Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week Two down...Thick Liquids are a welcome change!

Good Morning Friends!

Today is the beginning of week three and I was happy to have my first cup of yogurt today. I can honestly say that I don't mind the not chewing as much as I mind all the sickly sweet foods. I know you all said that your taste buds changed, but the Carbmaster Yogurt this morning almost gagged me and it was always my yogurt of choice!

I weighed this morning in honor of my sleeve-a-versary and was down 2 more pounds...that makes 11 since surgery...stupid me was almost sad because it wasn't more and then I realized that I would have given anything for a 2 lb loss a few months ago! I guess it is all relative! I am going to measure today...assuming this little seamstress can find a tape measure! I think measurements will come in handy when I hit the stalls!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Cheers~

Barb

Great to hear from you!! Yes, moving to mushies is awesome. I know my energy got much better once I was eating real food. I found that cottage cheese was the best thing for me in that initial transition. It wasn't sweet and it had lots of Protein in it. I literally lived on cottage cheese for about 2 weeks. I would also eat ricotta cheese with soft bits of meat in it - heated up, of course. It was bland and creamy, but gave me some protein and calories I needed

My favorite "non-sweet" mushie was refried black Beans. I love spicy foods, so I put a bit of salsa in them, topped with a small spoon of white queso, in the microwave for a few seconds and I was in heaven!

I am having my revision to VSG from the band on 6/17 and cannot wait! I love following your journey! Thank you for sharing.

What a great idea! I am such a mexican freak!! Love Beans and that idea of adding a bit of queso really sounds yummy! Can't wait!!!

My favorite "non-sweet" mushie was refried black Beans. I love spicy foods, so I put a bit of salsa in them, topped with a small spoon of white queso, in the microwave for a few seconds and I was in heaven!

Hi Jax!

I bet you are getting excited! Less than a month away now! You are going to love it! I am so happy to have my band out. The first 2 weeks were rough but I could feel myself getting stronger everyday. Today, I am 15 days out and I kept my 2 year old grandson all day...now that takes energy. We had a great day!

The biggest problem I have is getting in my Protein and Water when I am away from home. I ate out twice today and Soup both times, but I know that I didn't get in enough Protein. Sure don't want to get dehydrated so I am pushing the Water tonight for sure!!!

Best of luck as you prepare for your big day!

Cheers~

Barb

I am having my revision to VSG from the band on 6/17 and cannot wait! I love following your journey! Thank you for sharing.

Congrats on 2lbs!!! Just think of the days when the scale jumped up 2lbs, and how bad we felt. 2 is awesome!!! :)

I just started my 2nd week and had 2 oz of Protein shake for Breakfast. I thought I was in Heaven! I hope that I can remember this part of the healing process and not take advantage of food the way I've done. I want to appreciate it for the fuel it is.

I was sleeved on the 13th and my birthday was the 18th - my brother was in town visiting and it was SO HARD to watch everyone eat around me. But, I got through it! :)

I can't wait for mushies! lol

Keep up the good work!

You go girl!

I went out to dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant last night. Had Beans with salsa...no cheese dip...wanted some but the kids had eaten it all when my Beans got there! lol I ate them slowly and they went down easily. I did get full on about 1/2 cup, maybe a bit more. Didn't drink after I started eating.

I really miss my Margaritas so I took a tiny taste of my daughter's. It seemed very strong and I didn't even want anymore. Funny, huh? When I do have a drink, I can tell that I'll need to be very careful. Funny how your tastebuds change when you are on liquids only.

My favorite thing this week on Thick liquids is my yogurt. Carb Master from Kroger is very tasty and not too sweet. It has 8 g of Protein alone and I have been adding 1.5 scoops ( 20 g of prot) of Bariatric Advantage Unflavored Protein powder to the cup of yogurt. The unflavored powder is perfect fo me. It is light tasting...although it is a bit sweet and vanilla flavored (don't know why they call it Unflavored...not so much!) But I like it! So far, that is my favorite! Just received my shipment of powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored...will let you know how it goes!

Glad to hear that you are doing well! I will be going in to weigh and for Support Group on Tuesday, the 24th. Looking forward to official weigh in!

Take care and keep up the good work! I am so proud of us! WE ROCK!

Barb

Congrats on 2lbs!!! Just think of the days when the scale jumped up 2lbs, and how bad we felt. 2 is awesome!!! :)

I just started my 2nd week and had 2 oz of Protein shake for Breakfast. I thought I was in Heaven! I hope that I can remember this part of the healing process and not take advantage of food the way I've done. I want to appreciate it for the fuel it is.

I was sleeved on the 13th and my birthday was the 18th - my brother was in town visiting and it was SO HARD to watch everyone eat around me. But, I got through it! :)

I can't wait for mushies! lol

Keep up the good work!

Barb, congrats on the 2 lbs, you're doing great. I think it's wise to do the measuring tape and/or trying smaller sizes of clothes to measure our success and not get caught up in the scale and pounds as much. That is my plan also. I have seen so many people get so upset and even depressed over the scale not moving at all or fast enough. While I can totally relate and understand, I just have too much weight to lose and a long journey and I don't want the scale to control my emotions, yanno? That is exactly what would sabotage me pre-surgery when I dieted, and would cause me to just say, well forget it, I'm just gonna eat that ______ if depriving myself isn't gonna make me lose weight. So I am trying to go into this with a different plan. It will be a lot harder to just give up on eating healthy now, thanks to the sleeve :)

Will you let me know which of the unflavored Protein powders you like the best between the Unjury and the Bariatric Advantage? I want to get one but would like to hear a comparison review between the two.

Thanks!!!

:)