Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This will blow your mind

Well, as you know for the last couple of months I fought with my insurance company tooth and nail and couldn't seem to get anything out of them. I today, at about 4:15 PM received a letter from them excepting me. Do you believe that. Here's the kicker. Also today, at about 11:30 am I paid for my surgery and then paid the travel agent for the 2 tickets to Monterrey. Is that timing or what. But, I'm not upset or bitter because all of the doctors here although much closer and insurance was going to fully pay they'd all done less than 200 and even though I'm paying approximately 10,000.00 out of pocket to Dr. Sanchez, I just feel more confident with him as he has done so many and I already have after care set up here and insurance said they would pay for that. Oh well, that's life I guess. Just thought you'd get a kick out of that. So anyone out there with Anthem (PPO Plan) they will pay.

Sherri:omg:

I'm sure if you call the MD in Mx and tell them what happened the will understand. Why would you go to Mx when it's paid for here????? Maybe its a sign!

Good luck to you either way

It has absolutely nothing to do with the money. I could get my plane tickets back and I would just loose the 1130.00 to Dr. Sanchez it's the experience. All three doctors here have done less than 200 and Dr. Sanchez has done over 5000, to be there's no decision there.

Just my feeling for me anyway. I want someone who's done a few and the one doctor had lost one patient and only done 180 surgeries. Now that's spookie. I'll stick with Dr. Sanchez.

Sherri

I went to Dr. S for that very same reason. EXPERIENCE. You will NOT regret using him. PM me if you would like more info on my personal experience.

Sherri,

Based on the research I have done, I would have made the same decision. When it comes to your life and your health, $$ should not be the decision point.

July 10, here we come!:clap2:

Sherri,

Based on the research I have done, I would have made the same decision. When it comes to your life and your health, $$ should not be the decision point.

Julu 10, here we come!:clap2:

SherriJo

I agree with Fishy's post. I was self pay, but chose a clinic in Washington State where the two doctors have perfomed over 1300 surgeries in 4 years. They are located less than an hour away, so for me, there was no option.

Sherrie Jo,

Almost the same thing happened to me. I was going to Mexico and then my insurance said they would pay 100% in the states. So I went to the states and put my money into a mutual fund. Save your money as the doctors in Mexico are making enough. I wish I could make 10k for 45 minutes work. I think if the surgeon is in the states with a reputable instituiton with the follow you would need then stick to the USA!!!! Otherwise you will have to find fills from someone not familiar with you. Stick to the local doctor and any possible complications can be addressed in your area....

peace

Sherri,

I have Anthem BC/BS and there is a WLS exclusion rider on the policy. Did you have the same issue?

Isn't that always the way it is. However, you should be able to receive your fills/follow-ups with your insurance paying and that will be a HUGE help. I was self-pay and now have to trave 450 miles to get a fill.

Good luck.

Bette

The only thing I was going to have to do was see a nutrionist and a psych and that was it. I have Anthem BC/BS PPO. I still have my papers if it would help you any.

Sherri

I would probably have stuck with Dr. Sanchez period. He's done thousands verus all 3 doctors here done a couple of hundreds. Just not enough experience for me.

Congrats on your surgery! Personally, I think "gut feeling" has a lot to do with these decisions. You have to make the decision that feels the best to you.

Good luck and keep us posted! Congrats again!