Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home after Surgery 10/11

Some of this may be TMI for folks but thought i'd put it out there

Got to the hospital on 10/11 surgery was at 7:25 on the dot and at 11:30 am I was in recovery not feeling a thing the doctor calle my daughter to let her know how I was doing, I had made the decision that I wasn't going to let anyone know in my family which I have stuck too its been hard because I'm excited to see the changes. any how on to the way i'm feeling- by 2 pm on Tuesday my heart was pounding I was not doing well, I ended up getting two blood transfusions, way to many pin sticks my orginal IV went bad by the beginning of night one so they had to fight to find another place for a new one- I have so many black and blues on my arms that I look like a needle junkie, finally they had someone from cardiac care come up and put a new IV in thank god I was in tears and it was 2 am. Lots of pills to help with my heart, way to many blood draws to make sure it was all going ok, today I'm home and resting. but I have the dreaded drain still in and it will be with me for 3 weeks it freaks me out big time trying to log the liquid and keep it drained I knew I wasn't a nurse for a reason. LOL I was suppose to go back to work next tuesday but due to complications there was no way he would release me so now I'm off until 10/25 when i see him and than maybe one week past that if he doesn't feel i'm doing well enough. I'm fustrated and I've certainly had the talk with myself along the lines of WHAT TO HELL DID I DO THIS FOR? but still hoping it will work out after a few weeks but right now WOW was I stupid for having this surgery, it was much easier having the band surgery.. in and out and back to work by day 3.. Well I'm off everyone i hope those that are on their way or have been sleeved have a much easier time of it best of luck to you all.

B002011

Wow! I'm sorry to hear you had complications. I'm glad that you are doing better. I had the WTH moment while in the hospital too and have had it a few times this week. I just remember that I did this to become healthy and the pain and food intolerance will go away eventually. I try to keep positive.

Good luck on your recovery!

I'm so sorry for all of your complications. Hang in there and have faith that it will get better.

I keep telling myself it will get better, I can now put down 6oz if italian ice in about 20 minutes and tomorrow I start my full liquieds with some whey Protein put in, I'm hoping it will help me heal, a bit sooner. :) I did go grocery shopping today and it was nice being outside but by the time I hit the register I had to let my daughter do the paying thing and get them loaded into the car. I was so tired. when I got home I slept for two hours.

Best of luck to everyone.

I keep telling myself it will get better, I can now put down 6oz if italian ice in about 20 minutes and tomorrow I start my full liquieds with some whey Protein put in, I'm hoping it will help me heal, a bit sooner. :) I did go grocery shopping today and it was nice being outside but by the time I hit the register I had to let my daughter do the paying thing and get them loaded into the car. I was so tired. when I got home I slept for two hours.

Best of luck to everyone.

I just found your post-op posts, and I am really sorry you have had so much trouble! Believe you have turned the corner, and that it is just going to get easier and easier from here. Try writing down all the great reasons why you knew this was the right thing for you to do, and all the NSV you are going to have when you feel better. Focus on those things, and it might help you get through the temporary here and now. New Hampshire is pulling for you, and if I had just a bit more energy, I'd come over there and empty that yukky drain for you! I sure am looking forward to getting rid of mine. Hang in there!! Rebecca

I hope you're doing better every moment. When I first started liquids I could only get an otter pop in an hour. I had worried about that, but it was normal because of swelling after surgery. Every day should get better as far as liquid intake. I hope you feel better soon. Best wishes