Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I dont think i'll eat again

I didn't realize how big of a role food played in my life. Honestly I thought I'd feel better when it came to the puréed stage because I could have my meals that I loved only puréed. Well I was wrong. I've been taking this stage so for granted because here i am not really taking it seriously and it's bitten me in the ass. I feel horrible because I've been feeding myself crap my body isn't ready for and it's definitely telling me I'm not ready. Anybody feel this frustrated with puréed stage???

I admit I have been frustrated as well at this stage. I just can't find anything worth eating. I was so excited to get some food, albeit puréed. But nothing tastes "right" or good. I know the body needs food to burn- but I'm finding its easier to do the Protein drinks/shakes and liquids. However, I just keep trying things and hopefully it will get better.

You could honestly have the exact same reaction and response at every stage of the process if you don't address it now.

It's easy to go into surgery thinking it's all about Portion Control and that's the answer for long term success. I did it, too. Many of us are in complete denial about our food addictions, emotional attachments and rotten coping mechanisms.

If you got the sleeve and want to eat around it, you'll always find a way.

So address this NOW. I can tell you from experience that it will make your journey a thousand times easier and maintenance will be a breeze. Because, really, it does not matter if you swing to goal in nine months if you cannot maintain your weight and be happy there, does it? This is about fixing YOU, not just your body and about making it easy to be that thin person you wanted to be.

It's hard to be on a restricted diet - no matter if that means 1 cup of food or 1 oz. of mushies. It's a mental game and you've got to find a way to win it.

Make those few bites of food count. Make them healthy, and very flavorful and of the best quality ingredients you can get your hands on. It will help with satisfaction. And now is not the time, but in a few months, don't forget to incorporate a healthy mix of food and a moderate diet that includes good carb grain and veggie choices. It will help you feel more satisfied, give you more energy and hopefully, give you the edge you need to stop the bad habits before they hamper your progress.

Food and my relationship with it is totally different now. I do not lust after it or go into eye rolling swoons after a few bites of something in a restaurant. I have had only a handful of meals post op that I've really, truly enjoyed on that kind of level. My standards are higher now. My tastes have changed. Just dumping a thick, rich sauce on a dish does not make it wonderful. Sweets no longer really appeal to me. This is normal.

And while it's frustrating, it is something to be thankful for. It gives you just one more tool to fight the bad habits, the emotional and boredom eating, and the binge and graze behavior. Because if food isn't appealing, why break out of your set nutritional guidelines?

Find better choices. This is entirely up to you. How well you do and how happy you are with this surgery is up to you and how you choose to live from this point out.

Good luck,

~Cheri

You could honestly have the exact same reaction and response at every stage of the process if you don't address it now.

It's easy to go into surgery thinking it's all about Portion Control and that's the answer for long term success. I did it' date=' too. Many of us are in complete denial about our food addictions, emotional attachments and rotten coping mechanisms.

If you got the sleeve and want to eat around it, you'll always find a way.

So address this NOW. I can tell you from experience that it will make your journey a thousand times easier and maintenance will be a breeze. Because, really, it does not matter if you swing to goal in nine months if you cannot maintain your weight and be happy there, does it? This is about fixing YOU, not just your body and about making it easy to be that thin person you wanted to be.

It's hard to be on a restricted diet - no matter if that means 1 cup of food or 1 oz. of mushies. It's a mental game and you've got to find a way to win it.

Make those few bites of food count. Make them healthy, and very flavorful and of the best quality ingredients you can get your hands on. It will help with satisfaction. And now is not the time, but in a few months, don't forget to incorporate a healthy mix of food and a moderate diet that includes good carb grain and veggie choices. It will help you feel more satisfied, give you more energy and hopefully, give you the edge you need to stop the bad habits before they hamper your progress.

Food and my relationship with it is totally different now. I do not lust after it or go into eye rolling swoons after a few bites of something in a restaurant. I have had only a handful of meals post op that I've really, truly enjoyed on that kind of level. My standards are higher now. My tastes have changed. Just dumping a thick, rich sauce on a dish does not make it wonderful. Sweets no longer really appeal to me. This is normal.

And while it's frustrating, it is something to be thankful for. It gives you just one more tool to fight the bad habits, the emotional and boredom eating, and the binge and graze behavior. Because if food isn't appealing, why break out of your set nutritional guidelines?

Find better choices. This is entirely up to you. How well you do and how happy you are with this surgery is up to you and how you choose to live from this point out.

Good luck,

~Cheri[/quote']

Would you tell me more about what you typically eat or what you ate at each stage. I want to do this right. You seem to have your head in the right place and I'd love to hear more suggestions. I've been struggling and could use some insight and inspiration.