Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

School Staff Exercise Support!!!

Calling All Teachers, Students, School Staff.........

Our vacation time is starting to come to and end!! I don't know how all of you are doing with your exercise routine, but I have been fortunate enough to work out a consistant one for the summer. BUT here is the problem!! My routine is Mon - Fri anytime from 9:00 -1:00pm. (that is when the daycare is avaliable at the gym) We usually get there around 10ish.... This has worked out great!! BUT as we all know all good things must come to an end and come August 17th I will be BACK TO WORK!

:pout:

Have any of you planned out your exercise routine once school is back in session? I am struggling with it right now but hopefully I will have it worked out within the next few weeks! I am starting this thread so that we have a support system to keep us going! It's really easy to get to the gym and work out when you don't have to worry about working. Now that were all going back to work we need to make sure that we don't screw up what good habits we have started!

My Challenge: Try to post weekly or bi-weekly ( I know the beginning of the school year is CRAZY!!!) on how your workout is going. We need to ban together on this!! Good luck to you all!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

I agree! It is going to be really tough for me once school starts up again (for me-I went back to college) not just my kids.....things get hectic, that's for sure.

My plan is to work up to a full 45-minute treadmill walk - that way I can do a complete workout in one session at night (versus two separate 26 min. walks now)....hopefully that will give me the same results.......

MoOrless: The best way to work up to 45 minutes is to START NOW and I don't know what level you do. But here is what I did..........back in March when I started this adventure I was out of shape and I hadn't been on my treadmill since before my daughter was born the year before. So...I started at 30 minutes on 2.3 with a 2.0 incline. I did this for a week. Then the next week I did 35 min with on 2.5 w/2.5 incline. I did this for a week and then the next week I did 40 min and started with 2.5 and if I felt good increased it to 2.7/2.8. THen next thing I knew by the end of the month I was at 45 minutes at 3.0 with a 3.5 incline. I am now doing an hour at 3.5 with a 4.5 incline! OR the Eliptic machine (which I HATED at first and could only do 5 min.) I am now up to 50 minutes on the Fat Burner level.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

I agree! It is going to be really tough for me once school starts up again (for me-I went back to college) not just my kids.....things get hectic, that's for sure.

My plan is to work up to a full 45-minute treadmill walk - that way I can do a complete workout in one session at night (versus two separate 26 min. walks now)....hopefully that will give me the same results.......

Doesn't your college have a gym? I just found out that mine does and its free...not to mention the campus is huge and totally fenced in -there are paths everywhere. (for the Nun's I think, its a Catholic College) I can't wait...my neighborhood is not the best place to walk in. I have an hour in between classes and on Mondays and Wednesdays I will be there from 11am to 9:30pm--I plan on lots of walking!

Yep they do have a fitness center - but NO WAY will I go and work out and then go all sweaty to my classes -- too much work to bring workout clothes, etc. -- I am OLD so I will exercise when I get home at night lol

I work out now - two 26 min sessions per day (up from two 15-min sessions) on the treadmill. I have disabilities and this is great workout for me - I might get up to 45 min by Sept. and I might not - not hung up on it -- I know my limitations....

That was too funny, I forgot about the sweat factor, glad for the reminder...lol. And yeah.....I see your pic, you are not old!!!!!!

Jenn-

I have also been wondering about this as well once school begins again the beginning of September. Usually I am exhausted from teaching by the time I get home, cook dinner, eat straighten the house that all I want to do is pass out in bed, but by then I usually have to grade some work or call some parents.

I am figuring I am going to have to wake up earlier and get in a 20-30 minute circuit workout on my bowflex before I head out to work. This way I will be energized for the day and if I feel up to it Dh and I can go for a walk after dinner. So now I will have to wake up around 5:15 in the morning yuck!!! :rolleyes:

I haven't excercised yet because I just had surgery 2 and a half weeks ago and the dr wants me to take it easier at least for another week or so.

We can do this!!

I just thought I would bring this back up in case there are any more teachers, students, etc.. out there!! I am back in full swing next week and I am getting a little nervous about how I am going to get my workouts in. As of now, I am hitting the gym at 5am!! I have no idea how long this will last!! The other option is 8:30pm when my kids go to bed! We will see what happens! I was hoping to get a support system together of school staff so that we can stay on top of this!! Summer is over and the bell has rung!! :faint:

I have no clue what to do... but I bet I will pull out my yoga tapes. I have the AM and PM yoga Cd actually... with that great looking guy. Yummy! He makes exercise fun... a little eye candy doesn't hurt the waist line.:(

Hopefully, I can fit it in. Have hubby, son, and 200+ kids at school... but do need to make time for me.

I wondered about this too. Some of us teachers at my school are starting a fitness walk. We can log our walking time and weight with the school nurse. More to support each other and keep track of our progress. I'm willing, I need to do something. I commute an hour each way to work and it is a Magnet campus program, so I end up having 11 hour work days. The coach measured a trip around the hallway and its 3 trips makes a mile. I need to get a good pair of walking shoes now.

Terry :(

I still have a couple of weeks before I have to go back, but I have already begun to worry. I don't think I can get up at 5, just don't think I would actually do it. DH and I are gonna try to go to the gym about 6. Is it better to exercise before you eat or after? I have one son who is leaving for college in the middle of Sept. and the other is 15, so he can wait to eat, but I need some sort of schedule.

I want to walk during my prep, but we usually have meeting, plus once the Pacific Northwest rains start, I know I'll stop, my prep is first thing in the morning, 8-9 and I don't want to go the whole day with wet hair!

I have always found the summer time to be great for taking off weight, but once school starts, I fall back into my bad habits. We get 30 minutes for lunch, that isn't easy to do, so I often grab something quick from the lunchroom. None of that stuff is heathly. What are you all doing for lunch?

Jane

I am thinking about taking a healthy choice meal for lunch. Don't know if it will be a pain to get to the microwave, but it is the perfect portion size.

I have some awesome teacher friends at the school where I work. Three of us joined 24 hour fitness that we all have to drive past to go to and from school. WE are going to work out together!:clap2: