Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Guys...

So, I started a new PT job several months ago as a Karaoke Host/DJ... the company that I work for hosts an annual DJ Olympics where we have games, prizes, food and lots of DRINKS!!!...

So, I participated in ALL of the games, that included a Hot Potato Relay (assembling Mr. Potatohead while racing another team back and forth across the lawn), Dart Poker, Dance Off, and musical chai to name a few....

Well, I didn't when any of them.. HOWEVER, I ran around the yard, picked up little bitty nuts and bolts, ran around the chairs (I came in second, cause I was CHEATED!!! LOL) and walked, walked, WALKED!!!

Guess what?? I wasn't overly tired, my back didn't hurt and I fit in ALL of the lawn chairs w/ ease!!! I wasn't touching the sides!! I stood for hours at a time and felt really good (save a sinus headache from hanging out w/ 10 smokers for 8 hours!)...

I've been a little up and down lately because of the scale... I've decided to dedicate myself to following the rules for MY SLEEVE and to enjoy this process... No, I haven't fallen in love w/ working out yet, but I love the sense of accomplishment that I get when I complete my workouts... no, I don't ALWAYS eat on schedule or the best thing every time... BUT, I try not to make the same mistake twice... if I do.. I get over it quickly and try my best to find out why I did it, ate it or bought it!!! We can do this!!! You can and WILL achieve your goals.. just stay positive and work your sleeve!!!

And if you aren't dropping tons of weight, but you are gaining tons of energy, confidence and physical freedom to enjoy life, consider it a VICTORY!!! The pounds and inches will come off!! Enjoy your journey!!!

Tina

You're the person who taught me to just sit back and enjoy this journey! You go girl!! :)

Oh WOW.. thanks Lissa!!! I appreciate your encouragement... It's been a little rough for me lately!! However, you are a HUGE motivator for me... I am looking forward to my 100 pound mark!!! Just trying to stay encouraged and on the right track...

favoredone, that is fantastic! I can't wait til I have NSV's to share. :)

Tina you look awesome. Love your new pic. You're right that it doesn't always show on the scales, but shows in other ways that are just as inportant!

Hey Guys...

So, I started a new PT job several months ago as a Karaoke Host/DJ... the company that I work for hosts an annual DJ Olympics where we have games, prizes, food and lots of DRINKS!!!...

So, I participated in ALL of the games, that included a Hot Potato Relay (assembling Mr. Potatohead while racing another team back and forth across the lawn), Dart Poker, Dance Off, and musical chai to name a few....

Well, I didn't when any of them.. HOWEVER, I ran around the yard, picked up little bitty nuts and bolts, ran around the chairs (I came in second, cause I was CHEATED!!! LOL) and walked, walked, WALKED!!!

Guess what?? I wasn't overly tired, my back didn't hurt and I fit in ALL of the lawn chairs w/ ease!!! I wasn't touching the sides!! I stood for hours at a time and felt really good (save a sinus headache from hanging out w/ 10 smokers for 8 hours!)...

I've been a little up and down lately because of the scale... I've decided to dedicate myself to following the rules for MY SLEEVE and to enjoy this process... No, I haven't fallen in love w/ working out yet, but I love the sense of accomplishment that I get when I complete my workouts... no, I don't ALWAYS eat on schedule or the best thing every time... BUT, I try not to make the same mistake twice... if I do.. I get over it quickly and try my best to find out why I did it, ate it or bought it!!! We can do this!!! You can and WILL achieve your goals.. just stay positive and work your sleeve!!!

And if you aren't dropping tons of weight, but you are gaining tons of energy, confidence and physical freedom to enjoy life, consider it a VICTORY!!! The pounds and inches will come off!! Enjoy your journey!!!

Tina

Way to go! I feel this NSV is at the heart of the invention of the sleeve. This post literally made me smile. I am so happy for you! Keep up the great work!

Awww.. you guys are soooo nice!!...I'm having a very interesting day.... but, your support and encouragement is truly making it bearable!!!

You are so encouraging, your great additude is an inspiration!

Love this! Yes, yes, yes ENJOY THE JOURNEY :) HUGS!!!!

Sorry for the newbie question, but I keep seeing references to "NSV" but I am nit sure what it means! Can someone enlighten me as it looks as though I may want my own......

NSV = Non-Scale Victory... and don't apologize for questions... that's so why we are here.

Thank you!

FavoredOne, You motivate others here on VST every day by sharing the ups and downs of your journey! Keep rocking that sleeve! :)

Lissa, thanks.. I have to do something to get out this funk that I'm in... it's pretty bad!!! I just feel like BLAH!!!!