Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Something I hadn't thought of

Okay so just this morning I was talking to a co worker about my upcoming vacation (next week) and how I wanted to loose 30lbs (this would have put me at 199) before we left. I was telling her I was kinda bummed, because I have only lost 22lbs (which makes a total of 59 lbs gone in 9 months tomorrow). I am thankful for the 59lbs, I only wish I could see it more.....of course other people see it, but I can't really tell that much. I guess I've given all my bigger clothes away, so now the clothes (hand me downs) fit and I want them to be bigger too!!!!

Ok, back to my original thought........I wore a necklace today that I haven't wore in months...I don't wear it much, because it comes right to my collarbone and bugs the crap out of me, and usually end up taking it off mid-day.......well, I was sitting here talking to a client on the phone a little while ago, and I was playing with my necklace, when it dawned on me that it now hangs at least an inch below my collarbone......so I'm thinking thats a sign of weight loss I hadn't noticed before. Now I feel better and am not kicking myself about the 8 lbs I didn't loose......

Thanks for listening to me ramble on and on!!!!

Good job. Weight loss comes in all signs including not having your shoes as tight, rings looser, even tying your shoes easier. Keep up the good work.

Yep, good for you.

It is SO hard to really see ourselves the way others do. Don't let your mind play tricks on you. Enjoy your success.

Sometimes it helps to see yourself in a 3 way mirror, or a window.

But congratulations on your obvious, even for me to 'see' successes.

That's kind of like me. I have never been able to buy bracelets or women's waches. I was able to buy a silver watch and it fit! I know it was a little bigger round than some of th others on the rack, but now it is big on me and spins around my wrist. I can also wear bracelets too!