Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

got my surgery date today!!!

I just got my surgery date scheduled for April 27th!! I am so excited, nervous, scared, and sad all at the same time. Why am I crying? I know I am doing the right thing here but I have soooo many emotions.

I have been overweight all my life and now and I am 126 pounds overweight and feel like I need this tool in order to help become a healthier me. Is it normal to feel sad like this?

that's great! Mine is the 8th of April and I cannot wait!

I just got my surgery date scheduled for April 27th!! I am so excited, nervous, scared, and sad all at the same time. Why am I crying? I know I am doing the right thing here but I have soooo many emotions.

I have been overweight all my life and now and I am 126 pounds overweight and feel like I need this tool in order to help become a healthier me. Is it normal to feel sad like this?

I am excited for you getting your date. YEAH!!!!!!

One more thought: I personally think that elective surgery is an overwhelmong thought in itself. But, like you, trying to lose a great deal of weight, over and over, is about as overwhelming a task and thought as it gets! We're going to feel so much better! Stay busy------you're going to be so happy.

Thank you.!!!! :rolleyes: How ar u doing with your sleeve??

One more thought: I personally think that elective surgery is an overwhelmong thought in itself. But, like you, trying to lose a great deal of weight, over and over, is about as overwhelming a task and thought as it gets! We're going to feel so much better! Stay busy------you're going to be so happy.

Those better be tears of joy!!! You are about to make a massive change to your life for the better. Yes it is scary but when you are still around to play with your kids, kids... well that is worth it!!! We are all here to motivate and encourage you. Go ahead and vent your fears but rest assured, this is the first step to a healthier you :)

Cheers!!!

HiP hIp HoOrAy!!! That is awesome news... :D

I just recently got my date too it's for April 4th. I know exactly what you are talking about. It's crazy how you can feel sooo many different emotions at one time and it can be very much overwhelming. You just need a little time to process it give it the rest of the day...

I had a few tears myself but they were of relief & happiness not of fear...Im am confident this is the right choice..time to suck it up for me. lol My date is April 11th...

Congratulations! Have faith you are doing the right thing!!!

I just found out my date today......APRIL 19th so I will be just a step ahead of you and will tel ya what to expect!

Wasnt that excited to find out your date...getting close... how exciting!!!!!!your right we share the same emotions...I just haven't cried, but making myself sick with nervous Migraines and all. But reading everyone else stories its just part of the journey. YOU CAN GET THRU IT.... there so many positive on the other side.my date is April 8!!!!

How exciting. I'm a little anxious as well.

My surgery date is April 8th and I'm glad to see there are a few others on the same day or around it.

I'm new to the site but I have been following and reading for over a month now. I find it very informative.