Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I weighed myself yesterday after a mini-vacation. Funny thing, I couldn't remember what I weighed before I left. Turns out I am down 30 pounds - and I have 30 pounds to go. Half-way, baby!!! I will be 3 months out on June 7. This is absolutely amazing.

Some things I noticed about myself:

- my mind is having a hard time catching up with my body. There are times when I think I don't look luch differen than before.

- initially, I lost all the weight from the waist up. After the second month, my stomach / midsection finally started to go down. This morning I got into size 14 slacks :-)

- I still can't tolerate sugary stuff. I can eat it, but it doesn't taste good - makes me queasy. Good thing is that it seems to have had a bio-feedback effect and I don't even crave it anymore.

Being a lap-band survivor, I just can't believe how well the sleeve works. It isn't even hard. Once you get your head around your limitations, it is really very easy. AND IT WORKS!!!! My band never worked like this - never.

So happy I made the decision and looking forward to the day that my head catches up with my body.

Lara

That is so great, Lara! Half-way there, WOWbiggrin.gif And size 14...woohooooo!

Congrats and keep it up. You are gonna be to goal in no time at this rate.

Dear Lara I am really happy for you in every way!! I call us lap band survivors! I still face your issues, Not seeing a difference sometimes although it is obvious! and sometimes I am in denial, with every pound lost I have (lapband) flashbacks! and think to myself yeah I will gain it tomorrow! and the sleeve still fascinates me! when I dont.

thirty pound is just a huge number and special one coming from someone starting at a light weight like urs and a band experience.

Doctors always told me that virgin WLS are most likely to be the slowest losers on earth. Kinda of discouraging but look at everyone on here with revision "WE ARE AMAZING" and living proof that virgin or no virgin we pushed through. Congratulations and best on luck on reaching your goal!:)

I still cant tolerate sugary stuff just like you and end up with dumping syndrome every time so I think its so common but so worth it! I can have dark chocolate every now and then, some milk with splenda may be but really tiny tiny portions. Sometimes I think to myself how much I miss my favorite chillis paradise pie, and my famous love to ice cream but I thank God everyday I dont consume them anymore! It makes all the difference, and still I have my alternative when I crave sugar. (dark chocolate withs some nuts and Splenda)

thanks for posting this update.. keep them coming XO

Chili's paradise pie - you're killing me!!! Its interesting though, since I have experienced queasiness or severe heartburn with sweet items, they just don't look the same to me anymore. They look good on the plate, but all I can think about is the pain :-) And it is TOTALLY WORTH IT!!

And, Ms Disney, am I reading your ticker right?? 45 pounds?!?!?! That is AMAZING!!!

Chili's paradise pie - you're killing me!!! Its interesting though, since I have experienced queasiness or severe heartburn with sweet items, they just don't look the same to me anymore. They look good on the plate, but all I can think about is the pain :-) And it is TOTALLY WORTH IT!!

And, Ms Disney, am I reading your ticker right?? 45 pounds?!?!?! That is AMAZING!!!

Yahoo!

WAY TO GO!!!!

Awww, you're gonna make me blush!tongue.gif

A few more pounds and I will be half way, too. It seems to be flying by. I am so thankful.

That's awesome!! Congrats!!

about the sweets... after i try something sweet, i feel dizzy & nauseous and break out in a cold sweat... is it the same for you??

"about the sweets... after i try something sweet, i feel dizzy & nauseous and break out in a cold sweat... is it the same for you?? "

It has different affects depending on which sweet it is, but none of the affects are pleasant. I tried a cookie and had those symptoms. Anything chocolate turns my stomach into an acid cauldron. I had a little wedding cake (white with white frosting) and a few bites were ok. Just didn't want any more after that. For the most part, everything tastes too sweet - it just isn't pleasant to eat it.