Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am on 2nd day of preop liquid diet - I have headaches but am not hungry. But I do have head hunger. What are your experiences?

Is it all liquid..?..what have you been eating? I feel mine should be more restricted..because I wasn't given spefics..only 2 shakes and lean protuen ..what were you told?

Is it all liquid..?..what have you been eating? I feel mine should be more restricted..because I wasn't given spefics..only 2 shakes and lean protuen ..what were you told?

The're quite a few different ones...i had a choice between a shake one a milk one and a food one. Mines really quite restrictive only 200g Protein and 100g of carbs. 200ml semi skimmed milk allowance and 2 portions of fruit. No root veg peas or sweetcorn and lots of Water and leafy Veg.

my pre op diet consists of Protein shakes they want us to have them 3-4 times a day. my shake filled me up really good this morning. i am also allowed veggies (steamed no carb veggies) and yogurt,2oz of chicken) cottage cheese, hard boiled egg once a day. so out of the list i can choose two along with veggies.

i chose 2 do solid foods. i honestly dont understand the head hunger part because i eat when im hungry and have physical pain for food in my stomach. i try to drink Water or flavored water as much as i can in between.

i dont want 2 go to sleep with solid foods in me. so i will be having a shake for dinner. good luck to you! we can do this!!!! only 8 more days left!!!

Am on 2nd day of preop liquid diet - I have headaches but am not hungry. But I do have head hunger. What are your experiences?

I also had headaches for the 1st 3 days..i think its a bit of withdrawal from the cards and sugars. Hopefully your nearing the end if the headache part.

my pre op diet consists of Protein shakes they want us to have them 3-4 times a day. my shake filled me up really good this morning. i am also allowed veggies (steamed no carb veggies) and yogurt,2oz of chicken) cottage cheese, hard boiled egg once a day. so out of the list i can choose two along with veggies.

i chose 2 do solid foods. i honestly dont understand the head hunger part because i eat when im hungry and have physical pain for food in my stomach. i try to drink Water or flavored water as much as i can in between.

i dont want 2 go to sleep with solid foods in me. so i will be having a shake for dinner. good luck to you! we can do this!!!! only 8 more days left!!!

**i meant i chose the solid food part for lunch because i can burn it off better during the day.

I was instructed to follow a true liquid diet. I can put fruit or oatmeal (yes, oatmeal - cooked or uncooked) into the blender with the Protein shake. But only liquids. I also am allowed to put nuts or yoghurt into the blender with the Protein Shake but everything has to be blended. I don't know why but I am following the instructions. I think it does help to prepare for the change in lifestyle. I am. It enjoying the liquid diet but it's not the worst thing to go through. I do miss chewing. I can have Jello and sugar free puddings. Also broth - but I find that the broth tastes just like Water. I would like something savory.

I also had headaches for the 1st 3 days..i think its a bit of withdrawal from the cards and sugars. Hopefully your nearing the end if the headache part.

I took Tylenol and found it helps with the headaches. I still feel a bit weak at the end of the second day. Other than that it is not so bad. I do think that the liquid diet helps to prepare me psychologically for the dietary changes.

I took Tylenol and found it helps with the headaches. I still feel a bit weak at the end of the second day. Other than that it is not so bad. I do think that the liquid diet helps to prepare me psychologically for the dietary changes.

I never thought of the tylenol :) thanks! 2nd day liquid diet I'm allowed some food and veggies the rest shakes and Water. Today is better than yesterday. Surgery is so close I can't slip up now! !!

Sent from my Samsung Admire using VST

Hi, am on Day 4 of 2 week pre-op liquid diet. Today I was hungry, yesterday was terrible - watching football and no Snacks (unless you count yogurt). Is chewing gum allowed? no note on my instructions about gum but yesterday I really, really wanted something to chew!!!! My doc is tremendously picky and strict -- closest thing to chewable food is cottage cheese and/or cream of wheat; other than that it's yogurt, pudding, Jello (all sugar free of course), and cream Soups (strained). Got my order of Protein powders and have been adding the powder to the above foods and to Water flavored with Crystal Light (guess that makes it a shake?).

Thinking ahead to months of no eating out makes me sad, so need to get a better attitude.

thanks for a place to be honest about my feelings.

mel

How much weight have you lost? I'm in week 2 and I've only lost 8 pounds.... I don't understand, I'm eating around 600-700 calories a day, how is it possible that I didn't lose anything the second week. I've heard of people losing 15-20 pounds during their 3 week diet.

I had headaches the first 3 days as well and was also exhausted. I have a little more energy now and I'm used to the 700 calories a day.

I spread it out throughout the day. I'm allowed 3 shakes (Ru-Tein with 8 oz skim milk), 2 cups of chicken broth, 2 sugar free jellos, 2 cups of lettuce twice w/1 tblsp. light dressing & 1 light yogurt. I try not to have anything to eat until I actually feel hungry which seems to be around 10:30-11:00 a.m and then I spread the food out throughout the day. Just finished my 5th day and 1st weekend on it. Hopefully next week and weekend will go as good as last week and this weekend did.

My surgery has been postponed by three weeks. Surgeon states I can choose to stop the liquid diet after 15 days but that it is okay to continue the liquid diet for one month. I have chosen to continue the liquid diet. I am on day 4 and find it easier. I did find the Halloween candy very tempting but walked on by. I am less hungry now on the liquid diet and find it a helpful tool to identify "head" hunger. I cannot say I enjoy the liquid diet but I can do it.

I am on day 2 of my 2-week liquid diet. I know that every facility and Dr is a little different... But I can only have Protein shakes, sugar free Jello or S/F Popsicles.

I am using the 'myfitnesspal" app to count calories... I can only have 800

:/

I have a headache... Feel tired... And have low energy already Booooo! Lol

Oh well... My surgery is scheduled for 11/12 pending I loss 8 more pounds on this!!!

Wish me luck!!!!

I am on day 2 of my 2-week liquid diet. I know that every facility and Dr is a little different... But I can only have Protein shakes, sugar free Jello or S/F Popsicles.

I am using the 'myfitnesspal" app to count calories... I can only have 800

:/

I have a headache... Feel tired... And have low energy already Booooo! Lol

Oh well... My surgery is scheduled for 11/12 pending I loss 8 more pounds on this!!!

Wish me luck!!!!

Good Luck Yasmine- I had a headache for the 1st 3 days and had low energy as well. But by day 4 it picked up and no more headaches.