Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am only 5 weeks out of being sleeved and yesterday was complete setback for me. I ate string cheese, Nutella , too much deli chicken and goldfish crackers. . This is the first time I have had a "crash" since being sleeved. The only decent thing I did was exercise. I even drank Water with my food. I kept grazing all day. I am so ashamed. I feel like I have failed at the sleeve :(

I think this is all part of the learning experience.Today you will go back on plan..its ok.

It is part of the practicing to become normal.The time between lapses becomes longer as LONG AS YOU ARE NOT TO HARD ON YOURSELF.We can become very defeated if we dont cut ourselves some slack when we have had a terrible day.In turn the failur you feel becomes the excuse to do it again usually because we still believe eating makes us feel better.

We know we can eat junk,we choose not to.

Its done.Its a new day.dont dwell on yesterday,just learn from it and let it go.

It does get easier.

xxo

The best thing about failures is that you learn from them. Don't beat yourself up too much over this. Ask yourself what happened to cause this one time for you. Look at the trigger(s) that set it off if there are any.

The best way to not let something happen is to learn from it and not repeat.

I'm sure you'll be fine!

Eric

And more than that.We do have "hungry" days.You learn to deal with that by eating more healthy Proteins when you want to eat.Smaller,tastier portions.Food that does satisfy the mind in quality rather than quantity.

You'll be just fine.

xxo

It happens to everyone, you did not fail. The best thing about the sleeve is that it is really easy to get back on track. Today is a new day, so forget about yesterday and start fresh!

I had a stint about 8 months after my sleeve that I really started slipping. One morning I woke up and had an epiphany...did I really spend all this money, fly to Mexico alone and have 80% of my stomach removed to fall back into old habits and let myself down! After that day, I started exercising more and making better food choices. Now, 18 months post op, I do have bad days, but the next day I just get back into my routine. And I also allow myself treats here and there without beating myself about.

It is never too late to start over! And unlike the past where we would gain 20, 30, or 50lbs if we fell off the wagon, with the sleeve, you either don't gain, or you only gain a small amount and it is much easier to get rid of! Don't be so hard on yourself. It is that cycle of shame and guilt that will get you spiraling downward.

What everyone has said is correct. In the scheme of things, not that going off plan is good- but think about what you might have eaten on a "bad day" pre-surgery? Might it have more likely included Cookies, chocolate, pizza, ice cream, etc?

Focus on this being a new day. Remind yourself you are in the honeymoon phase and that you want to make the most out of this. You can do this!

What was different about yesterday that you felt the urge to graze? I think it is helpful to look at what was going on inside. I had been doing great and then I found myself eating when I wasn't hungry - when my husband is out of town on business! I know I have to come up with an alternate plan now, when he goes out of town on business!

Also, I decided those foods that are tempting needed to go. It looks like you have children, so it may be a little tougher for you to get rid of certain foods. But, can you perhaps get your family to eat some more nutritious crackers, other than the goldfish (D+ health score)? There are some really, really good and satisfying crackers out there, although they cost more. Dr. Kracker makes some that have a B- health score. They are more substantial and one may fill you up better than going back for more goldfish, which probably end up being a slider food.

But also take comfort in that, while it wasn't a great thing to eat those foods, you didn't eat as much as you might have before! You'll get back on track in no time!

It happens to everyone' date=' you did not fail. The best thing about the sleeve is that it is really easy to get back on track. Today is a new day, so forget about yesterday and start fresh!

I had a stint about 8 months after my sleeve that I really started slipping. One morning I woke up and had an epiphany...did I really spend all this money, fly to Mexico alone and have 80% of my stomach removed to fall back into old habits and let myself down! After that day, I started exercising more and making better food choices. Now, 18 months post op, I do have bad days, but the next day I just get back into my routine. And I also allow myself treats here and there without beating myself about.

It is never too late to start over! And unlike the past where we would gain 20, 30, or 50lbs if we fell off the wagon, with the sleeve, you either don't gain, or you only gain a small amount and it is much easier to get rid of! Don't be so hard on yourself. It is that cycle of shame and guilt that will get you spiraling downward.[/quote']

Thank you for your message. I am scheduled for surgery with dr. Kelly July 2nd, and I keep asking myself how everything is all of a sudden going to change? That helps to hear you may gain a pound but not 20.

Well, please understand it IS INDEED impossible to gain 20, just not as fast as before surgery. We MUST remember this surgery is only a tool. If we revert back to our old ways of eating the junk, "aka slider foods", the weight will come back. I might suggest you read some posts in the Maintenance Thread pinned under General Sleeve Discussion. OregonDaisy can tell you that maintaining is not a walk in the park, it takes diligence.

I don't want to be negative, I just want you to realize this surgery is a tool only. It's up to us how we use the tool.

Thank you for your message. I am scheduled for surgery with dr. Kelly July 2nd, and I keep asking myself how everything is all of a sudden going to change? That helps to hear you may gain a pound but not 20.

Thank you all for your input. Today was a much better day :-)

I've had some bad days too. I read someone else's post that said there's no expiration on your sleeve, so I figure tomorrow's a new day!

Glad the bad day is over. I also wanted to add that it is a tool, but nobody said you had to eat only grilled fish and kale for the rest of your life. I ate half a hamburger last night. Typically not something I eat, but it was 98* and we had a softball game to get to. That's what I made for dinner and I was too hot to make myself something different. I do not feel bad about it, and it was still on ym diet plan for the day. I don't think a hand full of goldfish is gonna be the end all. It's more likely the grazing habit that will hurt you. You recognized it and changed it immediately. Well done.