Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All Vitamins are NOT created equally-Excellent Comparison Chart

Many times, I see pre and post op asking about high quality Vitamins. I see so many patients pounding away with sub-standard vitamins, and they really don't realize what they are missing. I realize a lot of surgeons recommend Flintstones or even some of the adult gummies, but really we have to be our best advocates for our best overall health.

Jill over on ObesityHelp has compiled a spreadsheet, and it is on a live downloadable file. You do not have to sign in to download it. Just click on the spreadsheet, and you can either choose to OPEN or SAVE it as an Excel Document.

This will give you a breakdown of exactly what you are getting. She has broken it down to a 1 dose be it a capsule, tablet, chewable, etc.

I've sent Jill a message on OH to ask her to throw my chosen Multivitamin in the chart if she has a chance. If she does I'll let y'all know how it compares.

Anyways, just more geeky research from me. I told y'all I'm always trying to learn as much as I can, and want to share as much as possible in hopes it makes someone's journey a little easier.

VitsComparison.xlsx - Windows Live

Thanks Tiff but I Cannot open the file. I have excel but it says client integration is disabled

I am getting the same error as delawaregal. Would you mind posting the top two or three Vitamin brands. I am taking Flintstones, but would be happy to switch to something higher quality. THanks for sharing!

Crap, I wonder if Jill knows that the file is messed up. I'll shoot her a message on OH since she isn't a member here, and find out if she can repost or fix it.

Centrum Complete with Iron

Twinlab Daily with Iron

Bariatric Advantage with Iron

GNC Solotron chewable with bioavailable Iron (I take this one, and it was right up with the Centrum, and was pretty close to some of the others listed on the chart that were higher)

I considered switching to the Twinlab multi with Iron but a few others said they were huge pills. Not my thing, so I've stuck with my Solotron with bio iron, and have never come up deficient in any of my labs. I did request to have my copper, zinc, and selenium ran this last time since Jill pointed out that my GNC vit doesn't have those, but my levels were normal as were all my Vit A, B, C, E and D, and D3. My vit b and B12 were perfect. So, I'm not going to fix something that's not broken.

These are the top ones off the top of my head. I'll try to track Jill down on OH, and get the info back to y'all.

I had to download, save it and then open it before it would work for me.

You can open it if you download it to your desktop or PC first then open in excel. :thumbup:

so today at work we had a celbrate Vitamin rep at the new pharmacy that opened up at our hospital. he told me that the Vitamins that i am taking are not what my body needs. i am so confused and don't know what to do. we take a multi vites-gummy-by vitafusion that we found at sam's warehouse. i can't swallow a huge capsule. my Calcium is also one that has carbonate in them from GNC. i chew up 4 waffers everyday in hopes of getting some calcium in my body. help me get unconfused. also the bariatric coordinator that took over the first one that i had in dec. wants to see me in her office to discuss my vitamins, nutrition and just to seat with me and i guess go over somethings since my surgery. i haven't sat down with anyone except my doctor and his nurse since my surgery. go figure. that is where chattanooga,tn is lacking in there wls program. i don't know how others are feeling about the support in the wls team but we need more in this area. it is great in the beginning when you are trying to get appoved but once the surgery is over, well basically you are on your own. again help me. tell me what you guys are doing for calcium and multi vit.?