Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey I saw there is a rating Protein powders topic so i thought it would be best to start my own topic about rating Protein shakes.

Let's keep this discussion related to pre-made Protein Shakes, not powders.

So far I've tried 5 different protein shakes, only 1 of which I actually like. I'm in my pre op but I'm getting sleeved this Tuesday and I have to decide which Protein shake to live with once I get sleeved. So far ive tried the following,

-Lean Muscle Meal from GNC (26g protein) - disgusting almost threw up

-Muscle Milk from Wawa - ew couldnt drink it

-GNC Total Lean shake (25g protein) - horrible didnt throw up but couldnt drink it

-Pure Protein Shake from GNC (35g protein) - disgusting chalky taste couldnt drink it

-Bolthouse Farms Protein Plus Shake From Giant (delicious, best shake ive drinken so far). The whole bottle has 64grams of protein in it. However the sugar is high (26g per serving). While I love drinking this now, i dont know if I can after i get sleeved because the most sugar I can have is 15g per serving but its really good.

I've ordered some more protein shakes online from Bariatric Supplement and also im going to Sams Club to purchase Premier Protein shakes. But again both of these protein shakes hardly have any sugar in them, and they may not taste as good as my favorite Bolthouse farms shake.

I just wish I can find a protein shake with 20-30g of protein per serving and like 10-15g of sugar per serving so it actually taste good, so far the only one i love is bolthouse farms.

http://bolthouse.com...hocolate/detail

anyone have any other suggestions for shakes i can try?

Does unjury and Isopure make Protein shakes or just powders? I just want to stick to the shakes because they would taste better than a powder and it's more convenient.

And yes the reason bolthouse farms probably taste good because it has a decent amount of sugar in it, thats probably why it taste so good, hehe. I just wish I can find something similar to it, with some Sugar in it but not as much as what they have in theirs.

I like the BodyTech chocolate (Vitamin Shoppe Brand), then Isopure, then Unjury. I actually like vanilla and Chocolate for BodyTech. The IsoPure powders I have used are unflavored, dutch choc, and vanilla (all good). I also like the premade Fruit Drinks IsoPure has, but the have to be ice cold and stay that way. I've tried every kind of Unjury and other than the Soup ones I like them all. I just wish they were larger.

Does unjury and Isopure make Protein shakes or just powders? I just want to stick to the shakes because they would taste better than a powder and it's more convenient.

I personally prefer the powder to the premade shakes. I associate premade with processed foods (silly I know) but I check and compare the amount of sodium and the ingredients in them. IsoPure premade drinks have the exact same ingredients as the powders of those flavors.

There's a few problems with the shakes however.

- They're made to be convenient. Sometimes they have added sugars (as you've discovered)

- Comparatively, they're more expensive than the powder ($2-$4 per bottle compared to $29-$49 per tub of powder)

- Buying a mixing cup from a health food or drug store and mixing your own with Water on the run is easier than stopping by a store (and I've found that Isopure is my favorite to be mixed with just water)

The good Protein mixes don't have any sugar and taste fine - but it's up to you to try them until you find one that you like. :)

Those problems don't matter to me, I want the simpleness of just opening up a Protein shake and drinking it. Yes they are more expensive but cost isn't a matter to me. It's def. worth it since im saving time not having to worry about scooping and mixing and all that mess.

I just have to find something good. :)

There's a few problems with the shakes however.

- They're made to be convenient. Sometimes they have added sugars (as you've discovered)

- Comparatively, they're more expensive than the powder ($2-$4 per bottle compared to $29-$49 per tub of powder)

- Buying a mixing cup from a health food or drug store and mixing your own with Water on the run is easier than stopping by a store (and I've found that Isopure is my favorite to be mixed with just water)

The good Protein mixes don't have any sugar and taste fine - but it's up to you to try them until you find one that you like. :)

I keep a shaker ready to go with Water in it and Protein measured out in baggies so I can grab and go. If I'm going anywhere where I'm not sure how long I'll be gone or when I'll get to eat, I take one. I usually grab the ready made IsoPure at the gym if I get super shaky or as a treat once in a while.

Have you tried the fruit flavored IsoPure mixes? Are they good if you have?

I like the BodyTech chocolate (Vitamin Shoppe Brand), then Isopure, then unjury. I actually like Vanilla and chocolate for BodyTech. The IsoPure powders I have used are unflavored, dutch choc, and vanilla (all good). I also like the premade fruit drinks IsoPure has, but the have to be ice cold and stay that way. I've tried every kind of Unjury and other than the Soup ones I like them all. I just wish they were larger.

thanks is the bodytech chocolate a shake or powder? im trying to stick to pre made shakes.

The bodytech is a powder, but they may have premade. Do they have Vitamin Shoppe near you? They carry over 100 different items under ready made Protein Drinks.< /p>

The bodytech is a powder, but they may have premade. Do they have Vitamin Shoppe near you? They carry over 100 different items under ready made Protein drinks.

Yeah it's 8 miles away, ill def. drive there and check it out and try it. thx.

You can even go to their website and look at the drinks. They usually have a cooler where you can buy singles and try them out. Just read the labels and make sure it won't tank any of the guidelines you are given by your dr. :) You'll have to let me know if you find anything good.

Isopure Zero Carb is the best I have found, the Dutch chocolate and Cookies and Cream are delicious and I don't have to add anything else to them except my Skim Plus milk. Two scoops give 50 grams of Protein, has zero carbs and with 2 cups of skim plus milk I have my full 72 grams of protein for the day. I get the Isopure online at "Supplementwarehouse.com" and I get a free shaker everytime I order and I usually get it delivered within 4 days. I have so many others and I just couldn't stomach them at all but this one is like drinking a regular shake.< /p>

If your biggest problem is taste & convenience, I have a couple recommendations.

Due to convenience I find myself using Premier Nutrition protien drinks. 11oz 1g sugar, 30g protien

Taste wise I'm liking Chike Meal Replacements. These are a bit higher in calories, but you have to consider the fact that these are not protien drinks. They are high protien Meal Replacements. They contain a huge variety of Vitamins & minerals that are not in protien shakes. These are a powder, however they don't have that "Whey" smell and they don't foam up when mixing them.

Try slim fasts 20g creamy chocolate. Blend with ice. It tastes a lot like the 10 g shake. Only 2g of sugar but I like it and can easily drink 3 a day now (2 weeks post surgery)

I had to do Protein Shakes for a couple of weeks once after an ugly accident involving my mouth. :( The ones I liked best that I thought were relatively low-cal were EAS Advantage Carb Control. They have five flavors -- my favorite was Cafe Caramel. I know a lot of other people like their two chocolate flavors but I don't really like chocolate very much, so I'm not the right person to comment on those!

If your biggest problem is taste & convenience, I have a couple recommendations.

Due to convenience I find myself using Premier Nutrition protien drinks. 11oz 1g sugar, 30g protien

Taste wise I'm liking Chike meal replacements. These are a bit higher in calories, but you have to consider the fact that these are not protien drinks. They are high protien meal replacements. They contain a huge variety of Vitamins & minerals that are not in protien shakes. These are a powder, however they don't have that "Whey" smell and they don't foam up when mixing them.

thanks im going to go to sams club this week to try the premier Protein shakes, looks like a lot of people on this forum are recommending that.

and those chike meal replacements i gotta check that out and order some and try it even though im anti powder. haha.