Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

egg drop soup okay?

What do you think? Egg Drop Soup? It's a clear liquid right? Is it okay to eat during week 2 of Clear liquids stage?

On Stage 2.. purees, I'm planning on doing a lot of creamed Soups, what if there are little bits in there that get through? Okay? Not like big chunks of meat or veggie to chew, just small little pieces. I'm about to raid the creamed soup section of the grocery store! lol....

Great, now I want egg drop Soup. Off to the Asian store before I pick up my boyfriend from soccer.

Really? No chunks until when? Stage 3?

I couldn't have chunks until mushies/soft foods. No raw veggies/fruits/nuts/seedy stuff for 3 months. It's just how our program is set up, yours might be different.

thanks! yeah I have a very good setup program with examples, but I guess the two phases.. full liquids and mushies are sorta getting blended together for me. I understand a little better, thanks for your other reply!

I haven't had surgery yet, but on my plan, you'd be on what my Dr and nutritionist call the "low fat liquids" stage. This is the stage I'll be on when I leave the hospital.

I understand that each Dr's plan may differ, but just thought I'd mention that "allowed" foods on my list during this stage include egg drop Soup, strained cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup, and Jello.

Again, your plan may be different, but I just pulled out my documentation to make sure I got that straight.

thanks! yeah I have a very good setup program with examples, but I guess the two phases.. full liquids and mushies are sorta getting blended together for me. I understand a little better, thanks for your other reply!

Yeah, it's tough to distinguish between full liquids and mushies even on my program. The big difference for mine is on fulls, it had to be thin enough to suck through a straw.

I had some today and I'm on full liquids in week two. All I'd say is stick to moderation. I had a little bit early in the day and felt great, no problems. Then I had a little more later on... and ugh. So nauseous. I think I just overdid it. Be careful, go slow, and listen to your body! I won't be trying that again for a little while.

definitely true. every new food is "trial and error" how much, how small of bites, am i full now? i think I feel full... am I not? lol... never put so much thought into eating a few spoons of food.

I reached day 7 of post op today and Dr. said I could up grade my foods to semi-solid. Meaning I could have cream of wheat/rice cereal/ cream Soups, chicken noodle Soup, scrammbled eggs and mashed potato and cottage cheese(blended). Now anything with chuncks has to be put in the blender. Oh yes and sugar free pudding!!!! I put Protein Powder in everything to make sure I get Protein. I have this diet until October 15th. 1/2 cup servings 3 times a day. I am able to get the 1/2 cup but it takes about an hour.

I reached day 7 of post op today and Dr. said I could up grade my foods to semi-solid. Meaning I could have cream of wheat/rice cereal/ cream Soups, chicken noodle Soup, scrammbled eggs and mashed potato and cottage cheese(blended). Now anything with chuncks has to be put in the blender. Oh yes and sugar free pudding!!!! I put Protein powder in everything to make sure I get Protein. I have this diet until October 15th. 1/2 cup servings 3 times a day. I am able to get the 1/2 cup but it takes about an hour.

I am Day 10 today and at my appt. was cleared to move onto this stage as well. They call it the "puree" stage. Smooth puree. Cream of wheat, pudding, yogurt (with no chunks of fruit), scrambled eggs, mashed potato... same thing! We went right to the grocery store. I had a half a vanilla yogurt on the way home (got full) and it was the best vanilla yogurt I've eaten EVER! LOL! 10 days of chicken broth and overly sweet Protein Shots? ?? Ahhh!

Good for you. I know how you feel about the best ever taste!!! The cream of wheat I put a couple of drops of immitation maple and butter flavor and some splenda. It was awesome. I can't believe I am excited about cream of wheat.