly, I know there is early voting and I should have done it... but while I was standing in line for an hour to vote last night I saw many people give up and leave.. allot of uncast votes due to long lines.. when I got inside they had one electronic ballot machine and 5 paper ballot stands for a precinct with 6000+ registered voters!!!

And my last gripe is that they allow strangers inside schools on election days that would't be allowed in there any other day of the year. I think that schools should be closed on November 7th. Keep the kids safer, decrease traffic, and allow more booths to be set up. Make it easier for everyone involved and more people might vote..

Just my humble opinions, of course

Kathy

Kathy , I totally agree with you . I live in Austin and there was a "rumor" on one of the radio stations that Perry Paid Freidman to stay in the race ! Not sure how true it is but I wouldnt doubt it either.

A friend of mine is a teacher and here in Austin in the past days there have been lots of talk about school safety due to arrests at a high school for an Attack that was "Thwarted" . My teacher friend was saying just what you are. If school safty is so important WHY ON EARTH would you allow ANyone in the world in schools on election day. She said that the voters were being allowed to walk all around the school and they just said ' OH im looking for the voting" FOLLOW THE SIGNS! .

Im disappointed to see Perry back in office. He's nothing more than Bush's YA Boy .

Mindy

And my last gripe is that they allow strangers inside schools on election days that would't be allowed in there any other day of the year. I think that schools should be closed on November 7th. Keep the kids safer, decrease traffic, and allow more booths to be set up. Make it easier for everyone involved and more people might vote..

They have the polls in the SCHOOL??? While the children are there learning, people are voting?? That is odd, there is no where else to hold the elections that they have to do it in a school? I know I wouldn't like that to be done where I live, no way!

It's a shame that the vote got so split up and Perry won. Everyone knew it was happening, but wouldn't back out to help. Remember that Strayhorn was a Democrat turned Republican turned Independent. She wasn't going to back down to let a Democrat win. Kinky was just being Kinky. I don't believe there was any money changing hands to keep him in.

I lived in several states and voting at schools has been commonplace. I agree that there should be a safer way to accomplish that and keep the children safe.

They have the polls in the SCHOOL??? While the children are there learning, people are voting?? That is odd, there is no where else to hold the elections that they have to do it in a school? I know I wouldn't like that to be done where I live, no way!

YEP , they have the polls in the schools DURING SCHOOL HOURS ! They also have them at Churchs, City Halls and Libraries as well as a few other places.

There was an incident here in Austin (outside Austin actually ) where a Republican who ran against this one guy 4 YRS AGO got pissy about something and came to the polls ( a church) and punched the Democrat out. What if that was at a school ? Its so stupid to have the polls at the schools. There are enough churchs around have them there !

Mindy

First of all.. Strayhorn and Freidman should have listened to the pre-vote polls and backed out and supported Bell. IF they had the democrats would have blown Perry out of the Water. I wonder what it feels like to win knowing that less than 50% of the voters in Texas voted for you. Shame on Strayhorn and Friedman for being a distraction and the reason Bell didn't/couldn't win. They both wanted Perry out.. The democratic party didn't nominate Strayhorn.. Just seems logical that they should have bowed out and supported the candidate most likely to defeat Perry.

Secondly, It was very sad to see all the folks on the ballot in Tarrant County running uncontested.. and they were all republican!!! Where was the democratic opposition???? Just struck me as sad that there were SO MANY uncontested people running. In Dallas COunty there were so many people voting "straight party" votes that they had some real upsets!! One incumbent judge was defeated by a virtual unknown just because she was a republican. From what I heard on the news this morning they couldn't even show a clip of the guy who won because he has never been on TV and ran no ads or gave any interviews. But he won because of the straight party voting. So many folks are sick of washington and they want change so they will vote for any and all democrats no matter who they are!!!

Thirdly, I know there is early voting and I should have done it... but while I was standing in line for an hour to vote last night I saw many people give up and leave.. allot of uncast votes due to long lines.. when I got inside they had one electronic ballot machine and 5 paper ballot stands for a precinct with 6000+ registered voters!!!

Just my humble opinions, of course

Kathy

Kathy,

I've got a small gripe too with Kinky and "One tough Grandma" splitting the vote for Bell. It would have only been too delicious to have voted Perry out! :heh: However, as a resident of District 22 -- I can proudly say that a Democrat is going to Washington as our Congressman, although we'll have to put up with a Republican write-in for several weeks. :clap2: :clap2:

We also had a number of unopposed candidates here in Ft. Bend County outside of Houston -- particularly among the judiciary. Not a very comfortable feeling.

I've lived in Texas for the past 17 years and always in a very Republican /conservative area of either Dallas or Houston. What struck me this election were the largest numbers of Democratic lawn signs and newer signs for "vote straight Democratic ticket" that I have ever seen. My guess is the Democrats will be "out of the closet" here in Ft. Bend County!

Jo Ann

They vote in the schools here, too, but at least we have the good sense to give the kids a day off when the schools are open to anyone and everyone off the street. In this day and age with all of the concerns about both the safety of the children in the schools and all of the loose cannons out there, that is crazy!

I'm sorry about Texas, but Oklahoma voted for a Democratic governor and lieutenant governor and whole bunch of othe Democrats. I'm just glad the Democrats got the House in Congress. I was going to have to give up and move to Canada or Chile. Maybe I can stay a little while now. But independents always screw up the vote though they are a lot of fun. For once, maybe Oklahoma is ahead of Texas, at least with regard to brains.

Carol Strayhorn should be Rick Perry's new best friend. She's the one who got him re-elected.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: I totally agree.

Mindy

If anybody was paid to run (not necessarily in dollars) it was Strayhorn. Since we all knew what was up, why else do you think she did it? I say incentives - use your imagination.