Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calories? How many should I have?

I see alot of u talking about very low calories during the losing stage.my Nut did not giver a number to go by.all she said was 60grs of Protein a day and lee sugar under 4grs.I am 4 1/2months out and lost 36pounds.Have been stalled for way too long! 4 weeks!!! I'm pretty sure still losing inches but what is wrong with the scales? ??HELP!! Im probably getting 1200 calories a day and 30min of card a day...what do I need to change???

What are you eating? Knowing that can help us give you some suggestions. I am only 60 days out and have lost 41 pounds since surgery. Everybody does lose weight differently. I am focusing on my 60 grams of Protein and keeping my carbs down under 30 per day. And of course, getting in all my fluids. Sometimes you need to vary your diet if you have been eating the same things all the time. I have just been able to increase my calories to around 700 daily. Before I was only getting around 500. I am hoping that I can continue my trend or close to it.

Well, I eat usually eggs for Breakfast and then a Protein shake... Sometimes a Protein Bar around 11:00 and then for lunch it is usually 1/2 of a lean cuisine then another Protein Drink or bar then for dinner I have few ounces of meat and some veggies...if I eat the carbs I fix I usually measure 1/8. of a cup... Just so I don't feel left oaut!! Then for snack it is either saltines with cheese or Peanut Butter. I get most of my fluids in by unsweetened Decaf tea or p-shakes. What do you guys think????

Ohhh and started at 222lbs before pre diet and 212 day of surgery ..and now stalled at 185. My 1st goal is 145 and then maybe 125... I hope!

I am 6 months out and recently stalled for about 5 weeks. I tried to lower my carbs a bit not very succesful, around 60-80%. I think what helped me break my stall is that I changed my exercise routine, added some weights and did my cardio a bit more intensly Oh and I also stopped the Protein Drinks and now mostly get all my Proteins from normal food. If you don't mind me asking with what BMI did you start and what is your BMI now? Sometimes the lower the BMI the slower the pounds come off. Maybe you should try ditching the Protein bars-shakes and have instead Snacks like cheese or lean meats, oh and try drinking more Water for liquids, i think that helped me break my stall as well. Hope this helps ;)

Oh! And I try keeping my calories around 1000 most days, even though my nut said not to worry if i went round 1200, i'm just a bit desperate to get nearer to goal :P

Well to be honest don't know if they told my BMI .. and don't go back to dr and nut until feb 17.I wandered if is slowing down cause it is getting lower.

I think the 1200 calories is fairly high for now. I know in my case I am usually 100 calories over what I log because of the bit of milk in my coffee, a sip I may take at my husbands juice or beer, and other things that are just too small to count. How do you log 1 swig of juice?

I am trying to stay around 900 as per my nutritionist. How intense is your cardio and what are you doing? Are you doing cardio really every day?

1200 is generally not too much, but make sure you really ARE at 1200 calories and not "a little over" every day and then a cheat day on the weekend or so. I think 1200 calories as a goal is a little high to play it fast and loose. Are you logging your food, for example on myfitnesspal.com?

I am striving for 900 calories, so if I go over with a snack to get to 1100 calories, I am still OK. Just like I am trying to exercise every day, so I usually end up with 5 to 7 days a week for at least 40 minutes.

Does that make sense? I am not trying to be critical of your choices, but just trying to make you aware of possible pitfalls.

I was scared that 1200 cal was high too after seeing that u guys were alot lower. I want you to be crtital cause I wanna lose more weight I use lose it com to track . Yes it is hard to track a bite here and there. I ha e been doing 30 min on ellipticL 5 dYs a week and bout 10 extra on my treadmill.I go pretty hard on ellip but the resistance part is broken Sweatig when I'm finished. And it says I burn bout 370 cal