Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How About An Nsv List For The Post-Op's?!

Ok....here we go. My NSV's since losing 120lbs~

Can fit in a booth! No longer stuffed into my car, steering the wheel with my belly! Can shave my legs easily! Climb a flight of stairs without sweating! No longer have pillows on the tops of my hands and feet! Can see my veins! My collarbones protrude now! My face has a shape, and it's not round! All my old jewelry fits again! I have ankles and knees again! I take the time to look good in the morning now! I'm no longer the fattest person in the room! I can easily fit in a movie theater seat now! I can get up off the couch in one step now! I can polish my toenails without my stomach getting in the way! Nobody stares at me anymore! I get noticed by nice looking men now!! I get SO many compliments now! I enjoy walking around the stores now! I'm not exhausted all the time!

EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS SO MUCH EASIER NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could go on and on and on and on........Can't wait to read everyone's!!

Congratulations. You are doing great. Keep it up.

Feels awesome, doesn't it? I'm down 119 and have almost ALL of the same experiences. Keep up the good work.

Some of my other NSV's are:

I eat to live, not live to eat. food used to be something I would obsess about, order out, spend a lot of time preparing. Now...I think sometimes that something would be good, but then I move on, it does not become an all consuming desire.

A funny DUH moment recently. I began going to a gym, every day, a month ago. When leaving the gym, I would think 'hmmm, I smell Chinese food'. Two weeks later...I notice that there is a Chinese buffet next door, actually attached to the gym 2 doors down!! A year ago, I wouldn't have noticed the gym.

Let's see..

About 20 lbs ago, I was carried around piggy back for the first time since childhood... All around my house. It was the most amazing feeling ever!

16 lbs ago, I got the courage to post the picture to your left on Facebook!

Facial comparison shot: (on the right in each)

med_gallery_9319_2605_92819.jpg

med_gallery_9319_2605_54194.jpg

I can shop for panties at VS.. My bra band size is 32/34, but my cup size is still DDD, so catalog or some other store is still required for bras, but no more LB!!

I wear my 4 and 5" heels with EASE!!

I can sit on my BF's lap and not ever worry about hurting him.

I have lost 4.9' from my hips, waist, and bust alone.

My waist is now 27".

I have freaking defined collarbones! Not the scary kind, but defined and I love them.

I fit into EVERY chair, usually with room to set my purse next to me.. This is sometimes not the case.

I think by the time I hit goal and have my plastics, my measurements will be very, VERY close to 36-25-36.

Men ask for my number in bars and clubs.

I get carded more often.

Doors are opened more often.

I am 110% more confident at work.

You ladies inspire me. :) I look forward to my own NSVs.

I'm finally getting hit on again, by both men and women. It used to annoy me, but now I bask in it. I never used to notice when women hit on me because that's not my bag, but now I'm keenly aware of it. So I flirt back. My wedding ring is still slightly tight, but I don't think I'll wear it for a while even when it fits again. Hehe. :ph34r:

You guys are doing awesome! =)

I was able to fit into a 26 pants this week without having to lay on the bed and suck my stomach in.

I can walk almost 2 miles at a decent pace and not feel like I'm going to die after.

I love crossing my legs and weighing less than my boyfriend!

I also love NOT shopping in plus size exclusive stores.. And just shopping in general- especially thrift stores cuz I am now able to find stuff! I also love knowing that I'm not done. I've lost 115 pounds about and would still like to lose about another 50 but I only have 36 pounds to go to hit my original goal of 160.

What is NSV????

It stands for "non scale victory"... :) Love reading all of the inspiring victories!! Thanks to all for sharing!

I dived off a diving board for the first time in over a decade - 3 times!

I fit in theater seats - comfortably!

My boobs stick out more than my gut!

I cross my legs easier!

My dimples (on my face!) are more pronounced!

I weigh less than my husband!

Thank you!!!

I can tie my shoes without holding my breath

I dived off a diving board

My son and daughter can hug me and grasp their hands behind my back :)

I can shop off the rack, no more casual male xl for me

I bought a pair of running shoes

I walk/ran a 5k with my son yesterday 49:30! Didn't puke, pass out, or need paramedics

My children have told me they are proud of me 12yrold girl, 14yrold boy)

My wife is following my NUTs guidelines and has lost 51lbs without getting sleeved!

My grocery bill has been cut in half!

Oooh.. Another one.. My closet is full of form-fitting, brightly colored shirts!