Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 6 days post-op and am getting very depressed. I started another thread about how much cream Soup we should be able to eat at one setting and I feel like I've done this surgery to myself for nothing!!!

I crave everything all the time!! That was my problem before surgery as well. I LOVE food...I used to joke and say, "I'll eat anything that doesn't eat me first!" I'm NEVER satisfied. If I could burn my tastes buds off, I would!! I still feel the same. This is so depressing to realize that I'm always going to feel this way!

I can probably eat 1 - 1 1/2 cups. That's a lot, right? That worries me!! I fight head hunger all the time with all the commercials and seeing others eating. I guess I'm not one of the lucky one's who has lost their hunger. That makes me real sad. :(

Someone PLEASE tell me I can eat so much right now because I'm on full liquids and they're just running through my sleeve instead of hanging around to tell me I'm full sooner!!! :o

Someone PLEASE tell me I can eat so much right now because I'm on full liquids and they're just running through my sleeve instead of hanging around to tell me I'm full sooner!!! :o

You can eat so much right now because you are on full liquids and they are just running through your sleeve instead of hanging around to tell you you're full sooner!

:P

No, it's true! Just wait til you get to mushies and try a soft-boiled egg....if you can eat an entire egg in 10 minutes, I owe you a Big Mac, feel free to call me out on it. Also, cravings are normal. I'd avoid the TV with the annoying food commercials, if at all possible. Also, try to appease your taste buds by choosing liquids that are more flavorful (savory cream Soups in addition to sweet juices, etc).

Yep, liquids in, liquids out and your swelling might has subsides quicker than others. You'll feel restriction once you hit purees/mushies. Calm down on the hunger thing. That nasty hormone is still floating around your body and not everyone experiences lack of hunger overnight. Head hunger, well that's a different beast and if someone told you the VSG would fix that, they lied and I'm sorry they misled you. They operate on our stomach, not our brains so we have to work on the mental part.

Add unflavored Protein powder to your Soups, drink more Water. You aren't going to always feel this way, but it's going to take time, and you're only 6 days out. Rome wasn't built in a day or even in a week, right? Changing a lifetime of habits, food choices, behaviors is NOT going to change in a week either. Breathe, focus on getting in your fluids, and walk.

I am so trying not to get wound up like an eight day clock, but I'm having a hard time.

Tiff, you are right. I know you are! Especially about the in and out. TMI...Struggled this morning with Constipation (1st poo since surgery). Finally accomplished, then an hour or so later I was at the other end of the spectrum!! What's up with that?

Anyway, this just has to work for me (surgery)! What else is left?? FAILURE!! I would almost rather be nauseous for the rest of my life then ever feel hunger again. Ok, breathing in and out.

Sorry for the drama guys...it's just been a long and hard 6 days.

Hang in there Lisa.

My husband is 2+ weeks post op and is missing food something fierce. He is on mushies (which for our surgeon is exactly 5 foods one of them being cottage cheese which he hates, so he now down to 4 foods) and no meat. He said he never KNEW there were so many food commercials and he just salivates when the girls and I sit down to eat. :(

Just hang in there and things will get better. It is hard stuff, changing this relationship we have with food. It will all be worth it, eventually, give yourself some time.

Hey Lisa, I know your pain. I have been going through the same thing, exactly. I am one day ahead of you and today has been a little better. I leave the room when my husband and kids have dinner, and try not to watch live tv. I can fast forward all the recorded shows so I don't have to watch the commercials. I can eat about a cup or a little more depending on the Soup. If it's just broth, it's like a cup and a half, if it's more creamy a little less. Remember WE CAN DO THIS. I love food too, and honestly didn't know how much until after this surgery, but we will change. FOOD will no longer hold us prisoner. Keep your chin up, we will do this together.

Skinnyagain (Abby)

Give yourself time and be careful!!! You are at risk for a leak until 2 weeks after the surgery! The surgery, pain meds play games with your mood so you have to keep yourself calm. You should find a support group in your area. I had therapy for a full year to deal with my food issues before I was ready for the sleeve surgery.

Also, at your stage they said to consume no more than 6oz of Fluid an hour. Measure your foods and be good to yourself :) You will get through it.:rolleyes:

I am on day 7 and having alot of the same feelings and post op symptons (I wish the Constipation would come back ;) ). I have noticed that each day is a little better. Hang in there.

I'm craving my favorite foods something fierce, too. I've been texting people with lists of things that I can't wait to eat again. Probably not a good idea! In two days I get to eat YOGURT. Good lord, I never thought yogurt would be so wonderful!

I am so sorry for the melt down drama guys. You all made me feel so much better. I had to cut away and stay in my room for awhile to chill out. Thank you so much for all the info and support.

I am so sorry for the melt down drama guys. You all made me feel so much better. I had to cut away and stay in my room for awhile to chill out. Thank you so much for all the info and support.

So glad you are feeling better, Lisa!! Don't hesitate to come to us anytime for support! That's what we're here for! :)

I am just beginning my 4th week. During my 2nd week I felt the same way. I was always hungry and head hunger was a "you know what". It was really a hard week for me. During my 2nd week I started adding mushies and it became more easy. Head hunger was not as bad and the more thick your food is the less you are able to eat. Now my biggest proble is drinking all my Water. Once you add thicker foods you are more full and that makes it harder for me to drink so much Water.< /span>

I think it will get better for you, just hang in there.

"You can eat so much right now because you are on full liquids and they are just running through your sleeve instead of hanging around to tell you you're full sooner!"

This statement is very true!

the beginning is really hard. the whole first 2 weeks when i couldn't eat anything i just kept seeing Subway and pizza Hut ads on TV and it was killing me!!!! this too shall pass. soon it will be trying to limit yourself to how much you eat -- before you know it! ((((((((hugs))))))))

I'm not sure this helps you or not but your meltdown and others' is what helps me the most. I'm not there yet (surgery will be Apr 11) and seeing what you are going through helps to prepare me for what is ahead. I thank you for sharing it on here. Oh and when I have my meltdown, according to what you all say that should be around April 20th or so, I know you will all be there for me!

I am not there either (May 10th!)...and I agree with Fatbgone, its posts like these that really help. This forum is such a fountain of knowledge, and I am finding that I spend more time here than on Facebook (gasp)!

I so appreciate the experiences of each sleever that has come before me and I can only hope to be as helpful to those that come after.

Lisa, thank you for your 'meltdown'! I know I have learned from it!

Take Care,

Karen