Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had posted I was having problems with my gums..well it has progressed and may be an autoimmune disorder...so this may or may not be coincidental with the sleeve...I have a gum biopsy Monday...so we shall see ...the periodontist feels the stress to the body the sleeve created ..weight loss, the surgery itself ..could have made the disorder appear...oh well...this will be managed and I still will be healthier for it.

Oh Dayum. O.o

I hope the tests turn out with the best results possible.

Oh Dayum. O.o

I hope the tests turn out with the best results possible.

Thanks OTR...it's really very weird...the gums on the outside next to my cheek are ulcerated above the gum line..brushing is a hurtful event but I do it anyway..I am a huge fanatic over my teeth...now here's where it gets weird...my gums that are on the inside where my tongue is...are freaking fabulous..normal as can be...so off to shave off some gum tissue I go! I feel really weird...well..that isn't a stretch ..at least I am healthier! Well ..except the gums..but we will get them fixed...maybe unless it is autoimmune and that I just have to live with!

Wow- I thought I was the only one that had gum problems after the surgery. I was sleeved on 9/25 and Since my gums have been bleeding bad and last week were so swollen and hurt so much it was hard to brush. I've been rinsing with salt Water and it seemed to help.

I find that every so often when I have neglected to eat enough (or any) vegetables, my gums will become inflamed (sometimes bleed a little or occasionally ulcerate). I know it happened when I did Atkins Induction for a month. Perhaps it's a dietary issue you're having. I hope so!

Wow- I thought I was the only one that had gum problems after the surgery. I was sleeved on 9/25 and Since my gums have been bleeding bad and last week were so swollen and hurt so much it was hard to brush. I've been rinsing with salt Water and it seemed to help.

No you aren't the only one...my periodontist also gave me a steroid cream to use on my gums...you may want to see a periodontist in addition to your regular dentist....I have no Vitamin deficiency at all...so check into it ASAP...gum disease is nothing to mess with... It can cause heart infections and if you are female...and you are pregnant ..it can contribute to preterm delivery.

I find that every so often when I have neglected to eat enough (or any) vegetables' date=' my gums will become inflamed (sometimes bleed a little or occasionally ulcerate). I know it happened when I did Atkins Induction for a month. Perhaps it's a dietary issue you're having. I hope so![/quote']

I eat fruit and vegetables daily and have no Vitamin deficiencies.......autoimmune diseases run on my mom's side of the family....stuff like Lupus is prevalent there...so...I may have an autoimmune disorder....but I just want to figure it out what ever it is....

I eat fruit and vegetables daily and have no Vitamin deficiencies.......autoimmune diseases run on my mom's side of the family....stuff like Lupus is prevalent there...so...I may have an autoimmune disorder....but I just want to figure it out what ever it is....

Oh cr*p! Fingers crossed...

Hi there! I have a mild form of Lupus and for the first time experienced the inflamed gums post surgery too. Went away after I stopped drinking whey isolate protien. I switched to premiere protien from costco. It's a concentrate form. Good luck with everything.

Hi there! I have a mild form of Lupus and for the first time experienced the inflamed gums post surgery too. Went away after I stopped drinking whey isolate protien. I switched to premiere protien from costco. It's a concentrate form. Good luck with everything.

Thanks Caroline! I'll have to try that! At this point I'll try anything!

This does not sound like fun. Hope it gets better soon.

Thanks Butta, it isn't fun...but I have to say ...the periodontist gave me some cream called Floucinonide to put on my gums and after one treatment..they feel better. The only draw back is the cream is petroleum based... therefore..I feel like I have an oil slick in my mouth, but my lips are going to be the softest in West Tennessee...so maybe there is a plus side to this! The periodontist said he could tell I take great care of my teeth...so it very well could be autoimmune which from the medical journal articles I am reading ..points to that!