Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just joined this group. I have just started the process for revision from a lapband.. The band slipped and I have only lost 60 lbs. since 5/09. I saw a new surgeon last week and wanted a bypass, but he thinks the sleeve will work for me. I am glad since it is less surgery. I have been getting alot of good info on these message boards. Seems like most people are having good luck with the sleeve so I am looking forward to getting it. I know it will be a while. It seems to take forever to go thru the process, but it will be worth it.

Hi - I just joined this group also. I'm preop for the sleeve, surgery date is set for 4/23. My husband had sleeve last year this month and is very happy with it. Good luck to you.

I'm glad to have found a group that's "my age" - I turned 50 earlier this month, and my surgery is scheduled for 3/22 - I'm having my band removed and the sleeve done at the same time. Looking forward to learning as much as possible about weight loss as I get older!

I felt the same way about finding people "my age" when I found this site! University of Michigan has a cut off age of 60 so at 56 yrs old, that freaked me out too! Time is flying and I want to be healthy and slim!!

Tonight is my sleep study and I'm already in the hospital. Just waiting for them to come and "hook" me up. I don't know if I'll be able to sleep at all. I usually can't when I'm away from home and my DH.

sleep study done, and over with. Apparently I have no sleep issues (Yayyy). I also had my pre-op blood work done today. So now it's just continuing with liquids. I can't believe my surgery is only a week from today!!

Checkin' off the "gotta do's" and you're getting closer!!! Congrats!

Looking forward to hearing from ChaCha to see how her surgery went yesterday. Sending prayers hugs and good thoughts her way. Hope she is recovering and doing well.

Looking forward to hearing from ChaCha to see how her surgery went yesterday. Sending prayers hugs and good thoughts her way. Hope she is recovering and doing well.

I've been thinking about her and wondering too. Can't wait to hear. ChaCha - how are you?!!

Hi everyone,

I am 55 and had my surgery Feb. 8 in Mexico. I have lost 23 lbs. so far. I haven't had much problems. You just can't eat but 2-3 Tbs. of food at a time.

Sometimes it does seem like you will get full pretty fast. I am retired. I try and drink 2 Protein Drinks a day to get enough Protein in.

The younger people seem to lose weight alot faster so it is nice to find a site with people my age.

Has anyone heard about how to keep the skin from sagging? Is that at all possible? I read somewhere on the VSG site about a product called "ItWorks" but would like to know more...

Funny, I woke up with sagging skin on my mind today, and here's your post! At my age, I know I am going to have a lot of it and wondering the same thing. I'm especially worried about my face and neck, and then my upper arms. Anybody have advice for us?

I know that at my age, sagging skin comes with the weight loss. About the best way to reduce it (naturally), is to work out with weights. Build muscle (which will replace the fat), and you will have less sagging skin. I remember when I did Weight Watchers, our "Leader" had lost over 200lbs, and she used her clothing to help "camouflage" her sagging skin (longer sleeves, etc). I think the best way is with plastic surgery - and at this point I am not even going to consider another surgery. Might change my mind in a year or two, but who knows. I knew going into this that sagging skin comes with the weight loss, so the sagging skin is one of those things that I just expect.

I have sagging skin under my neck and I don't even get sleeved until 5-22!! I'm worried about it, but hey - I feel that to lose the weight is worth it! I look forward to getting into good shape and not being tired all the time. I'm very psyched to find this group - you'd think i'd have found it earlier since i'm on this site about 10,000 times a day now! But I'm glad to be here. I love the name, Silver Sleevers! Never thought of myself like that before, but hey - I'm worth it!

This is an update. I am 10 weeks out from surgery and have lost 29 pounds so far. I need to add more exercise and maybe that will speed up my weight loss. I'm going to add some resistance to my workout.