Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling Floppy And Bloated...

Hi Ladies! I was just sleeved on the 27th of September and I have lost 30lbs so far including the pre op preparation. I gained 3 of that back before I left the hospital. I did not receive any compression girdle for my middle so now I feel floppier than I used to in my mid-section. The only thing I have here is a panty girdle and one of those tank top girdles I purchased from the Avenue which I wore before surgery. Should I wear the girdle now? or is it too soon? I REALLLLLY don't like my belly swaying to and fro when I walk, especially at the store. Also, I'm having a boob issue, they are ginormous and cover one incision, I think where they did the hernia repair, I put a washcloth under there to wick away any moisture. How do I give this area so extra ventilation while it's healing LOL. Thanks!

Even though you feel uncomfortable I would have to say that wearing a girdle or anything tight around your incisions would be a bad idea ( I kind of think you already know this ) your incisions are still very new and spandex, nylon, ie stretchy things would make you glisten if you know what I mean? and would be very bad for healing but would be wonderful for a bacterial infection. Bacteria loves dark, moist areas.

As far as the incision under your breast yes do wick away the moisture with gauze or maybe some white cotton soft material such as a old tee shirt you can cut up, the wash cloth is a good idea but maybe a bit to ruff? Anyway the best way to heal is to keep the area CLEAN AND DRY and ONLY cover it with a dressing if it is still weeping or in an area where there might be moisture ;) I hope this helps!

LOL yes I know what you mean, I definitely don't want to sweat and cause anything to get infected. I will stay away from my girdle for a while, I want new ones any way. The washcloth is not to bad actually, but I will try an old tee shirt too. Also, when I got the staples out the nurse completely covered each incision with steri strips. Is this normal? I remember when I got my c-section some years ago, after the staples came out, the doc put steri strips on there so they were evenly spaced apart just enough to prevent any separation of my wound, and to still let air hit it. I was kinda worried about that, do steri strips let the incisions breathe?

Steri strips are an added protection so that there is less strain on your incision, and if they are butted up against one another then no the incision can't breath, but it's still ok because under the strips its still considered a sterile field. Your staples should come out within 7-10 days and also the steri strips will be gone, unless they opt to keep reinforcement on your incision lines then they may use steri strips again until they fall off with showering. :wacko:

Even though you feel uncomfortable I would have to say that wearing a girdle or anything tight around your incisions would be a bad idea ( I kind of think you already know this ) your incisions are still very new and spandex, nylon, ie stretchy things would make you glisten if you know what I mean? and would be very bad for healing but would be wonderful for a bacterial infection. Bacteria loves dark, moist areas.

As far as the incision under your breast yes do wick away the moisture with gauze or maybe some white cotton soft material such as a old tee shirt you can cut up, the wash cloth is a good idea but maybe a bit to ruff? Anyway the best way to heal is to keep the area CLEAN AND DRY and ONLY cover it with a dressing if it is still weeping or in an area where there might be moisture ;) I hope this helps!

try dusting it with corn starch, thats what we used in the nursing home under womans breasts