Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey! Anyone scheduled for June 29th?

I'm getting ready by tasting all the various Protein shakes out there. So far, Celebrate ENS is pretty good. Ordered a bunch online to be prepared for when I start the pre-op diet.

I am scheduled for June 29 in Costa Rica! I cannot wait. I leave on June 27 and surgery on the 29th. I arrive back in the states on July 7!

Hi Robin!

Glad to have a friend to go through this process with! And I can't believe you quoted Zig Ziglar. He is my favorite motivational speaker. I just love him.

What are you up to now?

I've just received several packets of Protein shakes from my internet orders. The three companies I'm trying are: Celebrate, 4-ever-fit, and powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury. Trying to pick what I'm going to use for the pre-op diet.

I'm trying not to be nervous about this by taking it one day at a time and not thinking about it too much.

Best of luck!

Stay in touch,

Eileen

Hi Robin!

Glad to have a friend to go through this process with! And I can't believe you quoted Zig Ziglar. He is my favorite motivational speaker. I just love him.

What are you up to now?

I've just received several packets of Protein shakes from my internet orders. The three companies I'm trying are: Celebrate, 4-ever-fit, and unjury. Trying to pick what I'm going to use for the pre-op diet.

I'm trying not to be nervous about this by taking it one day at a time and not thinking about it too much.

Best of luck!

Stay in touch,

Eileen

Hey Eileen!

I will be sleeved on the 29th. Going this weekend to look for some Protein stuff. Seems like a lot of people like the premier Protein drinks. Gonna check out several this weekend and find some stuff for my plane ride! You're welcome to join our Facebook group.... www.facebook.com/robin.c.benson. Since no one around me really knows anything about this surgery, its nice to have some friends on here!

Hey Eileen!

I will be sleeved on the 29th. Going this weekend to look for some Protein stuff. Seems like a lot of people like the Premier Protein drinks. Gonna check out several this weekend and find some stuff for my plane ride! You're welcome to join our Facebook group.... www.facebook.com/robin.c.benson. Since no one around me really knows anything about this surgery, its nice to have some friends on here!

Also....Zig is my favorite speaker! He's awesome!

Hi! wow! not too many of us June 29th sleevers huh? lol There is a couple more on the June sleevers forum as well =) I just ordered some of the Protein Shakes online as well, they should get her next week. I am actually going to Dr Jose Rodriguez at the Star Medica hospital in Juarez on the 29th. I fly to El Paso June 28th for pre op stuff, blood work, ekg, etc then surgery the next day!! Woo Hoo! The only thing I'm apprehensive about at all is Juarez itself lol but I've seen dozens of youtube blogs of the hospital, Dr Rodriguez, crossing the border and on and on all with great reviews. I will be in the hospital until July 1 and don't plan on leaving except to get to the hospital and home from! lol Anyway, great to touch base with ya'll (yes, I'm a Texan)!!!!

I received my itinerary. I fly from Memphis, TN to Houston, then on to Costa Rica on the 27th. Arrive at the recovery villa then then next day will do the preop stuff, then surgery on the 29th. I will go back to the recovery villa the next day. From my reviews I've seen and people that I know who have been there, it's a great place to be. I stay at the recovery villa until July 7th when I fly home. I can't wait.....Just ready to get this over with and start my life!

I'm so glad to have found two people on June 29th. I'm sure there are more. They just need to find this thread. We can keep in touch and be a support for each other as we go through it. I'll bring my smart phone to the hospital to see how you both are doing afterward. I hope you'll be connected where you are.

When are you two starting your pre-op diet? I'll be starting on 2 Meal Replacement shakes plus dinner each day on June 18th. Then two days of Clear liquids starting June 27th.

I'm not real confident about this pre-op diet. I told the nutritionist, "If I could diet like this, I wouldn't need surgery!". She just laughed and said it's only for ten days.

I'm sure there are more too, there are only 2 others on the June compilation list though.. Maybe everyone wanted to wait until after the July 4th holiday to get started! lol

Anyway, I am about to start preop on June 11. It is basically the Atkins diet until the 26th then Clear Liquids for the 27th and 28th. I'm starting a week early to get a jump start! Plus Atkins is not like having to drink the shakes!

I will have internet access and will be updating as well pre and post surgery so we will keep in touch =)

Robin, I'm going to skip Facebook. This is the only forum I'm talking about my surgery in. I am not telling people in my life about it.

A couple of years ago, I tried the Slim Fast Diet. My best friend's response was, "You're on another one of your crazy diets again!". I was very hurt by the condescension and lack of support. This surgery is too big an undertaking to get more of that.

So, no friends. No Facebook. I'll find my support here among those who are doing it and understand.

Robin, I'm going to skip Facebook. This is the only forum I'm talking about my surgery in. I am not telling people in my life about it.

A couple of years ago, I tried the Slim Fast Diet. My best friend's response was, "You're on another one of your crazy diets again!". I was very hurt by the condescension and lack of support. This surgery is too big an undertaking to get more of that.

So, no friends. No Facebook. I'll find my support here among those who are doing it and understand.

amen to that! I told my dad when I was first considering the surgery and he told me "Absolutely not! You will not have that surgery done!" hahaha! He freaked out on me! I am 41 years old! lol So he won't know it's done, till it's done! As long as my husband knows (and he does and is going with me) then that is all that really matters to me =) He has supported whatever decision I make but I can't trust the rest of my family to..

Thank God we have this forum!!!

My father is also very against this surgery.

I'm grateful for this forum, too!

People irritate me about their little comments that they know nothing about...They can be so judgmental! That's fine on the group, but it's a group that is "super secret" according to FB where no one can see our posts inside the group.

People irritate me about their little comments that they know nothing about...They can be so judgmental! That's fine on the group' date=' but it's a group that is "super secret" according to FB where no one can see our posts inside the group.[/quote']

If it's "secret" and won't show up on my wall, then I'll check it out later tonight. I just don't want my FB friends seeing my posts.