Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A valuable lesson

Hi everyone, I just learned a very hard and valuable lesson today. Both newbies and old timers can take with them. I have now been banded for 10 months and down 63lbs.

I met a girlfriend today for lunch. I work in mid town manhatten. The resteraunt we chose just happen to be closed.. so we said oh well ranch one is right here. Well I ordered chicken tenders came with fries.. I don't do fries to often being they do not agree with me. Anyway I had maybe 3 fries and 2 bites of chicken when I felt the pain in my chest.. I put my food down and tried to let it pass.. It was getting worse.. I got up to use the restroom(I was in so much pain) PB was the only alternitive. WELL and here is the lesson, they did not have a rest room.. I started to panic it was getting worse.. my eyes were now tearing.. I saw A roy rogers across the street, I went in there and again no bathroom.. TGFidays was next door.. so I said ok let me go in there.. well I did not make it.. I PB right on the Manhatten Streets.. It was terriable and embaressing. The moral of the story is always make sure you have a rest room before you eat , cause you just never know when it will hit.

It's good advice. I'm sorry you had this experience. I have never tried to eat a french fry since being banded because I'm just sure it wouldn't work. However, once I had a cup of coffee in the morning, got on the bus, and then threw up. I'm not even sure if it was band-related, but I definitely was embarrassed, so I feel your pain.

Nancy

Hey, not only make sure there is a bathroom but make sure it is not a mile and a half away. I had the same experience in a restaurant and was directed to the only bathroom close which was up a flight of stairs down a long long hall way and around the corner and down another long hall way. I almost did not make it -- IT is embarrassing. I feel your pain.

Many people say they carry around little ziplock baggies for this very reason.

So sorry you had this experience. :(

Was I thought nothing about it. You think being banded ten months you know it all.. I could not believe after all this time that I had experienced such a servere PB.

Poor thing. I had the same thing happen in the Westin Bonaventure in Los Angeles. Darn restrooms are way around this circular walkway.

Another thing people keep in their purses are sick bags from airlines.

Another thing people keep in their purses are sick bags from airlines.

Probably WAAAAY better choice than clear baggies... lol

And ugh!

:(

Oh, Laura, how awful! You have my sympathies. But you're not alone, you know. I once lost it right on the street outside my office, since I'd gone outside hoping a walk would help.

Nope. Thankfully there was no one watching. (As far as I know...)

Well, I have an odd story on that!! My sister and I were coming back from a dentist in Mexico, and she can't see well at night so she ask me to drive. I did and we had eaten. I knew I was stuck but she really didn't want to drive so I was driving and sipping on that darn Water trying to ease the food down. It didn't work. It made it worse.... really bad.... so I drive and drive trying to play like everything will be ok, it's not.... she keeps asking if i am ok, I lie, tell her yeah, just great. I can't lie anymore, I can tell its starting to come up with all that Water, so I tell her, Just give me that napkin. I don't think it is much. I've done this before....So she gives me the napkin, I do my thing.......Woah!!! It was waaaaay more that I expected. Ok, I am driving mind you, I have vomit all down my bra, (it was hot too) all over my blouse, running out of my napking and over the side of my hand.. But I feel better!!!lol...So I pull over and tell her, I am getting a blouse out of my suitcase and i am just going to change here on the side of the road. It's really dark , right, nobody will see me..... I get my blouse off, and bra, standing in the dark on the side of the road, and my goofy sister forgets that i said don't open the door, and guess what she does.... that's right.... she opens the door to see if I am ok.... cars are coming behind us and i am standing there with no top on. I grabbed my shirt and shut her door and all i can hear is her cracking up.... I jumped in the drivers seat with no blouse on, but the clean one in my hand and put it on as fast as i can. So, I usually keep a clean towel in my car. It comes in handy for lots of stuff. Well, I hope you all enjoyed that. I know i think its pretty funny now. Wasn't then, but what the heck.

I gave someone driving by the shock of their night!!!!

:(:D :D :D

Hahaha! Sounds like something I might get myself into. That's funny. And in your area of Texas, too. I can see it now. lol.

(I lived in Rising Star for a short time. )

:laugh :laugh :laugh :eek

Most friday nights I take my husband lunch at his job in the evening (he works swing). I had quit doing this while I was healing but once I was on solid food I started back up. I only took a few bites and felt that funny feeling but at that point I wasn't real coordinated about the band. I decided it would be okay, I don't need to run yet. We go outside for a few minutes. My poor hubby keeps asking me if I am okay and suddenly I decided at that instant I needed the bathroom. I did not even get two steps toward the door. I barfed right there at my hubby's feet right in front of his bosses office. OOOOPS. LOL

T

My sweetie, John, my son, Bradley, and I all went out to eat one night. I was good and ordered the Soup and a tuna sandwich, but did not eat the bread just the tuna. GOOD GIRL right? WRONG!!!!!! I should have stopped at the soup. I took a couple of bites of the tuna and WHAM!!! DEER IN HEADLIGHTS SYNDROME hit. Both my son and sweetie looked at me and said in unison, "Are you alright?" I could not answer. SLIMER from GHOSTBUSTER's showed up for the party with the deer. SO here I am in a NICE restaurant, oh did I mention I was in the middle of the back side of a semi-circle table. LOL!!! Trapped like a rat. Luckily I had asked for a glass of Water and it was half gone. I could not make it out of the table so I grabbed the half glass of water and PB'd right there. LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Both of them were really sweet about it. They didn't care that I had PB'd they just wanted to make sure I was OK. I laughed it off and said, "Hell of a tip!" LOLOL!!!! Well that did it for dinner for me. On the other hand it didn't seem to bother either of their appetites at all. THey went on to have dessert.

ACCCCKKKKK!!!!

I was sitting at one of the tables inside the local Major Market in front of the deli counter. I was eating my roasted chicken, when BAM! DEER IN THE HEADLIGHTS. I had no idea where the restroom was. A young mother had just sat down at the table next to me with her 5 year old. I sat really still, hoping, praying that it would go down. No go.

Finally I grab the paper bag my lunch had come in, and whoosh! Out it comes. I thought I did this very surreptitiously, but when I looked up the Mom and kid were NO WHERE to be seen... lol

:(