Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate that I gotta throw up feeling.. I had two bites of spaghetti w meat n now I feel like I'm gna explode. My eyes are tearing up. My esophagus feels like its all tight. Does this ever get better? It's starting to pass no vomit this time thank god cause I'm at work. Had to step outside n get some air.

Get some chewable Papaya Enzyme. That's what my Dr recommends for when you get that too full feeling.

You are brave to try spaghetti. I just started pureed foods this week and have already found a few that I just cannot tolerate. So for now I'm sticking to yogurt and refried Beans.< /p>

Get some chewable Papaya Enzyme. That's what my Dr recommends for when you get that too full feeling.

You are brave to try spaghetti. I just started pureed foods this week and have already found a few that I just cannot tolerate. So for now I'm sticking to yogurt and refried Beans.< /p>

All I wanted to try was the meat n sauce. I'm not doing it anymore. I'm waiting for my 30 mins to be up to drink some Water. I hope it does t make the feeling worse

I'm still on liquids and tried to cheat with 3 (not full teaspoons) of 1% Cottage cheese mashed up and chewed to oblivian and got that tight esophagus stomach feeling.

Karen, which purees have caused you issues so far? We have been walking this same tightrope it seems and any suggestions of foods to try to avoid first out would be appreciated!

I see surgeon Wed. and I hope they move me to purees.

Mina - Hummus and Peanut Butter are the two main culprits this week. I learned that you should only take a teaspoonfull and then wait.. and by wait I mean at least an hour. If everything seems good you can try more at your next meal. My problem with these two was about an hour later it was severe cramping, diarhea, and then needing to vomit but nothing came up. That's why I'm kind of sticking to what works... this process of trial and error is a bit scary.

I go on purees tomorrow, but I ate five baked Beans today without any repercussions. I have, however, gotten uncomfortably full from Tomato bisque. Yikes! I hate that feeling! I get a sort of "warning cramp" before the full on tight esophagus, urgent swallowing phase. I listen to my warning cramps, generally, but when something is really tasty, sometimes I ignore it at my peril.

Ok....so i tried turkey chili. NEVER AGAIN! I was staring at the mashed potatoes, chili and refried Beans at dinner and because I apparently enjoy self torture, I went with the chili. Big mistake, I just don't think I am ready for meaty foods as yet. Earlier in the week I had beef Soup, tuna and scrambled eggs, same gross reactions (diarrhea and dry heaving). I believe I have learned my lesson! :-/

I think my poor sleeve wants to be a vegetarian!

Talk about no beef for me either. chicken n shrimp have been good to me :) I feel better now taking some Water in.

Oh Sally - I have two cans of turkey chili in my cabinet.... guess I will hold off for a bit. It sounds like your experience with it was like my experience with the Peanut Butter. Did you put it through a blender?

Talk about no beef for me either. chicken n shrimp have been good to me :) I feel better now taking some Water in.

Beef is OUT! (for now, I can't imagine life without at least one bite of a delicious steak!) I haven't tried any other meat. My NUT said I am free to try anything as long as I " chew, chew, chew".

It still shocks me that we were all sleeved on the same day but in totally different food stages!

Oh Sally - I have two cans of turkey chili in my cabinet.... guess I will hold off for a bit. It sounds like your experience with it was like my experience with the Peanut Butter. Did you put it through a blender?

Sure did, even added Water...it just felt " heavy" after it went down and it just sat there. Then 30 min later....off to the potty I go with my barf bucket in tow. Lol.

Thanks Karen. Have you tried poached egg yet?

Even though I'm on full liquids I'm not allowed Tomato Soup and I'm 17 days out and that and Bean Soup are my favorites and I am avoiding those - bean I could purree and liquify, but I'm afraid of the gas and the tomato I think is to acidic at first while the stomach is healing.

Thanks for the hummus and Peanut Butter information. I love Peanut Butter and I actually tried to put a teaspoon of peanut butter in the vanilla cream shake and it made me sick. I I will pick up some refried Beans. I guess maybe that's why my doctor makes us stay on full liquids so long to give more time to heal, but though I see him next Wednesday I really hope they push me up to purees. Otherwise, my next appointment with the nutritionist is July 9th and that = a month on full liquids, I'm going to be terrified to eat by then.

Sure did, even added Water...it just felt " heavy" after it went down and it just sat there. Then 30 min later....off to the potty I go with my barf bucket in tow. Lol.

Yep - that's identical to my hummus and Peanut Butter experience. Shoot, not sure what I should try next. Have you tried mashed potatos?

Have you tried mashed potatos?

Nope, It's on the list to experiment with.this weekend. I would do it tomorrow, but I'm going out at night and to avoid any issues, I will stick to what I know! LIQUIDS

I wanted to try the crabcakes, refried Beans, and give the eggs one more try. Last time I did a soft scramble, I think I will try poached.

I'm East Indian from the Caribbean, so I am going to have my mom make a few softer veggie dishes (pumpkin,eggplant,string bean,bitter melon) for me. I miss the heck out of the spices. I have a weird feeling they will go down with ease, and if they do, I will be happy to live with that till I can tolerate meat.