Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's the Little Things...

I am SO grateful for this website. I am just beginning the process but everyone on here is SO helpful and nice. I am lucky enough to have a wonderful in-person support system. My husband and my best friends are fabulous and I am so glad they are so supportive. But this surgery is all I can think about, so naturally it's all I can talk about. I feel like sometimes I'm boring them with my talk of Protein, exercise, etc. I get SO excited when I discover new things that I like that I can have. It's so nice to be able to come on this site and get ideas and be able to share those little excitements. As wonderful as my husband is, when I come to him ECSTATIC about a new protein supplement that I love or a new way to eat Greek yogurt that tastes fabulous, or a new workout that is fun, he stares at me like I've lost my mind. He doesn't quiiiiite get it. And that's totally understandable. But I love coming on here and feeling like I have a HUGE support system. A support system full of people that are in the exact same boat as me, people that are veterans and have amazing advice to give, and even people that are about to have the surgery and understand those butterflies that fill my stomach... my stomach that is about to be REMOVED. lol!!

Anyways, just wanted to say thanks to everyone and say how much I love this site. And everyone share YOUR "little excitements" that get you going. Today's excitement was discovering how delicious Greek yogurt can be if you mix it until it's creamy and add some sugar free jam and a tiiiiny bit of milk to make it not quite so thick. MmmmMMMM!! =)

Great attitude and Congrats :)

I know EXACTLY how you feel. The boyfriend and family try to be supportive, but they just don't understand the kick I get when I find new ways to tweak my recipes, make my Protein Shakes more tasty, and such. I love this forum, and thank everyone on here for being a part of what makes it so special.

Yep, I love this place for that reason also. I regularly attend support groups offered through my surgeon but have only met ONE other sleever. There are lots of RNY's and bands but the sleeve is too new. This place has been BETTER than a real support group because we are all sleevers.

I also didn't want to talk to my family and friends ALL the time and BORE them to tears with all of my surgery stuff so I started a blog and have met a whole entire group of wonderful people on a similar journey. I love it. (My blog link is in my signature line.)

glad we're here for you!

P.S. I LOVE plain greek yogurt by oikos. . . reminds me of when i was a little kid living on the ranch and my mom would make it. . . yummmmmmmmm