Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Les Mills Bodypump

Hey peeps!

Anyone try this class??? My park district gym offers it and it looks good. I'm thinking if I can do it twice a week it can make up for me not doing my personal trainer. I plan to pair it with Zumba twice a week plus a possible Water aerobics class as well.

Anyway...anyone try it? Is it really difficult? I don't mind being pushed but weight lifting is not a strength for me. :)

Thanks!!

I just left a bodypump class! I zumba 2 days a week and bodypump 1 day a week and it's great! The class is tough but it's well worth it...you WILL see results! They have different amounts of weights and you choose what you're comfortable with, and you decide when you're ready to build up to more. Give it a try...I think you'll like it!!

I participated in a class like this at Gold's Gym years ago. I enjoyed it. It had good music and you were able to use the weights that were best for you. It was the most popular class at the gym. I actually liked it better than solo weight training. You'll probably have fun.

I taught BodyPump for 10 years at a local gym here in Mobile, AL. It is the FASTEST way to get your body in shape. The music is great! You work all 8 major muscle groups in one class. High repetition/low weights with 75-100 reps per muscle group in each class. I miss teaching the class so much. I put on 80 lbs. after I stopped teaching (not due to that - surgery & other issues). Now that I have lost 105 lbs. I would love to get back in the class!

Thanks so much! I'll try it out this weekend!!

I have been taking Body Pump classes 3 times a week since Sept.1st. I absolutely love it!! I can tell a huge difference in my stamina & strenghth. My body is toning up quite nicely,too. Look forward to every class.

Ok just got back from my first class and LOVE! Great workout, definitely tough, but great workout.

YAY BKMama!! Glad you enjoyed it!!

Ok just got back from my first class and LOVE! Great workout' date=' definitely tough, but great workout.[/quote']

How far out from surgery are you?

How far out from surgery are you?

1 month, 3 weeks, and 3 days. Had to look at my ticker to see...LOL

I made the mistake of doing weight lifting too soon (before 6 weeks) and paid for it by reopening my biggest incision. Now that it's healed, I'm back full force. I know my body and I must work out to lose weight and with so much to lose I want to get as much off during the honeymoon period as possible. :)

oh...and I am STILL SORE! LOL I did Zumba yesterday though, so it's a combination of the two. My thighs are singin'! LOL

1 month' date=' 3 weeks, and 3 days. Had to look at my ticker to see...LOL

I made the mistake of doing weight lifting too soon (before 6 weeks) and paid for it by reopening my biggest incision. Now that it's healed, I'm back full force. I know my body and I must work out to lose weight and with so much to lose I want to get as much off during the honeymoon period as possible. :)[/quote']

Lol, with looking at your ticker. I want to try body pump but don't know if its too soon. I was sleeved 9/12 and haven't been losing to much so wanted to try something different. I feel you on trying to get as much off during the honeymoon period.

Hmm...so you're just a week after me, so you're past your 6 weeks. When I hurt myself, I went back full force like a dummy....and it was only 5 weeks.

Did your doctor tell you 4, 6, or 8 weeks for weights over 10 lbs? My program is 6 but I know lots of people have to wait 8 weeks. You could always go and stay light on your weight or use just the bar or hand weights.

Hi there, I've done Les Mills Pump at home, send me you number or email and I'll send you my before and after pics. Gotta love it!

Just wanted to update this with a big thank you to those who gave input. I love love love BodyPUMP! I take it 2 times a week and it is an awesome workout. I can already feel a difference, especially in my arms, shoulders, and thighs. My clavicle is playing peek a boo for the first time in YEARS! :-)