Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I will be 3 weeks post-op this Friday and for the last 3 days I have unbearable gas pains. Sometimes so harsh it makes it hard to stand from a sitting position.

Is this normal ? And how can I relieve myself? I have tried drinking all the Water I can get (usually60-70 oz per day), walking all the time around our island kitchen ( since I have too much discomfort to go out), Apple juice, maalox and gasX.

So far just a little relief but not much. I'm not eating much, usually a little Peanut Butter since the discomfort.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Plus I guess I want to know if this too will pass...

Thanks, Janet

I had the same issue, never did take gas x or any pills for it, may have to go to a secret location and get rid of it the old fashion way....lol

Are you sure it's gas? I thought I was having gas attacks and recently found out it's gallbladder attacks. I have two large stones and need my gallbladder removed. Weight loss surgery can cause gallstones. And then eating fat can trigger a gallbladder attack. If you're not sure whether it's gas, tell your doc about your symptoms and ask for an upper abdominal ultrasound -- that'll suss it out. Hope that's of some possible help...

I had bad gas a few weeks ago, after eating Beans. I thought for sure it could not have made me have gas for 2 weeks but I asked my Nut and she said it could. I spent alot of time pressing on my tummy to move the gas around and try and push it out. I didn't have any luck with gasx either but found that mint in general settled my stomach and made me feel better. I keep lifesaver mints nearby. Also, how are you bowels moving?

I am wondering if what i feel is in fact gas? It is kind of a spasm feeling that goes from left to right and gone. I am 6 days post-op. Any info would help me.

My bowels are not moving to frequent but I am not eating too much. Almost into my 3rd week and I just have spoonful of oatmeal (plain) and Peanut Butter. Not hungry at all just want to get rid of this discomfort.

Thanks all for all your help, Janet

Maybe the Peanut Butter is causing the issue. This is the part I am confused about. My surgeon said I wuld be on pureed foods for 4 weeks and then 4 weeks of mushies, then 4 weeks introducing fruits and vegitables. They told me that the PB needed to be thinned out bc it is so sticky. Any thoughts from you sleeve veteran?