Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Detroit Sleevers

Hi,

I'm looking for sleevers in Detroit Michigan

Hi Andrea

Did you go through Henry Ford.

Congratulations on your weight loss that is great!

Thanks, the weight loss thus far has been almost effortless!

I had my surgery through St. John hospital. Have you checked out the St. John program yet? I highly recommend it. I went to seminars at Beaumont and Henry Ford too, but in the end I picked St. John because it seemed like they had the most experience with the sleeve, and the program was organized very nicely.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Hello,

I live in Howell :) I went through the Michigan Bariatric Institute in St. Mary Mercy Hospital in Livonia. Yes, kudos on your weight loss!!! I just hit my 40 mark and my next goal is to drop another 20.

Hello, I had my surgery in Mexico on March 19, 2011. Lived in Georiga at the time; however, I have recently moved back to Michigan. Highest weight 306, Starting Weight 294, Current Weight 182.6 Goal Weight 163. This has been one of the best decisions which I have made and my health is good. Looking for a VSG support Group in metro Detroit area to stay accountable with my physical/gym time.

Anyone familiar with metro Detroit sleeve group(s)?

HELLO EVERYONE IM ALSO A DETROIT SLEEVER I WAS SLEEVE AT ST.JOHN AS WELL BY DR HAWASLI

Hi Fluffy Diva!

Congratulations on your journey!

I am going through Dr. Hawasli's group - I chose Dr. Harriott - his newest surgeon. What has your experience been- both with Dr. Hawasli's office and St John? Did you have your surgery at Moross? What made you choose Dr. Hawalsi and not Dr. Meguid or Harriott?

Sorry for so many questions but I am nervous about my decision to have this done and I am in the final steps (waiting for

approval and pre-op stuff) before my surgery.

Any imput is greatly appreciated!!!!:)

I am 38 years old and live in Clinton Township. Dr Hawasli did a lab band on me in 2008. I had amazing results, however, the band slipped after my pregnancy. I chose to have the band be re-positioned, knowing ahead of time that the likelihood of it slipping again would be high. My insurance didn't cover the sleeve so I really had no choice. As expected, the band did slip again. Dr Hawasli will be removing the band on Tuesday September 20, 2011 and replacing it with a sleeve. I trust Dr Hawasli with my life. He has an amazing reputation and he is passionate in all that he does. he is experienced and I highly recommend him. Of note, I have also been seen by his associates, Dr Migueed and Dr Harriett....... They, too, are wonderful, and I would be extremely comfortable with having them do my surgery as well. Dr Hawasli is the type of physician/surgeon, that would only have the "best" with regards to being partners with them! As for the practice, it is VERY busy. I would always go in there with the mentality of knowing I would have at least an hour and a half wait. To me, it was well worth it. Jan was always so helpful. Rebecca and Denise were also helpful. .........as for the others, well, not very helpful at all.

I am 38 years old and live in Clinton Township. Dr Hawasli did a lab band on me in 2008. I had amazing results, however, the band slipped after my pregnancy. I chose to have the band be re-positioned, knowing ahead of time that the likelihood of it slipping again would be high. My insurance didn't cover the sleeve so I really had no choice. As expected, the band did slip again. Dr Hawasli will be removing the band on Tuesday September 20, 2011 and replacing it with a sleeve. I trust Dr Hawasli with my life. He has an amazing reputation and he is passionate in all that he does. he is experienced and I highly recommend him. Of note, I have also been seen by his associates, Dr Migueed and Dr Harriett....... They, too, are wonderful, and I would be extremely comfortable with having them do my surgery as well. Dr Hawasli is the type of physician/surgeon, that would only have the "best" with regards to being partners with them! As for the practice, it is VERY busy. I would always go in there with the mentality of knowing I would have at least an hour and a half wait. To me, it was well worth it. Jan was always so helpful. Rebecca and Denise were also helpful. .........as for the others, well, not very helpful at all.

Ter72,

Thank you for your thoughts! I'm excited that you are getting sleeved this week! I think it will evenutally feel comforting to you that you will never have to worry about your band slipping or failing. I will say a prayer for you:) I don't know if you have been to the support group the 1st Wednesday of every month but I went this month for the first time. It was amazing! Denise hosts it and I walked out feeling empowered, comfortable, happy and proud of every one in there! If you haven't gone, I would highly recommend it. I am your age and live practally down the street from you, in the Shores and your response regarding Drs. Hawasli, Meguid and Harriott has left me feeling much more confident in my decision to use this practice to help me start my new life. I am waiting for insurance approval - I believe they are just waiting on my completion of my dietian meeting with Denise which will be completed Tuesday.

Good luck and blessings this Tuesday! Hopefully we will meet at the next group meeting in October:)

Cathi

Thank you for the good wishes, Cathi. Surgery was three days ago and your prayers were appreciated. Hospital stay was uneventful. I could've been discharged the following day but a severe Migraine bought me one extra night. I'm home now and the recovery thus far isnt too bad. The most difficult time is waking up post op and feeling like a train wreck. This does pass and once my head cleared from the meds and anesthesia, things dramatically improved. I wish you luck in your approval process. Thank you, too, about the support group info. I will look into it and look forward to meeting you at the next one! Again, I think you are making a great decision to go with Hawasli and Group!

I am glad to see all the St. John sleevers here. I was beginning to think I am the only one. I am actually having mine done at the St. John Oakland Hospital in a little more than two weeks. An acquaintance was sleeved by Dr. Hawasli several months ago and has had amazing results. I decided not to go with him, but he is the reason that I even became aware of this option, as I did some pre-surgical testing on one of his patients.